• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Shipping is $29.95
Purchase the computer and a FREE 1 Year Kaspersky Internet Security (1-User) download will be automatically added at checkout.

Linky

Member Summary

Lenovo U410 Ultrabook
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Shitty screen resolution.

When are these monkeys at MSFT release a virus free OS? If 3rd party companies are writing antivirus software why can't microsoft integrate it in the OS? Company with hoards of cash can't form a security team?

king0fSpades said:   When are these monkeys at MSFT release a virus free OS? If 3rd party companies are writing antivirus software why can't microsoft integrate it in the OS? Company with hoards of cash can't form a security team?What century are you from? Ever heard of Microsoft Security Essentials?

a-max said:   Shitty screen resolution.

Seems to be the thing w most laps out now, even the ones w bluray players.

a-max said:   king0fSpades said:   When are these monkeys at MSFT release a virus free OS? If 3rd party companies are writing antivirus software why can't microsoft integrate it in the OS? Company with hoards of cash can't form a security team?What century are you from? Ever heard of Microsoft Security Essentials?
Why do I need to install it separately. Why not create a robust OS like Mac OS?

king0fSpades said:   a-max said:   king0fSpades said:   When are these monkeys at MSFT release a virus free OS? If 3rd party companies are writing antivirus software why can't microsoft integrate it in the OS? Company with hoards of cash can't form a security team?What century are you from? Ever heard of Microsoft Security Essentials?

Haha, robust and Mac OS in one sentence... Genius, in marketing anyway.

GWBush said:   king0fSpades said:   a-max said:   king0fSpades said:   When are these monkeys at MSFT release a virus free OS? If 3rd party companies are writing antivirus software why can't microsoft integrate it in the OS? Company with hoards of cash can't form a security team?What century are you from? Ever heard of Microsoft Security Essentials?

Haha, robust and Mac OS in one sentence... Genius, in marketing anyway.
Indeed, Apple makes a lot of money off people terrified of spending the roughly three minutes it takes to activate MSE.

king0fSpades said:   a-max said:   king0fSpades said:   When are these monkeys at MSFT release a virus free OS? If 3rd party companies are writing antivirus software why can't microsoft integrate it in the OS? Company with hoards of cash can't form a security team?What century are you from? Ever heard of Microsoft Security Essentials?

SERIOUSLY????
You REALLY think MacOS is "robust?????"
Mac fanboy's are TOTALLY CLUELESS.

a-max said:   king0fSpades said:   When are these monkeys at MSFT release a virus free OS? If 3rd party companies are writing antivirus software why can't microsoft integrate it in the OS? Company with hoards of cash can't form a security team?What century are you from? Ever heard of Microsoft Security Essentials?

And if you use Windows 8, it IS integrated into the OS.

Beware of this computer. Google Lenovo u410 wifi. This machine had, and possibly has, serious wifi connectivity issues. Lenovo maintains that the problem has been fixed for machines built after July 23, 2012, but come commentators say that is not the case.

Costco has the return policy which is little better and a 2 year warranty. Would that help for taking the risk on this Lenova? I am debating between this and the HP-pavillion-g6t for $699 (100 more, but you get MS-Office included). I like Lenovo for the SSD acceleration, which is not there in HP. But I am afraid about this comment and some bad reviews in Amazon about Lenovo's support.

Pretty good except
No touch screen
and no Gigabit ethernet (10/100M Ethernet only)

The Asus vivobook is probably better

Note that you can get red, blue or grey.

Sidebar said:   Beware of this computer. Google Lenovo u410 wifi. This machine had, and possibly has, serious wifi connectivity issues. Lenovo maintains that the problem has been fixed for machines built after July 23, 2012, but come commentators say that is not the case.

From what i see it looks like any u410 that was made after july 23rd should be alright, so this was an issue after they acknowledged it, but hopefully all of those are gone by now.

To the mac guy: The reason they don't include MSE is because of anti-competitive laws, they cannot even suggest that maybe you should download it or anything. Remember when the EU made them produce windows without windows media player? This would be even more of a scandal. The anti-virus companies have a history of winning lawsuits against Microsoft; in one case they actually won and Microsoft was forced to disable a feature that would have made their computers much more secure, but would have blocked low level access to everyone including anti-virus programs. Apple actively shuts out competition, but they are the "underdogs" and so it isn't anti-competitive.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014