• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Give your mouth quick and easy total care with Philips Sonicare Rechargeable Airfloss. If flossing isnt a regular part of your oral care routine, the Philips Sonicare AirFloss can give you an easy, effective way to clean between your teeth.

LINKY

Member Summary

Philips Sonicare Rechargeable Airfloss HX8111/02
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Anyone use this, how does it compare to regular floss on effectiveness?

i heard it is not as good as other brand
2cheap2eat said:   Anyone use this, how does it compare to regular floss on effectiveness?

Really not good - just a shot of air and can't remove much build-up. Does not work as well as regular floss.I'd rather use a plastic flosser than this.

2cheap2eat said:   Anyone use this, how does it compare to regular floss on effectiveness? Poorly. I don't think it does anything useful at all. I'm a sucker for anything that might let me avoid flossing, and this is the most useless of useless gimmicks I ever paid good money for.

Sadly, there's not much alternative for old-fashioned flossing, but there are some tools that might make it easier and they're cheap.

For regular floss, I think the flat-tape type of floss is easier and more comfortable than regular string floss.

Floss-on-a-stick products like the Reach flossers or floss picks are easy to use and also make it easier to get to the teeth in the back.

Also, there are a multitude of small picks and mini-brushes in different sizes that may be easier to insert between closely-spaced or uneven teeth. They range from very soft to more rigid. The very soft ones sometimes won't go in between very closely-spaced teeth. Of these mini-sticks, right now, I have in my arsenal:

1. G-U-M Go-Betweens in the smallest size, very soft brush.
2. Paro Brush-stick, rigid but too large to go between very closely spaced teeth (I think this is a European product, might not be available in the States).
3. Dentek Scrub-Betweens, rigid and small enough to insert in tight spaces.
4. OpalPix, fairly rigid, it's like a plastic toothpick. Gets into tight spaces.
5. Bryton Pick, which is a paper-thin file-type pick made of foil. Kind of like inserting silver foil between your teeth. It's a bit of an alarming idea but works well if you use it carefully, in front of a mirror, and it can get through the tightest spaces.

Most of these are available in very similar form from different manufacturers, at any supermarket or drug_store, and cost under 10 bucks.

Obviously, I gained all this knowledge from experience. I am prone to dental problems and prevention is cheaper than root canal. My routine starts with power tools - Sonicare brush, followed by a Waterpik. But as I have learned through painful trial and error, they aren't substitutes for flossing. I always use two or three of the various flossing tools I have, I figure that way all my teeth will get covered one way or another.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014