• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Signups are open again for Amazon Mom, which gives you 3 free months of Amazon prime(free 2 day shipping). After you sign up make sure you follow these steps so they don’t subscribe you after 3 months: Go to Your Account, Click Manage Prime Membership, Click Do Not Upgrade, then click Turn-Off Auto Upgrade -If you’ve had prime or Amazon mom before you can’t do this on an existing account and will need to open a new account

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mom/signup/

After you Sign Up (to prevent future $79 auto-upgrade charge):
1. Go to Your Account
2. Click Manage Prime Membership
3. Click Do Not Upgrade
4. Click Turn-Off Auto Upgrade

With Amazon Mom you get:
• 20% off diapers and wipes subscriptions
• FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items
• A Kindle book to borrow for FREE each month from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library ”

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

amazon (33.43kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Yeah I noticed they charged me this morning for prime (79) with another charge of 1 dollar. I really need to find a fre... (more)

litehazelbandit (Feb. 15, 2013 @ 10:02a) |

sharing a/prime will work for 20% on A/mom? any ideas

EuroCat (Mar. 29, 2013 @ 7:35p) |

Folks - I was directed to this thread from another. Very new to Amazon Mom, have a baby on the way in Nov 2013. Any ad... (more)

tajar96 (Apr. 02, 2013 @ 10:18p) |

• Also categorized in:

Thx OP -- Green Green Green! I went and checked on my Amazon Mom membership as I didn't realize they had switched it to auto-upgrade. Was set to auto-upgrade to Amazon Prime TOMORROW. Saved me a huge pain in getting that undone! Much thanks!!

Also note: You will also receive a one-time $10 credit towards any diaper purchase upon sign up. Expires 7 days after sign-up.

It appears you do not need to be female to sign up.

not valid if you had the promo before

skavoovie5 said:   Thx OP -- went and checked on my Amazon Mom membership as I didn't realize they had switched it to auto-upgrade. Was set to auto-upgrade to Amazon Prime TOMORROW. Saved me a huge pain in getting that undone! Much thanks!!

My thanks to both the OP and you. I just checked my account and mine was set to auto-upgrade today! Love Amazon Prime but not in the market to spend $79 this week.

Just signed up as dad. Went to turn off auto-renew, and it says I'm good until 11/28/2013. Unless that's a system glitch, I just got 1 year free Prime, not 3 months. BTW, I already did a free Prime offer in Q1 of 2012.

Note that there are no limitations on the new account you create to qualify for another Amazon Mom membership.

You can use the same name, address, telephone number, credit card -- no limitations. All you need is a different email address. Sign up for a new GMail account and forward all mail from that one to your normal email address to make tracking purchases effortless after the initial sign up.

labboypro said:   Just signed up as dad. Went to turn off auto-renew, and it says I'm good until 11/28/2013. Unless that's a system glitch, I just got 1 year free Prime, not 3 months. BTW, I already did a free Prime offer in Q1 of 2012.

You got very lucky. Wonder why they did that. Mine is set to expire Feb 28 2013 as advertised.

labboypro said:   Just signed up as dad. Went to turn off auto-renew, and it says I'm good until 11/28/2013. Unless that's a system glitch, I just got 1 year free Prime, not 3 months. BTW, I already did a free Prime offer in Q1 of 2012.
Are you sure you didn't do the PAID version. I clicked on link and was about to submit until it asked to confirm CC. Then backed up, and realized I saw nothing for 'free trial'.

I dont see anywhere where it mentions first three months are free?

sweet, thanks, just in time for some holiday shopping

lavamatrix18 said:   I dont see anywhere where it mentions first three months are free?

It does mention it on the entry page to join Amazon mom
don't worry, I just put in my credit card info and it didn't charge me
follow the instructions in the OP to disable auto renew and you will be fine

kenny1773 said:   lavamatrix18 said:   I dont see anywhere where it mentions first three months are free?

It does mention it on the entry page to join Amazon mom
don't worry, I just put in my credit card info and it didn't charge me
follow the instructions in the OP to disable auto renew and you will be fine

Thanks for the clarification!

dazviking said:   labboypro said:   Just signed up as dad. Went to turn off auto-renew, and it says I'm good until 11/28/2013. Unless that's a system glitch, I just got 1 year free Prime, not 3 months. BTW, I already did a free Prime offer in Q1 of 2012.
Are you sure you didn't do the PAID version. I clicked on link and was about to submit until it asked to confirm CC. Then backed up, and realized I saw nothing for 'free trial'.

I have had prime before and now that I signed up it shows an end date of a year from now....

I read the terms of the free trial and it mentions previous prime membership possibly disabling the 3 month trial....

I think I will contact customer service because it looks like they just put me down for regular prime membership.

Same here. Thanks op!

Yep they charged me the full $79 for normal prime due to my previous use of prime.

FYI if you sign up and it shows a full year of service then you didnt qualify for the free trial. Dont worry though if you hit cancel they will refund you the full amount, assuming that you didnt actually use the service first

I don't see anything about extended the trial a month at a time with $25+ purchases, I guess that is no longer the case?

Thanks OP! I signed up as a DAD.

FYI - This does not allow you to use the Prime Streaming Video service

Thanks!

thanks op!

Never mind. They charged my credit card. What the h@@@

interesting. will give it a try again

Same here for the 1 year Prime. Hopefully I didn't get charged $79 for it.

LongDongSilver said:   labboypro said:   Just signed up as dad. Went to turn off auto-renew, and it says I'm good until 11/28/2013. Unless that's a system glitch, I just got 1 year free Prime, not 3 months. BTW, I already did a free Prime offer in Q1 of 2012.

most likely you already had Amazon mom in the past and they are now charging you the $79, this happened to me when I tried to renew on an old account that had it even though it displayed the 3-month free trial, etc when signing up

Oh it charges you trust me. I am on hold waiting for Amazon to stop the charges

Does Amazon consider diapers as clothing for 6% Cash Back?

JiggleTheHandle said:   Does Amazon consider diapers as clothing for 6% Cash Back? Probably not. What a $h!tty deal.

arribasn said:   LongDongSilver said:   labboypro said:   Just signed up as dad. Went to turn off auto-renew, and it says I'm good until 11/28/2013. Unless that's a system glitch, I just got 1 year free Prime, not 3 months. BTW, I already did a free Prime offer in Q1 of 2012.

most likely you already had Amazon mom in the past and they are now charging you the $79, this happened to me when I tried to renew on an old account that had it even though it displayed the 3-month free trial, etc when signing up

I never had Amazon Mom before only Student Prime. How do I check if I got charged $79 before it's too late?

Oops! This promotion is for new Amazon Mom members only. Upgrade your Amazon Mom membership to enjoy the benefits below. 

couldn't have been easier. Nice work waterplank, you da man!

If you're not sure your existing Amazon account previously had Amazon Mom, best to just create a new Amazon account.

Got 3-months free Prime and checked pending charges on my CC. $1.00 pending (test) charge showed up. Not $79.00.

As the OP stated, if you have done Amazon Mom before, you have to create a new account (use all the same info, just has to be a different email address) to be able to get in on the deal. You also will receive a $10 one-time credit good towards purchase of any diapers, expires 7 days after sign up. The terms of Amazon Mom have changed -- they no longer extend your free membership based upon purchases. Used to be able to get a full year if you bought enough qualifying items. They also reduced the discount level, but it's still a great deal for the free shipping during Christmas shopping season!

Sounds like those who are being asked to confirm their CC are the ones that don't qualify due to use of previous promotions, and will need to create a new Amazon account real quick to get in on the deal.

skavoovie5 said:   
Also note: You will also receive a one-time $10 credit towards any diaper purchase upon sign up. Expires 7 days after sign-up.

I saw that too when I signed up, but when I try to buy diapers, there is no $10 credit. Is it a promo code I need to enter?

waterplank said:   

After you Sign Up (to prevent future $79 auto-upgrade charge):
1. Go to Your Account
2. Click Manage Prime Membership
3. Click Do Not Upgrade
4. Click Turn-Off Auto Upgrade

I don't see "do not upgrade" , but I do see "do not renew". Is that what you meant?

lobbybee said:   If you're not sure your existing Amazon account previously had Amazon Mom, best to just create a new Amazon account.

Got 3-months free Prime and checked pending charges on my CC. $1.00 pending (test) charge showed up. Not $79.00.

I see 2 pending Amazon Prime charges on my CC. One for $1 and another for $85.12. I haven't bought anything from Amazon.

lavamatrix18 said:   I dont see anywhere where it mentions first three months are free?
Same question I have.I got 1 year FREE from today

I just signed up, I wish I would have read this entire thread first, I didn't realize it excludes Amazon's streaming video, that's the only reason I signed up.

Thanks OP. I signed up for the free 3-month trial of Amazon Mom as a Dad and it is OK. I went and updated my account so I would not have automatic billing so after three months (February 27th) it will automatically be canceled.

Skipping 82 Messages...
Folks - I was directed to this thread from another. Very new to Amazon Mom, have a baby on the way in Nov 2013. Any advice on when to signup for this ?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014