• Go to page :
  • 1 2 34
  • Text Only
klapper said:   can I buy GC using TRU GC?

I've purchased other gift cards using both store credit and TRU gift card without issues.

Is there a limit on how many gift cards you can buy?

sflv said:   klapper said:   can I buy GC using TRU GC?

I've purchased other gift cards using both store credit and TRU gift card without issues.

Interesting, I'd be curious to know if this would work with the TRU $20 Groupon GC. Giving it to my brother anyway, but would be nice to know so I can tell him to buy me some Amazon Kindle GCs for *my* gift LOL

why are people so hung up on $2,000 macs? I would rather have 4 PC laptops for that price, and I'd always have the latest and greatest.

Be aware that some TRU have pulled their Amazon gift cards from the shelves several months ago. I have no idea if it's individual store or regional.

quick, someone research which new credit card welcome bonus offer would make this even sweeter

CheaporBust said:   quick, someone research which new credit card welcome bonus offer would make this even sweeter

I plan on buying TRU gift card with my Blue cash 6% at Smith's grocery + their 4% bonus promo going on till Dec 11th making this a 20% off deal.

sflv said:   CheaporBust said:   quick, someone research which new credit card welcome bonus offer would make this even sweeter

I plan on buying TRU gift card with my Blue cash 6% at Smith's grocery + their 4% bonus promo going on till Dec 11th making this a 20% off deal.

damn...that is a sweet deal. no smith's here in GA though.

edit: wait...smiths is the same as kroger? we have krogers all over the place. i see the 4x fuel points on gift cards, but where do you see the 6% blue cash?

edit 2: nvm, seems you are talking about blue cash preferred, right? $75 annual fee = no thanks

Guys -- don't forget the 5% CB on Citi credit cards for Q4 toy store purchases...

HotSalami said:   Guys -- don't forget the 5% CB on Citi credit cards for Q4 toy store purchases...

only for citi dividend cards

Albertsons in So California is having a promotion next week that includes Amazon gift cards. Purchase $100 in gift cards and receive a $20 off coupon good towards groceries. I unfortunately left the paperwork and will update tomorrow. Like 20% off Amazon prices, but have to spend the coupons at Albertsons. I think this starts December 5.

Update: It is only a $10 coupon good for your next purchase in groceries. Should have read a little closer.

My local store is open on Saturday until 1 am (effectively Sunday ) and reopens sunday at 7am.
Should they honor it at midnight ? Or should I go in the morning ?
Thanks !

Wow. This is huge. I think ill buy 30 to 40 thousand in gc. On the 2nd

Wow. This is huge. I think ill buy 30 to 40 thousand in gc. On the 2nd

What is the direct link for the T-Mobile GC?

Is this instore only or online too

Just FYI, this will be planning for BF 2013. chase just emailed me the freedom rewards for 2013, Amazon will be on the 5% Cash Back list for oct to dec. I think up to $1500 in total purchase.

This is great for existing card holder and great for anyone that does not have a chase freedom card. Usually chase runs $300 back if you spend $500 in the first 3 months, so you guys can open the card, get that as well. I just got $10 credit each from gopago for my iPhone and 2 iPads being a chase card holder.

itshuman said:   My local store is open on Saturday until 1 am (effectively Sunday ) and reopens sunday at 7am.
Should they honor it at midnight ? Or should I go in the morning ?
Thanks !
A few minutes after midnight should be good. To be safe, and to ensure their system has updated, you might want to do a price-check on a different item that is supposed to go on sale.

BrianGa said:   Jeromeg1 said:   Actually Critten, I was thinking of doing the same thing. Macbook pro retina is $2111 right now on Amazon. With these gift cards could bring the price down close to $1900
Don't forget you will miss out on any extended warranted your cc would have given you. May be worth it still, but something to keep in mind.

But couldn't you spend $1500 with gift cards and final $500 with AMEX?

wwprn said:   A dumb question: If I want to use Kindle GC to purchase anything like a digital camera, do I must have a Amazon Kindle at first?
Yep. Not only that, but just for you, the GC is further limited to purchasing books on how to read.

OP said: The most notable is the Amazon Kindle gift card, that can be used to purchase anything on Amazon.

Stopped yesterday to get the lay of the land. My TRS had no Amazon GCs. I hope that changes tomorrow but I have my doubts.

If you use T-Mobile prepaid another option if you have a local meijer store and meijer CC is to buy them there when they run there 15% off general merchandise promotions throughout the year. The 15% works on there prepaid phone cards. The promotion is running today 12/1

lok214 said:   Just FYI, this will be planning for BF 2013. chase just emailed me the freedom rewards for 2013, Amazon will be on the 5% Cash Back list for oct to dec. I think up to $1500 in total purchase.

This is great for existing card holder and great for anyone that does not have a chase freedom card. Usually chase runs $300 back if you spend $500 in the first 3 months, so you guys can open the card, get that as well. I just got $10 credit each from gopago for my iPhone and 2 iPads being a chase card holder.

But if you're using Amazon gift cards then you aren't getting the 5% back on that amount. Then on the amount beyond your gift card that you'd get the 5% on it's really no different than if you hadn't bought the gift card for that portion.

Hi,

Thanks, OP. Great timing. Just what I needed. My current Gold Rewards balance in tmo expire this week.

OP's pic of the flyer in photobucket shows a $50 T-Mobile refill card. Is that the only value on sale? I am looking to get a $5 refill just to re-up my balance under Gold Rewards for another year. Does TRU carrry $5 or $10 refill to do that?

Thanks,
gard

Just stopped by my toys r us and didn't see any Amazon gift cards

There was the AT&T and tmobile ones though

No Amazon in Atlanta on Cumberland or in Kennesaw. Boo.

my TRU had a few Amazon cards but nothing really worth while.

I asked the maanger if he could get some more and call around and see who had some, none near us had any and he seemed to blow me off about ordering more,

for now seems like a poorly implemented special on TRU part.

CheaporBust said:   sflv said:   CheaporBust said:   quick, someone research which new credit card welcome bonus offer would make this even sweeter

edit: wait...smiths is the same as kroger? we have krogers all over the place. i see the 4x fuel points on gift cards, but where do you see the 6% blue cash?

edit 2: nvm, seems you are talking about blue cash preferred, right? $75 annual fee = no thanks

$13,000 Cash Back savings on blue cash preferred so far in 2012 = yes please

I'm confused about the sales tax issue, since if I get charged sales tax, it practically wipes out the 10% discount from Amazon. I looked it up on Amazon.com and found this:

Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the following states are subject to tax:
California
Kansas
Kentucky
New York
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Texas
Washington
No sales tax is charged when purchasing gift cards; however, purchases paid for with gift cards may be subject to tax.

So...I'm not in one of the states above, so it sounds like I won't be charged tax. But...the last line says that purchasing with gift cards may be subject to tax. So..."may be subject".....what does this depend on? Anyone know?
Thanks

If you live in those states, you get charged sales tax by Amazon. Not toys r us.

CheaporBust said:   sflv said:   CheaporBust said:   quick, someone research which new credit card welcome bonus offer would make this even sweeter

There is a cap of $6000 spending for new sign-ups after Nov 1st. It's a killer card even with the annual fee because you can direct all your spending through a grocery store, even buying Visa gift cards which after activation fee nets you 4.8%. Nice replacement for my AARP 5% card.

Something tells me this is going to be like Black Friday... the stores are only going to have a few cards each, which crushes our dreams of buying stacks of them!

gard said:   Hi,

Thanks, OP. Great timing. Just what I needed. My current Gold Rewards balance in tmo expire this week.

OP's pic of the flyer in photobucket shows a $50 T-Mobile refill card. Is that the only value on sale? I am looking to get a $5 refill just to re-up my balance under Gold Rewards for another year. Does TRU carrry $5 or $10 refill to do that?

Thanks,
gard

I've bought $10 ones at TRU, never seen $5 cards at TRU or other places.

wiredspider said:   gard said:   Hi,

Thanks,
gard

I've bought $10 ones at TRU, never seen $5 cards at TRU or other places.

I suspect you haven't seen them because $5 refill cards don't exist for T-Mobile USA.

mtpat said:   I'm confused about the sales tax issue, since if I get charged sales tax, it practically wipes out the 10% discount from Amazon. I looked it up on Amazon.com and found this:

Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the following states are subject to tax:
California
Kansas
Kentucky
New York
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Texas
Washington
No sales tax is charged when purchasing gift cards; however, purchases paid for with gift cards may be subject to tax.

So...I'm not in one of the states above, so it sounds like I won't be charged tax. But...the last line says that purchasing with gift cards may be subject to tax. So..."may be subject".....what does this depend on? Anyone know?
Thanks

I've also purchased Amazon gift cards in states not on that list and was charged sales tax at the till at some stores (Kmart), but not others (CVS). I don't know why that is.

Looks like our only option is to get best buy and target to PM?

THis doesn't start until the morning. Bellevue, WA had no Amazon gift cards in stock and the employees said they had no idea which ones were included.

RainFall said:   Looks like our only option is to get best buy and target to PM?

Will BB actually do this price match? Seems YMMV, no?

Got to Toys r Us in Totowa NJ at opening today and not one Amazon Kindle GC in the store.

I went to my store last night at 12:30am (Buckhead Loop - Atlanta). They had a total of 7 $25 Kindle GC on 2 separate racks. The manager tried to ring them up, but they came up full price. He put them aside for me in his office. I went back at 7:30am and go them for 10% off. Fortunately, I had only bought $200 in TRU GC at Kroger (4x fuel points). .

The rest of the selection was pretty pathetic. I'll try later this week (the store is only 3 miles from my house) to see if they get more Kindle GC in stock

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.