• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hello, I hope you are doing well.

As with previous years, restaurant.com is running their Feed It Forward promotion, where you can give $10 to friends, family members, or even yourself (by using alternate e-mail addresses).

Please copy and paste the following link (I cannot link it directly; let me know if it's possible to do so):
http://www.feeditforward.restaurant.com/

About Feed It Forward:
restaurant.com brings you its fifth annual free annual giving program that has seen more than $55 million in local dining experiences given! You love dining. You have friends who need holiday gifts. We bring these things together for you for free. Give codes for $10 restaurant.com eGift Cards to dozens of your friends at no cost. Free to give, free to receive. Feed It Forward!

Personal Note:
I have used Feed It Forward for the last couple years, so I'll be happy to answer questions. Please post a reply here instead of sending me a private message unless the message is truly private. For now, I've added an FAQ to this thread's Quick Summary.

Enjoy!
Vic

Restaurant.com
See Restaurant.com coupons that earn Up to 15.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Feed It Forward promotion
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

Restaurant
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Just as another data point: sent my mom a certificate today and she got it right away. In our case there are multiple r... (more)

idfubar (Dec. 18, 2012 @ 11:01p) |

4 people to get the bill up to only $35. Are you serious?

peepsiemom (Jan. 20, 2013 @ 4:22p) |

Absolutely; for restaurants in the The East Bay Area (near Oakland, CA) $35 (excluding tax and tip) is going to be a fou... (more)

idfubar (Jan. 21, 2013 @ 10:17a) |

FAQ created by mastavic

Question: How does Feed It Forward work?
Answer: Feed It Forward is a dedicated giving website through which restaurant.com enables individuals to spread joy through the gift of giving up to 100 FREE $10 restaurant.com eGift Cards per day during the holiday season.

Givers enter their name and email address, as well as the names and email addresses of each person they wish to give to - as many as 100 different people every single day during the program. Participants also can import their email addresses or select from Facebook friends for easier giving.

Givers can personalize their eGift Card before sending to their recipients via email, or to Facebook friends via Facebook wall post. Individuals who receive a gift then can Feed It Forward and help others who love food by joining in the giving themselves.

Main program elements include:
$40 million in total restaurant.com eGift Card value available for giving
$10 value restaurant.com eGift Cards will be given away
Givers can give up to 100 FREE $10 eGift Cards per day

Question: How long does the program last?
Answer: People nationwide have the opportunity to give FREE eGift Cards away while the quantity lasts. Feed It Forward 2012 giving ends on January 1, 2013 at 11:59PM PST.

Question: How do I give Feed It Forward eGift Cards?
Answer: Visit www.restaurant.com/feeditforward to give FREE eGift Cards. Create or log into, your restaurant.com account or use your Facebook account to start giving. You can give via email, or Facebook. To give via email, just enter the email address of each person you wish to give to - up to 100 different people every single day or import email addresses from select email providers for easier giving. To give via Facebook, you will be able to select each Facebook friend individually. You can personalize their eGift Cards before sending to recipients via email or Facebook wall post.

Question: How many FREE eGift Cards am I allowed to give?
Answer: The program allows you to spread the joy to as many as 100 different people per day, regardless of the method you use to give. You can reach your daily 100 in any combination you like: for example, you can give to 50 friends via Facebook and another 50 via email, all through the giving site, but you cannot exceed a total of 100 gifts per day. Your giving total will be updated on your personal leader board regardless of the method you use. You can only give to each recipient once during the duration of the program.

Question: How are eGift Cards redeemed?
Answer: You can reach the Feed It Forward redemption site to redeem your $10 restaurant.com eGift Card in one of two ways. The first is to click on the link within the notification email or wall post you received. Or, you can go directly to the Feed It Forward homepage www.restaurant.com/feeditforward and click on "Redeem Gift." Both options will require you to type in the certificate code for your $10 restaurant.com eGift Card, which will then register a $10 credit in your shopping cart. Search through our national database of participating restaurants to select a favorite restaurant or try a new place and print out your restaurant gift certificate instantly. When you are ready to dine at the restaurant you selected, simply present the restaurant-specific gift certificate to your server upon arrival at the restaurant.

Question: Does my eGift Card expire?
Answer: There is no expiration date on the $10 restaurant.com eGift Card that you receive during Feed It Forward or on the restaurant-specific gift certificate you get when you redeem the $10 eGift Card credit on www.redeem.restaurant.com/feeditforward. For more information, please read the terms and conditions included with every restaurant-specific Gift Certificate.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Site isn't as good as used to be...with higher min purchase requirements, and auto 18%, which I don't have a problem with, except some of the places are like pizza take out places and want tip, though the exception. But thanks.

Seemed to work.

I bought gift cards from restaurant.com last year. $4 for a $25 card, I think. The gift cards came in the mail and worked perfectly. (Just to be clear, "certificates" might have different rules.)

Thanks, OP, and green. Blessings and Happy Holidays to All!

I entered some email addresses over an hour ago and still have not received any emails. Anybody else having this problem?

Yes.

harvesting info and emails--no thanks

fatmeister said:   harvesting info and emails--no thanks
restaurant.com is a reputable site, so I would not worry about this.

"might"? I'll ask straight and to the point: are there restaurants in Lake Buena Vista, FL or on I-Drive Orlando, FL where $10 giftcards would work differently than $25 certificates? Unless this question is answered directly and precisely - there is no way to really know if $10 giftcards or $25 certificates or other-denomination certificates are REALLY a great deal. So if anyone can show total math - that's the ONLY acceptable answer.
P.S. I'll explain why I'm so categorical. I'm taking large group to Orlando during Xmas week. On I-drive, one can pick-up $3.99 large pizza (pardon, $4.25 including tax) in 5min without any certificate. Can pick up as many as you want at that price. Obviously, if one goes to pizza restaurant.com place for about an hour, with $25 certificates bought for $4 or with $10 giftcards - what will one spend on pizzas considering the minimums required and the 18% gratuity on gross? If you know great restaurant.com deal in the area, it doesn't have to be pizza, of course
Gauss44 said:   Seemed to work.

I bought gift cards from restaurant.com last year. $4 for a $25 card, I think. The gift cards came in the mail and worked perfectly. (Just to be clear, "certificates" might have different rules.)

I have used these for years. The $10 OFF $20 are not as good a deal for feeding a family but for one or 2 people they are a healthy discount off a generally $20 minimum bill.

To redeem the egift card, do you have to have a restaurants.com account? Also does the goggle email trick work? Thanks OP.

Site is swamped. Pages won't load.

I finally got my certificates. It took about 16 hours for them to come through.

SinglePapa said:   are there restaurants in Lake Buena Vista, FL or on I-Drive Orlando, FL where $10 giftcards would work differently than $25 certificates?
A gift card only works on the site to buy certs. So in the end you're bringing a cert with you to a restaurant, not a gift card/voucher.

SinglePapa said:   
what will one spend on pizzas considering the minimums required and the 18% gratuity on gross? If you know great restaurant.com deal in the area, it doesn't have to be pizza, of course

Are you asking us to go through every restaurant in those areas and compare them to your pizza place to see if it's a good deal for YOU? LMAO Yeah, right.

Hello! I just heard about the feed it forward program, but I live in Canada...do you know if there is anything like that available here? I'm assuming that that particular program is only for the United States...

Hi I already sent and received my feed it foward but it will only let me purchase from restaurant.com web page... When I tried to sign in to the mobile app it doesn't say I have any credit? Which is weird and on the website it gives you $10 for $10 and on the mobile I was trying to do the $25 for my $10 credit?

no thanks

poor restaurant selection
high minimum purchase
forced to pay 18% tip even when the service sucks

When I moved to Ventura in 2006, R.com come had a very limited selection. Over the last 6 years the number of restaurants increase greatly and the number of specials at the site (up to 90% off) was very frequent. I noticed earlier this year that many restaurants dropped out a the number that join is reduced. Specials are seldom offered.

Also sometimes Dinner only, no weekends, not valid on alcohol beverages, etc. At the end it's just like free appetizer if you factor the math when the price for the GC is $4 worth $25. Can't beat free, though - thanks OP.

JaxFL said:   Site isn't as good as used to be...with higher min purchase requirements, and auto 18%, which I don't have a problem with, except some of the places are like pizza take out places and want tip, though the exception. But thanks.

Does anyone know if you can use 2 certificates for one dinner if it meets 2 minimums?

Kev

Just called: Only one certificate per restaurant per 30 days!

@CRKev: This is also by discretion of the restaurant owner. My Pizza place around the corner doesnīt mind even though I come weekly with a Voucher.
Just ask them nicely.

PS: According to the T&Cīs you cannot send more than one FIF-Voucher to each person. Maybe that should be corrected in the OP.

Dont get the site. Always giving me invalid password error when it's correct. If I log in using FB, it's nothing after I log in. WTF.

i got the code, but not planning to use it - 1014807377.

This topic has been aired many times on many sites. Everyone who uses RED to squash the important questions does dis-service to FW membership who would like to get to the bottom of restaurant.com . "Free is free", getting "something off your bill" is not very poignant. There is no FREE from restaurant.com, this system suckers one into member restaurants with high minimum spending and mandatory 18% on gross (i.e. before any deduction). Besides, investigating a deal for the sake of one certificate has too high of time-value cost. So I'm trying to see whether someone has used member-restaurant in Orlando, before I include that restaurant on my short-list for a large group that I'm bringing Xmas week

to Single Papa, you have probably spent more "time=money" posting messages about a "free $10 egift card" that you don't know if you should take advantage of or not. If you don't like the deal, don't get it. Stop posting whining comments and get your "cheap pizza" when you go to FL for Christmas. I'm glad I'm not in your group, would hate to spend Christmas with someone who tries to over analyze and price compare a "free $10 offer" before going out to dinner.

to Single Papa, you have probably spent more "time=money" posting messages about a "free $10 egift card" that you don't know if you should take advantage of or not. If you don't like the deal, don't get it. Stop posting whining comments and get your "cheap pizza" when you go to FL for Christmas. I'm glad I'm not in your group, would hate to spend Christmas with someone who tries to over analyze and price compare a "free $10 offer" before going out to dinner.

SinglePapa said:   This topic has been aired many times on many sites. Everyone who uses RED to squash the important questions does dis-service to FW membership who would like to get to the bottom of restaurant.com . "Free is free", getting "something off your bill" is not very poignant. There is no FREE from restaurant.com, this system suckers one into member restaurants with high minimum spending and mandatory 18% on gross (i.e. before any deduction). Besides, investigating a deal for the sake of one certificate has too high of time-value cost. So I'm trying to see whether someone has used member-restaurant in Orlando, before I include that restaurant on my short-list for a large group that I'm bringing Xmas week

Would you agree that the offers are of value if you are already planning to dine at a participating restaurant and paying without a coupon/voucher/discount/etc.? In such a sense the site can be of value if you want to try a new place (e.g. I live in a suburb of SF and meet a friend in the city for lunch and we try a restaurant neither of us has been to near his office)...

PS: On balance it doesn't *have* to be a bad deal (especially if you're not paying for the certificate, or paying $1/$2); once you work out the math (minimum spending plus 15%, say on a $10 for $20 minimum, works out to $13+certificate+tax for $20 of food) it's not *that* bad (especially if the place you are going doesn't normally offer discounts or requires a purchase to receive a discount); the value tends to be greater with a larger group (as the minimum is more easily met, e.g. $25 for $35 minimum works out to ~$15+certificate+tax for $35 of food)...

PPS: I also agree that arguing the merits of the service *every time* a deal is posted about only makes so much sense; the other threads can be referenced and, in this case, the OP is posting about free certificates and not something which you have to buy. The biggest detraction (IMHO) is what Higbee mentioned (i.e. restaurant participation and certificate availability).

a destructive trend in Hot Deals is focus on OP, on posters, and NOT ANALYSING deals thoroughly. This forum is not Channel 1 newscast. OPs should always be applauded for their effort to post - but no deal should stop right there. In 90% of topics, contributions inside the topic make or break the initial idea. It's like on clothing: there is %off sale, and there is a coupon or giftcard, and each by themselves "save you money" - but only the stackable deals are of real value. Same here: a new member who just made a personal comment is doing dis-service to pro deal hunters. It's certainly NOT me who doesn't care enough for the deal - it's members like him that don't care enough. I care enough to put together DOZENS of certificates; and that's why my pre-selection is so thorough. Those whose only contribution is to spill RED on other members instead of proper analysis of the substance - are skin deep. No idea why they're FW participants, they might just as well troll anywhere else on the internet.

To address my I-drive Orlando point: without isolating particular great restaurant.com deal over there, one may end up wasting time and money with "free" certificate. restaurant.com may be free to obtain - but is NEVER free to use

Hmmm....
My colleagues are waiting for two days now for the Coupons I sent them. None has arrived yet. Anybody else has the same problem?

btw, to address a minor point: we're now observing FW effect. So many readers rushed in on +20 green deal (hack, I was one of the first to give green), that it may be taking time to fill the offer.

Fact is: "feed it forward" is $10 only certificate, while the year-round offer is a $25 certificate! (often offered for $2)

So those who jump only because "free is free", will get a free crtificate - but how likely are they to use it, if a $25 certificate is available? (bearing in mind, again, that only receiving it is free. Using it costs substantial amount, due to ea. restaurant's rules)

So discussion of ea. individual restaurant found is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than the initial OP subject matter

@SinglePapa - Bang on the target.

I had two unused $25 restaurant.com gift certificates, which I gave away in another thread and $10 in this thread. It is NOT free to use. I do have two unused $50 gift certificates. PM me if any one is interested.

Site is indicating a $15 minimum order for me - is anyone else seeing this? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

SinglePapa said:   ...

So those who jump only because "free is free", will get a free crtificate - but how likely are they to use it, if a $25 certificate is available? (bearing in mind, again, that only receiving it is free. Using it costs substantial amount, due to ea. restaurant's rules)

So discussion of ea. individual restaurant found is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than the initial OP subject matter

its very useful to me because there are restaurants nearby that do have $10 restaurant.com certs available. there's one in particular that i go to frequently and have used $10 restaurant.com certs there for 2-3 years.

to each his own.

Let me clarify that: my cart, in which I have selected my free $10 gift cert, indicates that I have to purchase a minimum of $15 to complete the transaction. I am not referring to the $15 minimum order at the restaurant when using the cert.

stoerm said:   Let me clarify that: my cart, in which I have selected my free $10 gift cert, indicates that I have to purchase a minimum of $15 to complete the transaction. I am not referring to the $15 minimum order at the restaurant when using the cert.
I think it's just showing you the fine print of the certificate, just to make sure you are aware of its terms.

Silly me. Thanks!

mastavic said:   stoerm said:   Let me clarify that: my cart, in which I have selected my free $10 gift cert, indicates that I have to purchase a minimum of $15 to complete the transaction. I am not referring to the $15 minimum order at the restaurant when using the cert.
I think it's just showing you the fine print of the certificate, just to make sure you are aware of its terms.

stoerm said:   Silly me. Thanks!

mastavic said:   stoerm said:   Let me clarify that: my cart, in which I have selected my free $10 gift cert, indicates that I have to purchase a minimum of $15 to complete the transaction. I am not referring to the $15 minimum order at the restaurant when using the cert.

I'm glad that was all it is!

Happy to help,
Vic

Wow, between this and the delivery.com deal, fatwallet members will be eating good for the holidays. Now I just need a deal on a gym membership to lose all the weight Im gonna gain!

what's delivery.com live link, please?

Skipping 15 Messages...
peepsiemom said:   4 people to get the bill up to only $35. Are you serious?

Absolutely; for restaurants in the The East Bay Area (near Oakland, CA) $35 (excluding tax and tip) is going to be a four-person meal. The local pizzeria charges $20-$25 for a pie that will feed four (no salad & no drinks) and a sit-down meal at an ethnic restaurant is going to be $7-$9 per person on balance (no drinks)...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.