• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I have not seen it posted or advertised. AT&T is now offering a $100 reward card for U-verse Gateway. Just pick a service and add to cart:

You will see "Gateway $100 Reward Card for New HSI" in your invoice.

Even the cheapest 3Mbps service at $19.95 offers the rebate. You get additional $5 discount if you have landline or wireless with them.

http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/?shopFilterId=500001

I would print every check out screen to make sure the Reward Card is there. The good thing of signing up online is there is paper trail. AT&T is down right evil with billing.

BJs
See BJs promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

at&t
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
YMMV! They vehemently stiffed me w/ this garbage add on and the rep tried to argue with me about how it's a gov't mandat... (more)

hakujin (Feb. 07, 2013 @ 1:47p) |

Activation fee is not shown in my check out invoice. If your "One-time charges total" is not showing the activation fee,... (more)

kickerstarter (Feb. 07, 2013 @ 2:07p) |

neither was it on my checkout fees page (despite their catch all disclaimer), and the primary basis of my contention; th... (more)

hakujin (Feb. 07, 2013 @ 2:12p) |

• Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › AT&T
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

generally they still require a very pricey install fee;

U-verse Internet

AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet Elite $43.00
$18.05 off for 12 months with 1 year term. -$18.05
Internet Subtotal $24.95
One-Time Charges
Internet Installation Fee
What's this? $149.00
2Wire : 3600HGV Internet Gateway
What's this? $100.00
Gateway $100 Reward Card for New HSI $0.00
One Time Charges Total $249.00
Order Summary
Monthly Charges Total** $24.95
One-Time Charge $249.00
Learn more about charg

I have previously installed U-Verse TV so I can select self-install (free). They are also offering a $100 rebate for signing U-Verse TV. The downside is that you don't own the gateway and have to return it. My advice is order their TV, wait until you get the rebate and cancel. Then sign up for internet if the gateway rebate is still available.

Make sure you ask about a $49 activation fee too. They be sneaky.

There is no activation fee for signing up HSI online. At least not on my invoice. If you sign up U-Verse TV (only) with U-family or above, they also waive the $149 installation fee and $49 activation.

Also, there is FW CB of $22.50. I don't know why BJ is showing up in the summary. Maybe that's what the staff was thinking of buying.

kickerstarter said:   There is no activation fee for signing up HSI online. At least not on my invoice. If you sign up U-Verse TV (only) with U-family or above, they also waive the $150 installation fee and $49 activation.
but signing up for both services bumps up the internet price $15-20/month

They charge you a $6 rental fee too. But they also offer an additional $200 rebate for a total of $300. That should cover your first 2 months. I just don't know how soon you can sign up again after cancellation.

You still have to pay at least their activation fee.
As well I'm not sure if some other fees may apply.
I have AT&T land-line phone.
When I signed up advertised price were about twice less then price in a bill because of fees, taxes, etc.

kickerstarter said:   They charge you a $6 rental fee too. But they also offer an additional $200 rebate for a total of $300. That should cover your first 2 months. I just don't know how soon you can sign up again after cancellation.
I previously had U-verse and they still wouldn't budge on the $150 install fee for internet

If you're still on DSL, do nothing. AT&T will eventually want to get you off of DSL when it becomes too expensive to support you. When they realized I was too expensive of a customer, AT&T simply bumped up my service to Uverse with a $24/mo 6M service w/ 1 yr contract, free install and activation and a free 2Wire wireless router/modem. This just happened 2 months ago. BTW, Uverse had been in my neighborhood for over 2 years-no taxes on the equipment and no rebates to deal with.

Not so, I live in Chicago and have been trying to transition to Uverse Internet for the larger data cap. They will not let me do this under any circumstance. They said, unless I order the TV service, I simply cannot get plain old Internet or Phone and Internet.

And unfortunately while Uverse Internet is available, Uverse TV + Internet isn't available in my part of Chicago. So they don't want you off of DSL unless you're willing to buy, or able to buy the TV service too. Makes sense as the charge for DSL is the same as Uverse and the data cap is less.

The CSR even told me, I kid you not, I should try Comcast. ATT is really getting away from land service and going all wireless

ericnew4 said:   The CSR even told me, I kid you not, I should try Comcast. ATT is really getting away from land service and going all wireless

There was an article on dslreports.com , about AT&T wanting to get rid of their DSL customers. I guess it's true.

Personally, I think that's a pretty F'ed up way to do business. Getting rid of profitable customers, just because they're not MORE profitable, is crazy.

with ebates offering 20, i may finally jump on board, as much as I loathe that garbage wireless gateway they force down my throat. no setup install fees. mine reads a bit different from arribasn. I see Gateway $100 Reward Card for New HSI as 0 (seems an oxymoron; why would they mention it?); one time fee of 100. do i get rebate sent later?

hakujin said:   with ebates offering 20, i may finally jump on board, as much as I loathe that garbage wireless gateway they force down my throat. no setup install fees. mine reads a bit different from arribasn. I see Gateway $100 Reward Card for New HSI as 0 (seems an oxymoron; why would they mention it?); one time fee of 100. do i get rebate sent later?

I chatted with an online CSR, confirmed that I can get the $100 reward if I order online. You may do the chat too.

Why not go through FW? There is a $22.50 CB.

don't forget extra $10 for eco bill!

I received my first bill and there is no activation fees. However, I have to pay CA sales tax on the $100 Gateway.

Can I get the promo pricing as a customer who currently has ATT DSL?

I don't see why not. DSL and uVerse are not the same service. But then, you will likely won't be able to switch back to DSL once you installed uVerse.

fewsilly said:   Can I get the promo pricing as a customer who currently has ATT DSL?

I did - just order online. Don't forget to go through FW CashBack and get $22.50 for signing up!

My $100 rebate card for the gateway is already up for redemption. Just enter the U-verse acct # at https://rewardcenter.att.com/

Plus a $25 FW CB and $10 eco bill credit and most importantly a contract in writing and no billing error!

They couldn't even figure my address out, and we have two choices for internet here, Comcast and Entouch. Not impressed, AT&T.

Does FW CB conflict with Refer-A-Friend or the $200 promo card? I'm going to set up new TV+internet service is Kansas. I don't have someone to act as my referrer yet, but obviously I want to get Cash Back all three ways if they don't void each other.

please dont laugh but we still have AT&T Dial up at 56K questions what hardware do we need and can we both use simultaneously ............ however slow dial up is we are logged in (one of us) 24/7 and it NEVER fails us HELP I think this may be an option so do we do this Comcast or Dishnetwork (we only want internet as hubby loves Dishnetwork grrr)

AT&T isn't even selling DSL in my area anymore. It's not an option. If you want to make changes to your account, like say, upgrading your speed, they will switch you over to uverse. If I was a dsl customer I think I'd stay with dsl for as long as I could due to the crippled gateway they provide. You HAVE TO buy their gateway, they will not activate a used or otherwise procured one.

I have internet only through uverse. They don't offer tv in my area. I'm on the cheap plan and service is spotty. Speeds are slow and sometimes the link to the co goes down. The motorola gateway nvg510 is crippled by at&ts firmware. There are problems with it's DNS Cache that times out and buggers things up. You can't change the dhcp settings to use alternate dns servers which would fix this stupid problem. The best you can do is either configure each device manually or setup a second router to do the dhcp.

AFAIK, AT&T will allow you to use a used Gateway provided it used to be running on their network. So in case you are signing up again and they make you buy a new gateway without the rebate, you can use your old one and return the new one and get refund.

I am using the VDSL U-Verse so I have not experienced the issue you described. But it can easily be solved by adding a second router and make it the DMZ. Oh, you can even root your NVG510.

BargainHunter57 said:   please dont laugh but we still have AT&T Dial up at 56K questions what hardware do we need and can we both use simultaneously ............ however slow dial up is we are logged in (one of us) 24/7 and it NEVER fails us HELP I think this may be an option so do we do this Comcast or Dishnetwork (we only want internet as hubby loves Dishnetwork grrr)

I don't understand how you can be logged in 24/7? Basically, you pay for the dial-up *and* you have a dedicated phone line for the dial-up? That's a lot of money!

What you need is a computer with Ethernet port or Wi-Fi (wireless). The gateway they force you to buy supports both Ethernet and Wi-Fi out of the box. But judging by you guys still using dial-up, I would say get someone to help you setup.

cancelled due to lousy speeds and crappy gateway; and went through hell with CSRs who reneged on refund and tried to stiff me w/ activation fee; one letter to corp and special letter is all it took and they wiped my acct clean.

I'd never buy ATT again, even if they were the last resort; would either tether my phone or go w/o. upload speeds on U-Verse are a joke, the moto routers are buggy as all hell in bridge mode; again, THEY SECRETLY stiff you w/ an activation of $50 and don't even advertise it in the checkout (AFAICT in the fine print, it quite literally should only apply to U-Verse TV receiver customers, and I would be willing to arbitrate it if it came to that).

Back on Comcrap now. Way better speeds, cheaper price, and I can use my own cheap DOCSIS 2 modem and preferred Netgear router. When the promo price is up again; will close acct for a day and switch back into my name (from spouse).

kickerstarter said:   There is no activation fee for signing up HSI online. At least not on my invoice.

YMMV! They vehemently stiffed me w/ this garbage add on and the rep tried to argue with me about how it's a gov't mandate (it's not) and her hands were tied. F--k ATT.

Activation fee is not shown in my check out invoice. If your "One-time charges total" is not showing the activation fee, you should not be paying the activation fee. I know I won't.

neither was it on my checkout fees page (despite their catch all disclaimer), and the primary basis of my contention; though if you read the disclaimer for uverse (linked in checkout) there is mention of this ambiguous fee (See: http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/offer-details.jsp); but then if you look at uverse legal terms on a separate sub-domain, it's slightly less ambiguous and applies to u-verse tv receivers. See: http://uverseonline.att.net/uverse/legal-details

as i sad though, I didn't pay crap; I quit the service because it's slower, the gateway sucks, and waiting 20 min everytime you call to speak with a complete dumba$$ isn't fun (This doesn't happen with comcrap; I can usually get a slightly more informed person on the phone in less than 5 minutes); this was just the icing when they attempted to stiff me with the fee (in addition to the router they'd already received a return on); i simply emailed uverse (email found online) and the person who responded wiped my account of any charges, inc. prorated 5 days; then the follow up on the phone from the ATT HQ Dallas letter I wrote. I figured he 15 min to spit that letter/email combo out was far less aggravating (or time consuming) then calling their idiotic customer service a 2nd time on the issue.

good bye and good riddance, don't pay this fee anyone!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014