• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
TaxAct Online is offering its Ultimate Bundle 2012 (which included federal and 1 state) for $11.90 for new account registrations. The discount is displayed after registration.

Once you complete a new registration, you will see:

"You have successfully created your TaxAct Online 2012 account...

Your TaxAct Fees - Special Preview Pricing
For Ultimate Bundle:
Your fee is $11.90 and includes your Federal and State return
Additional State returns are $14.95"

ETA: This also worked for me with my account from last year. If you already have an account, log in through "Continue Your Return" under Returning 2012 Users. You get the same confirmation message above. If you create a new account, you should be able to import your information from a previous account.

Print the confirmation screen, buy you should also get an e-mail confirmation as well. You are charged only when you print or e-file your completed return.

"The Final Version of TaxAct Online 2012 will be released around January 7, 2013. You will be able to e-file your return and check your e-file status at that time."

TaxAct
See TaxAct promo codes that earn 7.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

taxact (13.37kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Logo (2.08kB)
Thanks fivetalents
Disclaimer

Taxact (10.87kB)
Thanks Llilith
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

E-file federal free, copy a few lines to the state, do a little arithmetic, and pocket 11.90 less a stamp - after all, this is FW.

Hmmm... I did the "continue your return" and logged in with my existing username/password and I get this "For TaxAct Online Free Federal Edition, your Federal Return is FREE and the State Return fee is $14.95. Additional State Returns are $14.95."

Deleted

OP didn't make clear that it will read $17.95 on page, although he does say that amount will change after registration. I was successful in obtaining the $11.90 rate based upon account created and used for last several years.

GreenTrash said:   OP didn't make clear that it will read $17.95 on page, although he does say that amount will change after registration. I was successful in obtaining the $11.90 rate based upon account created and used for last several years.

So why the red if you got the deal?

GreenTrash said:   OP didn't make clear that it will read $17.95 on page, although he does say that amount will change after registration. I was successful in obtaining the $11.90 rate based upon account created and used for last several years.

When I logged back in today, the account was ready to start entering current tax year data. I have looked all over the site and cannot see what they will charge me when I actually file. Can you point me to where I can find that info? Thanks. I have also gotten the $11.90 deal for the last couple years.

depreshun said:   GreenTrash said:   OP didn't make clear that it will read $17.95 on page, although he does say that amount will change after registration. I was successful in obtaining the $11.90 rate based upon account created and used for last several years.

When I logged back in today, the account was ready to start entering current tax year data. I have looked all over the site and cannot see what they will charge me when I actually file. Can you point me to where I can find that info? Thanks. I have also gotten the $11.90 deal for the last couple years.

From what you posted earlier, it doesn't appear to have worked for your current account. You can log in and check: "My TaxAct" --> "My TaxAct Fees." Your current locked in rate will appear under "TaxAct Online Ultimate Bundle Edition." If the fee listed is higher than $11.90, you may need to create a new account to get the $11.90 rate, then import previous filing data from your other account. HTH.

I created a new account after I clicked your link and looked under "my TaxAct fees" and the only fee it shows is "Your Federal Return fee is $9.95". I thought Federal was free it shows nothing for the state and that isn't free.

it's showing me as regular price $13.95

deleted

Expired for previous year account holders? 17.95 for ultimate bundle now

skepticShopper said:   Expired for previous year account holders? 17.95 for ultimate bundle now

same here, I was able to get ultimate bundle for 11.90 for the last 4 years, but it looks like this year I will have to pay 17.95

Just got the "ultimate bundle" using the FW store link for $11.90. Have been using TaxAct for a number of years now.

I was able to use this deal and am a previous user of Tax Act (multi year user). Once you are successfully logged in you will get a message like this:

"You have successfully created your TaxAct Online 2012 account

Your TaxAct Fees
For TaxAct Online Ultimate, your fee is $11.90 and includes your Federal and State Return. Additional State Returns are $14.95. For more information, see "My TaxAct" within TaxAct Online....".

So your Fed and one State return are $11.90. If you do any additional returns then there are additional fees.

As some others have mentioned, you only get charged or prompted to be charged if you print, use any of the schedules or advanced features.

Used existing account, and did not see 11.90. I only see 14.95 to purchase state.

Then when trying to efile state, TaxAct asked for $7.95 to efile. I am a little disappointed. I thought $14.95 would include the state efile.

$0 - download TaxAct Federal, with FREE efile included.
$14.95 buy state software to install.
$7.95 Buy state efile

$22.90 - total to file for State return.

Just want to let anyone doing the same.

samsum13 said:   Used existing account, and did not see 11.90. I only see 14.95 to purchase state.

Then when trying to efile state, TaxAct asked for $7.95 to efile. I am a little disappointed. I thought $14.95 would include the state efile.

$0 - download TaxAct Federal, with FREE efile included.
$14.95 buy state software to install.
$7.95 Buy state efile

$22.90 - total to file for State return.

Just want to let anyone doing the same.
I think that is for download, the deal here I think is for online version.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014