• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

This contest has ended

Congratulations to blindedfreak for winning the 8 1/2 carat 'Rose de France' Amethyst Pendant with Diamonds in Sterling Silver

You can now find the winning item on sale for $59 with 8% Cash Back through this deal

Thanks to Jazrie and Jewelry.com for sponsoring the contest, and for going beyond their promise by offering exclusive FatWallet member pricing on all of the finalist items! ...as well as a few coupons for a few other popular items listed further down this thread

You can find deals for all of the finalists on the landing page for the deal linked above

Jewelry.com
Need a Jewelry.com coupon that earns 7.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thank you soooo much for all the votes and particapation everyone! I am so excited and truely appriciate the people who ... (more)

blindedfreak (Nov. 29, 2012 @ 4:21p) |

How YOU DOIN?

qcumber98 (Nov. 29, 2012 @ 8:23p) |

Oh WOW! I got this in the mail ALREADY! And I have to say, it is absolutely gorgeous! If you need a gift idea for a woma... (more)

blindedfreak (Dec. 01, 2012 @ 1:33a) |

Staff Summary
  • Jewelry.com Coupons:
    SEPT20
    20% off and Free shipping on any order (expires 10/1/14 2:00am)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Hi, I'm confused because it said the finalists were the ones with the most green. Earrings posted by Jacie are not on the list.. and the one I was hoping to vote for - the tanzanite ring posted by MikeGroovy. I don't even see 2 of the above posted in the initial thread but I could very well just be blinded

The ring I posted isn't here and I'm sure it was in the top 5.

What does one get by voting here? /rhetorical

1ct Diamond Ring in Sterling Silver
Disclaimer
suezyque said:   The ring I posted isn't here and I'm sure it was in the top 5.It was definitely in the top 5 for votes; however, the item had the low inventory warning... now down to one piece remaining

gizmo said:   Hi, I'm confused because it said the finalists were the ones with the most green. Earrings posted by Jacie are not on the list.. and the one I was hoping to vote for - the tanzanite ring posted by MikeGroovy. I don't even see 2 of the above posted in the initial thread but I could very well just be blinded They were all posted

There were 6 items with 3 votes at the close of the voting, and 3 among those were chosen by random drawing to fill the remaining spots per the contest rules.

Here are the nominating posts:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1235028/m17347912/#m17...
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1235028/m17348286/#m17...
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1235028/m17348651/#m17...
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1235028/m17349163/#m17...
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1235028/m17350235/#m17...

aaahh.. randomness, and yes I figured I was being blind The ring posted by MikeGroovy had 4 votes -- plus 1 red which is not supposed to count (can you tell I'd like that ring lol)

I don't know how to link to that specific post but it was on the first page

Solipsist said:   suezyque said:   The ring I posted isn't here and I'm sure it was in the top 5.It was definitely in the top 5 for votes; however, the item had the low inventory warning... now down to one piece remaining

My posting made it so popular that its almost sold out! I think that deserves an award!

All of them are super pretty but I like the one I picked (ROSE DE FRANCE amethyst necklace) the best! Winning this would take some of the sting out of not getting it from a handsom boyfriend this year =P Happy Holidays everyone!

suezyque said:   Solipsist said:   suezyque said:   The ring I posted isn't here and I'm sure it was in the top 5.It was definitely in the top 5 for votes; however, the item had the low inventory warning... now down to one piece remaining

My posting made it so popular that its almost sold out! I think that deserves an award!
Haha, I know they didn't sell any through links in this thread (not sure about whether or not anyone got one through the Cash Back page). I did just IM you offering a reward anyway... but unfortunately it isn't that diamond ring

Solipsist said:   suezyque said:   Solipsist said:   suezyque said:   The ring I posted isn't here and I'm sure it was in the top 5.It was definitely in the top 5 for votes; however, the item had the low inventory warning... now down to one piece remaining

Haha, I know they didn't sell any through links in this thread (not sure about whether or not anyone got one through the Cash Back page). I did just IM you offering a reward anyway.Text.. but unfortunately it isn't that diamond ring

how cool is that? you are sweet Solipsist

...now go vote for my pearl and diamond ring *meow!*

gizmo said:   Hi, I'm confused because it said the finalists were the ones with the most green. Earrings posted by Jacie are not on the list.. and the one I was hoping to vote for - the tanzanite ring posted by MikeGroovy. I don't even see 2 of the above posted in the initial thread but I could very well just be blinded

What a load of CR@P regarding the "random" selections.

Solipsist (Staff)
Troll
They were all posted
There were 6 items with 3 votes at the close of the voting, and 3 among those were chosen by random drawing to fill the remaining spots per the contest rules.

What do you mean "remaining spots?" Two spots should have been filled by Suezyque and myself.

This is what the original rules read:

Finalist Selection: Finalists will be selected based on the highest number of positive(“green”) votes for each entry. Negative (“red”) votes will not be counted. In the event of a tie, entries with the highest number of positive votes will be selected by randomdrawing until the remaining finalist positions are filled. Initial voting round begins when the first item is nominated, and ends 11/26/2012, 11:59PM CST

Nothing personal to the people that are in the finals either.
I am reminded when things like this happen, how happy I am my mother taught me "life is not fair."

Solipsist said:   suezyque said:   The ring I posted isn't here and I'm sure it was in the top 5.It was definitely in the top 5 for votes; however, the item had the low inventory warning... now down to one piece remaining

Just checked my earrings and there is no "low inventory warning."

^ I get the randomness of the ones that were tied, but yours should have been in finals.... unless some of the greens were after the fact? who knows?1

( plus its just fun to give the mods a hard time once in a while me waving Hi)

My vote can be bought, JSYK.

How much? Bahahahaha. I really love those earrings! I'm so happy just to be a finalist! Never ever been a finalist before!

I entered this as well, but was disheartened when the rules were not followed, even the finalists that are posted did not follow the rules. The rules stated "Pick out an item with an original price of $299 or less". It did not say a sale price of $299.00 or less. How can you NOT follow the rules, but be a finalist?

There is only one in the top 5 that actually qualifies under the rules posted.

OwlyBird said:   There is only one in the top 5 that actually qualifies under the rules posted.

The listed "retail value" isn't actually the price Jewelry.com ever sells at - it's just a reference point. The rules as I interpreted them referred to an original "price" of $299 or less (ignoring whether it had been marked down to a "clearance" price), not the "retail value."

I would like a logical explanation. From the Big Boss.

JATL said:   I'm confused- Freebies or Powerball.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/11/27/powerball--...

Huh?

I am so glad that amethyst is such a gorgeous stone and yet so reasonably priced, good job to my parents for conceiving me at the right time so that it is my birthstone ;D

blindedfreak said:   I am so glad that amethyst is such a gorgeous stone and yet so reasonably priced, good job to my parents for conceiving me at the right time so that it is my birthstone ;D

DITTO!!!

suezyque said:   blindedfreak said:   I am so glad that amethyst is such a gorgeous stone and yet so reasonably priced, good job to my parents for conceiving me at the right time so that it is my birthstone ;D

DITTO!!!

DITTO 2

Jacie said:   gizmo said:   Hi, I'm confused because it said the finalists were the ones with the most green. Earrings posted by Jacie are not on the list.. and the one I was hoping to vote for - the tanzanite ring posted by MikeGroovy. I don't even see 2 of the above posted in the initial thread but I could very well just be blinded

What a load of CR@P regarding the "random" selections.

Solipsist (Staff)
Troll
They were all posted

What do you mean "remaining spots?" Two spots should have been filled by Suezyque and myself.

This is what the original rules read:# Post a link to your selected item, along with the name of the item, in a reply to this thread before the submission deadline

Finalist Selection: Finalists will be selected based on the highest number of positive(“green”) votes for each entry. Negative (“red”) votes will not be counted. In the event of a tie, entries with the highest number of positive votes will be selected by randomdrawing until the remaining finalist positions are filled. Initial voting round begins when the first item is nominated, and ends 11/26/2012, 11:59PM CST

I am reminded when things like this happen, how happy I am my mother taught me "life is not fair."
Since someone else mentioned it, it appears that one of the votes came on 11/27 - after the voting had ended; however, 6 would have still been enough votes to make it. My notes indicate that the name of the item was not posted.

Solipsist you must be laughing at us! I just voted since the tanzanite ring isn't going to show up as a finalist... and FYI the amethyst pendant is in the lead

my favorite is the ring and next would be the earrings. no offense, but i don't see the lure of gemstones set in sterling. i like sterling, but i like natural stones set in it.

i like the tanzanite pendant

Hi Folks,

Jon from Jewelry.com staff here. Some replies we're hoping you might like below...

suezyque said:   The ring I posted isn't here and I'm sure it was in the top 5.Solipsist said:   It was definitely in the top 5 for votes; however, the item had the low inventory warning... now down to one piece remainingsuezyque said:   My posting made it so popular that its almost sold out! I think that deserves an award!Jacie said:   gizmo said:   Hi, I'm confused because it said the finalists were the ones with the most green. Earrings posted by Jacie are not on the list.. and the one I was hoping to vote for - the tanzanite ring posted by MikeGroovy. I don't even see 2 of the above posted in the initial thread but I could very well just be blinded

Life isn't fair, suezyque but we sure try to be (Jewelry.com & Fatwallet, that is). We can't change the rules of the contest but it really really sucks to lose on a technicality, so look out for a PM with some love from Solipsist.

For our part, we're giving out some exclusive coupons on the items you guys nominated that came really close to making the cut. Not as good as actually winning, but hey- mebbe we get points in your book for a decent consolation prize?

1. suezyque's nomination:         1 ct Diamond Ring in Sterling Silver - Use coupon SUEZYQUE for 40% Off ($169.99 final price)
  2. MikeGroovy's nomination:    Tanzanite & 1/8 ct Diamond Ring in 10K White Gold - Use coupon MIKEGROOVY for 40% Off ($179.99 final price)
  3. Jacie's nomination:                 Diamond Circle Earrings in 10K White Gold - Use coupon JACIE for 36% Off ($129.99 final price)

If you guys have anything else you want us to make right, comments, complaints, suggestions... Don't hesitate. My job is making you guys happy.

Much love,

Jon from Jewelry.com

Hi Folks,
Jon from Jewelry.com staff here. Some replies we're hoping you might like below...

For our part, we're giving out some exclusive coupons on the items you guys nominated that came really close to making the cut. Not as good as actually winning, but hey- mebbe we get points in your book for a decent consolation prize? suezyque's nomination: 1 ct Diamond Ring in Sterling Silver - Use coupon SUEZYQUE for 40% Off ($169.99 final price) MikeGroovy's nomination: Tanzanite & 1/8 ct Diamond Ring in 10K White Gold - Use coupon MIKEGROOVY for 40% Off ($179.99 final price) Jacie's nomination: Diamond Circle Earrings in 10K White Gold - Use coupon JACIE for 36% Off ($129.99 final price)If you guys have anything else you want us to make right, comments, complaints, suggestions... Don't hesitate. My job is making you guys happy.Much love,Jon from Jewelry.com

Jon, what a class act!
I am impressed with your generosity.

Now I have to figure out how to afford these with Christmas coming up.

Thanks for your generosity Jon and thanks to Fatwallet and Solipsist for some FW Shwag!

I don't know what's more stunning, the jewelry or the whine.

Great contest! congrats to the winner

Congratulations BlindFreak.

Thank you soooo much for all the votes and particapation everyone! I am so excited and truely appriciate the people who thought I had good taste =D You all helped give me a wonderful early birthday present, thank you so much and happy holidays!!!! Sabrina

blindedfreak said:   Thank you soooo much for all the votes and particapation everyone! I am so excited and truely appriciate the people who thought I had good taste =D You all helped give me a wonderful early birthday present, thank you so much and happy holidays!!!! SabrinaHow YOU DOIN?

Oh WOW! I got this in the mail ALREADY! And I have to say, it is absolutely gorgeous! If you need a gift idea for a woman whose birthday is in February or just happens to like amethyst or purple, this is a great piece! The stone is even larger than I expected since I am used to gemstones being tiny if they cost less than $100. It reflects light and glitters just beautifully. OK, just wanted to let you all know and THANK YOU again!! Sabrina

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014