Error

The message you are trying to link to is not in this topic.

• 1 234518
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Nexus 4 $299 (8GB) | $349 (16GB) Live at 12:00pm PST Today

Nexus 4 will be available for purchase later today!
Order yours from Google Play starting today, November 27 at 12:00 noon PST (U.S. only).

Linky

Things to do (Thanks zklopman):
(1) set up a CC in Google Wallet in advance
(2) be sure you are logged in google wallet
(3) be on the page of the model you want to buy.
(4) purchase with google wallet
(5) Preferred Google Chrome (Safari will not work)

Once it's in your cart, keep hitting the tab button until "proceed" is selected, then hold enter for awhile..
Then you'll see a blue spinning circle, and a Google Wallet popup window opens for checkout, asking for billing address and shipping info.

Member Summary

nexus 4
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Got me excited for nothing, shows OOS for me.

wiredspider (Jan. 03, 2013 @ 8:50p) |

For those still waiting....
My order.
Order date: Nov 27, 2012 5:09 PM PST
Ship date: Jan 8, 2013
That's 6 weeks which was c... (more)

voodoomorph (Jan. 10, 2013 @ 9:33a) |

Back in stock

8GB ships by March 22, 2013

16GB ships by March 29, 2013

LongDongSilver (Mar. 21, 2013 @ 7:33p) |

play.google.com said: 8 GB Version - Ships in 8 - 9 weeks. Tax and shipping will be calculated at checkout.

16 GB Version - Ships in 4 - 5 weeks. Tax and shipping will be calculated at checkout.

***********Big Thanks to mkha *********************

Below trick works..
I got the below trick from other forum:
Once it's in your cart, keep hitting the tab button until "proceed" is selected, then hold enter for awhile..
Then you'll see a blue spinning circle, and a Google Wallet popup window opens for checkout, asking for billing address and shipping info.

Following is a math explanation for why this phone + a prepaid plan is really a FWF way for latest phones + service.

$349 + (Northern VA) tax 5% = $367.5 (I don't know how much the shipping is)
Str@ight T@lk unlimited everything -- $45*24 = $1080
For 24 months, total is 1447.5

Iphone 5 199 + 5% = $210
Voice $40; Text $20; Data (300 MB) $20. $80/month.
For 24 months, total is $2130.

For comparison, I have used the minimum possible in AT&T to be able to buy an iphone 5.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I hope I can get one this time. I waited all day the last time.

what is nexus 4? tablet? phone?

It is a smartphone. Probably the best smartphone you can buy today. Yes, better than the iPhone 5.

Is this the cost without a contract? Because that is pretty good. Does this phone work on ATT?

manwdaplan said:   Is this the cost without a contract? Because that is pretty good. Does this phone work on ATT?
Yes, no contract (hence the clamoring for people to buy it - the price is incredible). Also, it's pentaband, meaning it will work on 4G HSPA+ on any GSM carrier in the world (no LTE, but who needs it with 8mbps down).

Does anyone know if Google is ever going to release the Orb charger for this phone? I dont want to buy this and have them pull a Motorola on me and never release half the stuff that they promise they will.

Thanks.

I don't understand why the Mods insist that this deal is "expired" since the items show as out of stock now.

I wish it did LTE on Verizon then I would be all over this... $300 for an android smartphone WITHOUT a contract is a HOT deal, especially for those of us that want to keep our unlimited data plans.

MaxRC said:   I don't understand why the Mods insist that this deal is "expired" since the items show as out of stock now.

Yeah, It's not expired.... I hasn't started yet.

zoid99 said:   MaxRC said:   I don't understand why the Mods insist that this deal is "expired" since the items show as out of stock now.

Yeah, It's not expired.... I hasn't started yet.

It does have LTE but not Verizon's bands. It's odd that they chose no to include US LTE bands on a US phone.

Unlocked phones for a reasonable price are a very good deal. It helps those of us in perpetual 2 year contracts to end them.

This is a hot deal. Very few will be able to buy this phone. It will be sold out in minutes.

What's the best strategy to get one: go the Google Play at noon PST and press refresh a thousand times until the Buy button is available?

Hey there everybody, just to clarify what's going on here, I moved this to Expired because it was listed as OOS. However, since the deal isn't supposed to start until Noon PST, I've moved it back to HD for exposure.

Feel free to discuss the merits of this upcoming deal. The more detailed and supported the better. While doing so, please refrain from personal commentary. Thanks! And good luck!

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this being MSRP. The only way to get a Nexus 4 for $300/350(+shipping) is through Google. If you purchase anywhere else it's substantially more. LG has a "recommended retail price of 599"(~$776.40) according to this article. Google is either selling @ cost or maybe even a loss. If $300/350 were MSRP, we'd see that price reflected else where besides Google's Play store. So far that doesn't seem to be the case.

You won't find this for $300/350 off contract outside the Play store right now, and probably not any time soon.

This is a good deal because T-Mobile offers the same phone for $150 more off-contract.

$349 for an up-to-date off-contract smartphone like this is a great deal. Few up-to-date smartphones reach prices that low, and of those that do, most of them are Windows phones.

ShowMeDaMoney said:   It's a hot deal because 1) it is going to sell out and 2) you can sell it for a 20% markup on eBay in the coming days. MSRP has nothing to do with a hot deal, it is resale value and supply/demand. Are you full yet?

And it's a hot deal because there is a red "Hot" label on the title . Now for the countdown...

saltoricco said:   What's the best strategy to get one: go the Google Play at noon PST and press refresh a thousand times until the Buy button is available?

If it's anything like the last time, be there 30 minutes before noon because that's when they'll start.

Let me get this clear, it's a retail price & it's not in deal discussion ?? How is retail a hot price ??

ShowMeDaMoney said:   I wish it did LTE on Verizon then I would be all over this... $300 for an android smartphone WITHOUT a contract is a HOT deal, especially for those of us that want to keep our unlimited data plans.

Blame Verizon for that one.. They wanted to lock the phone down too much and block services like Google wallet so they can push their own wallet service. I can see T-Mobile getting VERY popular in the coming years. Also, band 4 LTE is unlockable on the Nexus 4, but only people in Canada can take advantage of it until T-Mobile rolls out it's LTE network.

Its past noon and its still showing out of stock

aamine said:   Its past noon and its still showing out of stockPacific Standard Time. 3 hours from now.

aamine said:   Its past noon and its still showing out of stock

Noon PST

ok thanks

But that is how you value a hot deal, no? How much it is worth on the open market. If you think getting it below MSRP is a hot deal, I have a website for you, it's called Amazon....it seems everything there is below MSRP. Have fun!

respdoc said:   ShowMeDaMoney said:   It's a hot deal because 1) it is going to sell out and 2) you can sell it for a 20% markup on eBay in the coming days. MSRP has nothing to do with a hot deal, it is resale value and supply/demand. Are you full yet?

No, sleazy reselling doesn't make it a hot deal. I bet though you'll be full with those chargebacks from the real scammers. Have Fun.

JeremyP said:   saltoricco said:   What's the best strategy to get one: go the Google Play at noon PST and press refresh a thousand times until the Buy button is available?
If it's anything like the last time, be there 30 minutes before noon because that's when they'll start.

other things to do:

(5) there are claims that last time access via chrome was much easier. I do not know if that is true, but it cannot harm.

this way, when you get the page, you will have minimal interaction and as few possible places as possible to be disconnected. I purchased last time and I did all of the above (including being there 25 minutes before .

ShowMeDaMoney said:   But that is how you value a hot deal, no? How much it is worth on the open market. If you think getting it below MSRP is a hot deal, I have a website for you, it's called Amazon....it seems everything there is below MSRP. Have fun!

Agree and so do most people posting to this thread. Happy the moderators cleaned up the trolls.

zklopman said:   JeremyP said:   saltoricco said:   What's the best strategy to get one: go the Google Play at noon PST and press refresh a thousand times until the Buy button is available?

other things to do:

(5) there are claims that last time access via chrome was much easier. I do not know if that is true, but it cannot harm.

this way, when you get the page, you will have minimal interaction and as few possible places as possible to be disconnected. I purchased last time and I did all of the above (including being there 25 minutes before .

Did you have to f5 like a mad man for 30min or did it refresh when it became live?

tomeaine said:   zklopman said:   JeremyP said:   saltoricco said:   What's the best strategy to get one: go the Google Play at noon PST and press refresh a thousand times until the Buy button is available?

other things to do:

Did you have to f5 like a mad man for 30min or did it refresh when it became live?

I did not have to refresh like mad - since I set up my google wallet 25 minutes before the expected time, when I got to #3 it was already available.

Well, I guessed I missed out on that. $299 for that phone is a deal. I want one. Even on eBay, you can't find a nicer phone for $299. Maybe SGS2 for @$300? I am T-Mobile btw.

So I am currently a Tmobile customer. If I get this phone will it work with tmoble? Can I just remove my sim chip from my current phone and then insert it into the N4 and it'll work just like that or wil I have to bring it into a Tmobile store to get it activated? I currently am using a MyTouch 4 g. Thank you.

Are there any order limit?

Order limit = 5. Phone will work with T-Mobile.

no CashBack for google store, right ?

VBMcGB said:   Hey there everybody, just to clarify what's going on here, I moved this to Expired because it was listed as OOS. However, since the deal isn't supposed to start until Noon PST, I've moved it back to HD for exposure.

Feel free to discuss the merits of this upcoming deal. The more detailed and supported the better. While doing so, please refrain from personal commentary. Thanks! And good luck!

You mean no flaming the moderator?

RockLegend said:   Order limit = 5. Phone will work with T-Mobile.

they should limited 1 per order

SantaLink said:   Are there any order limit?

I bought 2 8GB units the last time around. This is what it shows for me today for the 8GB version:

Thank you for your previous order. You have reached the limit for this item.

polishdreamer said:   Let me get this clear, it's a retail price & it's not in deal discussion ?? How is retail a hot price ??

Its priced lower than the market price would be if this were an auction, which is why there is more demand than supply. Therefore it is a hot deal at the current price. It is also a hot deal to buy immediately as the phones begin depreciating post-release and therefore you would get the most utility out of the phone by upgrading to using it now.

Skipping 668 Messages...
Back in stock

8GB ships by March 22, 2013

16GB ships by March 29, 2013

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014