• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Coby LED3DTV5586 55" Class LED 3D HDTV - 1080p, 1920 x 1080, 120Hz, 40000:1, 5ms, 3x HDMI, VGA, 2x 3D Glasses Included
LINK

3% FW CB = an additional $25 off!!

Shipping looks to be $49.

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Coby LED3DTV5586
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If that had net apps, I'd be all over it...

Well, this is more or less correct. The price is actually $799 with $100 rebate.

But note that shipping is NOT free. It came to $49 for me. Which effectively makes it the $749 in the title. The free shipping offer is only available for regular sized items. According to the terms, "Oversized orders that require delivery by truck do not qualify." Shipping is the same on all of their sites, including through Amazon. Also note, that they will only accept returns on defective TV's for replacement with the same TV. So, if it turns out to be a piece of crap, you're stuck with it.

On the plus side, TD has a bunch of CashBack offers, including 3% here and 6% through Bank of America. You can also get 4% FW back on their Circuit City and Comp Usa websites, with the same rebates. So, that at least partially makes up for the shipping.

If it hadn't been for the shipping cost, I'd have bought it. But I'm not sure I want to go over $700 for a potetitally mediocre TV with virtually no reviews online.

That said, can anyone recommend a better 55" 3D TV for a similar price?

Thanks, I updated the description. What I posted was true when I posted it. The terms changed.

Too bad! If shipping were free, I'd have taken the chance on it and bought it!

Well, for a 46" Coby 3D 120Hz normal cost around $500 and now on sales for $430 last week and $400 this week.
I cannot figure out how to justify 9 more inch for extra $400 or $300 after rebate.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014