Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Zappos VIP Account (302.27kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

what are the benefits really seems nothing special except next day ship but that can be had by using there App from what a heard. I still signed up though just want a little clarification. Looked at the benefits listed and tried to compare to the regular zappos site but didn't notice anything but shipping.

I used to buy shoes from Zappos many many years ago and enjoyed their free return policy. But recent years I don't see any reason to buy shoes from them. Their price is usually higher than other places (at least the shoes I am looking for. Tennis Shoes, Dress Shoes and Casual). Maybe someone can tell me good things about Zappos. I was not a VIP member before but if there are clear benefit, I may consider.

I stopped buying from Zappos when they took a pro-TSA stance. Google their blog posts if you're curious.

Zappos is still a thing?

Amazing customer service is probably one of them. Being able to buy shoes online and get next-day shipping is also very nice.

As an example of their awesome customer service:

I ordered a pair of shoes for something special (can't remember if it was an interview or a wedding- but I needed new dress shoes). I accidentally shipped the items to my old address on the other side of the country, without realizing it. I called them, panicked that their site said the items had shipped but I hadn't received them. I thought they had been delivered and swiped by a neighbor or something.

After figuring out that the address was the problem, they took care of everything- they got me my shoes in less than 24 hours, and they said they would figure out how to get the shoes that got delivered to the wrong address and take care of it. It made me a very happy camper.

While I agree that their prices can be a bit high, they are competitive enough that when I need a pair of shoes quickly, I usually order from them because I know they will go to great lengths to make sure I get them on time if something goes wrong.

I don't think I've ever seen their VIP account that WASN'T free?

skylarsutton said:   I stopped buying from Zappos when they took a pro-TSA stance. Google their blog posts if you're curious.
http://blogs.zappos.com/whyweadvertiseinsecuritybins

Doesn't sound pro-TSA as much as it does pro-Airport, pro-Advertising, and pro-QuickerThroughSecurity.

FYI i just looked at getting some shoes for my kids for Christmas and 4 pairs of shoes was about $140. Then i looked at Payless and ended up getting 4 pairs for $55. Plus the ones at Payless have characters which my kids like. Not a direct comparison but just searching Zappos site it doesn't seem like they have the best selection or prices out there. Especially if your not picky about what the shoes look like or are willing to look for a bargin.

Edit:
Wow red for stating that from my experience you can find better deals at other online locations and that a VIP at Zappos isnt really worth your time unless you dont care about getting a deal on your shoes.

Thanks OP. I have the Amazon Prime membership and get too spoiled/used to the free overnight/2-day/Sat shipping so anyplace with these quick shipping perks are a big factor to where I shop.

Time to get some new shoes now!

Tpearson02 said:   FYI i just looked at getting some shoes for my kids for Christmas and 4 pairs of shoes was about $140. Then i looked at Payless and ended up getting 4 pairs for $55. Plus the ones at Payless have characters which my kids like. Not a direct comparison but just searching Zappos site it doesn't seem like they have the best selection or prices out there. Especially if your not picky about what the shoes look like or are willing to look for a bargin.

Edit:
Wow red for stating that from my experience you can find better deals at other online locations and that a VIP at Zappos isnt really worth your time unless you dont care about getting a deal on your shoes.

You can't be serious regarding Zappos selection. Do a search for girls athletic shoes and you are going to see close to 2000 results. If anything this is too much so you have to go in with a good idea of what you want. This is just the tip since Zappos also carries accessories and clothing. The selection is overwhelming so free shipping both ways allows you to try on a few pair and return what you don't like. This makes overnight shipping essential. If you are not concerned about designer names don't bother but that's not the point here. Savvy?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014