• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only

Some restaurants offer $15 minimum with no 18% tips. If you go there with 2 persons (average of $7.50 a meal - for example Italian or a grill restaurant) you pay $2.50 each. Even with 18% tips it comes out to only $3.85 each.
I think thatīs a pretty good deal!
If you go for a $20 minimum including 18% tip itīs $6.80 for each person.
The best value is the $15 minimum.
BTW: If I donīt reach the minimum amount I usually stock up with a bottle of coke, sprite or so.

optical said:   Dont get the site. Always giving me invalid password error when it's correct. If I log in using FB, it's nothing after I log in. WTF.

Same here, invalid password error (but I know it isn't wrong combo). But I can login to restaurant.com on the same computer without issue. Any ideas?

ETA - Now I get this error:
Ooops!No Network Connection
Please verify your network connection and try again.

Yes, the gmail trick (I assume you mean adding a "." in multiple places in your email address) works. Can't send the egift card to yourself, but you can if you use the dot trick.

jjp72 said:   Yes, the gmail trick (I assume you mean adding a "." in multiple places in your email address) works. Can't send the egift card to yourself, but you can if you use the dot trick.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

LOL!

excellent report! Now, any Orlando I-drive or Lake Buena Vista offer $15min or no 18%?

marctritter said:   Some restaurants offer $15 minimum with no 18% tips. If you go there with 2 persons (average of $7.50 a meal - for example Italian or a grill restaurant) you pay $2.50 each. Even with 18% tips it comes out to only $3.85 each.
I think thatīs a pretty good deal!
If you go for a $20 minimum including 18% tip itīs $6.80 for each person.
The best value is the $15 minimum.
BTW: If I donīt reach the minimum amount I usually stock up with a bottle of coke, sprite or so.

Sir, why don't you investigate that YOURSELF? I believe it has already been pointed out but if you spent simply a fraction of the time you spend berating and derailing this fine thread on actually figuring out an appropriate use of the 10$ GC wherever you fancy then you would have reached your answer already. - E

Not sure what all the hate is for... Each restaurant offers its own terms for the deal. For those looking to find new places to try, this is a great way to do it. For those that see a favorite place listed they already like, this is a great way to save a few bucks. For those who value their time over money, move along - you've already spent too much time reading this message to be worthwhile.

alas, there is hate for progressive thinking. A few posters prefer to derail discussion, simply labeling it "over-complicating".

1. $25 certificates are available for 0, $2 or max.$4 ALL THE TIME - which is better than a $10 certificate nearly all the time.
2. GETTING certificate is free. USING it is NEVER free; thus discussion of WHERE to use certificates trumps the topic of how to get certificate.
3. Using certificate on one trip to a local restaurant is a small deal. Investigating whether restaurant.com CURRENTLY has member-restaurants offering REAL savings in hot tourist destination (like 100-million-visitor Orlando) is a big deal, especially if there are ways of making it suitable to a group.

Example: couple of seasons ago, there WAS a restaurant DOWNTOWN DISNEY offering restaurant.com; if anyone has experience with this destination - kindly tell me!! I'm not targeting $10 savings, I have a group and number of days IN DISNEY that might make hundreds of dollars difference over the Xmas break and Spring Break

Where are there 25$ certificates for free? Quit your ranting/raving/strawmanning and specific EXACTLY where one can get 25$ certificates FOR FREE. - E

fatmeister said:   harvesting info and emails--no thanks

You are 100% correct sir.

Green for you OP

SinglePapa said:   btw, to address a minor point: we're now observing FW effect. So many readers rushed in on +20 green deal (hack, I was one of the first to give green), that it may be taking time to fill the offer.

Fact is: "feed it forward" is $10 only certificate, while the year-round offer is a $25 certificate! (often offered for $2)

So those who jump only because "free is free", will get a free crtificate - but how likely are they to use it, if a $25 certificate is available? (bearing in mind, again, that only receiving it is free. Using it costs substantial amount, due to ea. restaurant's rules)

So discussion of ea. individual restaurant found is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than the initial OP subject matter

Just as another data point: sent my mom a certificate today and she got it right away. In our case there are multiple restaurants offering $10 certificates in the area so it works out to be a good deal for two people (the threshold for the $10 in our area is $20 with no minimum gratuity); the $25 (even at $2) are a bit more involved as the minimum is usually $35 with 18% gratuity (for us that means a larger party, like 4 or 5 people and the circumstances I previously mentioned)...

4 people to get the bill up to only $35. Are you serious?

peepsiemom said:   4 people to get the bill up to only $35. Are you serious?

Absolutely; for restaurants in the The East Bay Area (near Oakland, CA) $35 (excluding tax and tip) is going to be a four-person meal. The local pizzeria charges $20-$25 for a pie that will feed four (no salad & no drinks) and a sit-down meal at an ethnic restaurant is going to be $7-$9 per person on balance (no drinks)...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.