• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I don't know if many of you know, but The Hobbit was shot in 3d. Right now, pretty much 90% of the tickets being sold are for a 3D viewing(whether in IMAX or not). Since the movie will most likely be over 2.5 hours, I get headaches when watching 3d with those flat lensed glasses you get in theaters.

I found the following two deals for 3D glasses you can use in theaters(hopefully):

$150 - Made by Oakley (more for Nerds and Collectors)
http://www.oakley.com/products/7091

$19 - Visual World Vantage 3D Glass, Light Blue (Free Shipping if you have Amazon Prime)
http://www.amazon.com/Visual-World-Vantage-Light-Blue/dp/B0057K9...

Where can I use my Visual World 3D glasses?
Visual World 3D glasses are compatible with 3D passive TV's, including LG, Vizio, Mitsubishi, Toshiba and Philip's. They are not active shutter glasses but instead are flicker free, no batteries required, and less expensive. Visual World glasses can also be used for 94% of all movie theaters in the country (RealD and Master Image). Visual World glasses are truly universal.

If you know a better place to post this, please move it. Right now, I know the Hobbit is coming out, so I wanted to keep this forum topic for deals on 3D glasses that work in the Movie Theater. Please post any you find. Thanks!

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Oakley
See Oakley promo codes that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Glasses
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Hopefully buying these will combat against the fact that I typically get headaches with the flat 3d lenses you get at the movies.

*NOTE: "These glasses will not work in theaters that use DOLBY 3D"

Thanks javaman

You know what will work with Dolby 3D?

I sent an e-mail to Visual World Products, to get an exact listing of what is supported, and what is not.

yep...their definitely had to have been a better place to post this...probably not even on FW at all. just saying

cnvrtble98 said:   yep...their definitely had to have been a better place to post this...probably not even on FW at all. just saying

I have seen far, FAR worse "deals" posted here. Also "just sayin'".

The framerate they shot the movie in is supposed to help with eye fatigue. So it may not affect you after all.

"HFR can also make the viewing experience more enjoyable by reducing eye-strain and fatigue"

High Frame Rate description

Thank you for this information. I have never seen a 3d movie, and have always been nervous about going. I will check out these glasses! Thank you!

Your welcome, neneriffic. Cnvrtble98 & ebbikenezer, I definitely thought that, it's just I couldn't find a guide to buying them, so why not give others the opportunity who are interested. But yeah I wouldn't classify this as a hot deal. I hope an admin moves it, I am still new to this whole posting on FW thing.

Why would you spend so much on these when they just give u the glasses free at the theater to watch the movie with? lolz

neneriffic said:    I have never seen a 3d movie, and have always been nervous about going. I will check out these glasses!

Since you're "nervous" about going (and might not go for a long time after..or never)..you might want to "check out" the free ones first.

I thought i posted the reason sorry, cuz I get headaches from the flat lenses.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014