• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
SanDisk Extreme Pro 32 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 95MB/s $63.95 with Free Shipping from:
B&H
Adorama

Adorama
See Adorama promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Buydigg wants $65.99, Amazon dropped their price to $68.31,beach camera is selling it for $69.99, Abe's of Maine is asking $70.95, Calumet Photo charges $73.99 and Newegg still wants $82.50, and the most ridiculous is SanDisk who is gouging $179.99...so this isn't exactly a give away, but a few dollars off is a few dollars off.

SPECS:
Quote :
Capacity 32 GB
Read / Write Speeds 95 MB/s Read and 90 MB/s Write Speeds
Class Rating UHS Class 1, SDHC Class 10
Compatibility All SDHC, UHS-I, and high speed bus interface supporting host devices
Applications Store various digital formats, including RAW and JPEG photos, Full HD videos, music and more
Security Built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
Temperature Operating: -13 - 185° F (-25 - 85° C)
Storage: -40 - 185° F (-40 - 85° C)
Dimensions 0.94 x 1.25 x 0.08" (2.4 x 3.2 x 0.2 cm)

The SanDisk 32 GB SDHC Memory Card Extreme Pro Class 10 UHS-I provides photographers and videographers with a high-speed SDHC memory card rated UHS Class 1 and SDHC Class 10, offering up to 95MB/s read and 90MB/s write speeds. This high-capacity card is specifically engineered for sustained RAW + JPEG burst shooting modes and fast-action Full HD video recording.

An advanced Error Correction Code engine offers better data integrity and card reliability during read and write. This memory card comes with downloadable RescuePRO data recovery downloadable software, good for one year of use. This software helps you restore accidentally-deleted images. The card is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.

SDHC memory card rated up to UHS Class 1 and SDHC Class 10, offering up to 95 MB/s read and 90 MB/s write speeds. Designed for sustained burst shooting modes in both RAW + JPEG format and HD video recording. Engineered with the Power Core Controller to deliver faster performance, distributing image data across the card more rapidly and efficiently. Controller's firmware provides greater endurance via wear leveling. Power Core Controller's advanced Error Correction Code (ECC) engine enables better overall data integrity and card reliability during read and write. Extreme durability: Built for and tested under harsh conditions, card is temperature-, water-, shock-, and x-ray-proof. 1-year subscription to RescuePRO data recovery software to help recover lost and accidentally deleted files. Backed by a lifetime limited warranty.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The Sandisk 64GB UHS-1 cards I bought from Amazon measure at 50 Read, 20 write, in the fastest adapter I have available (PCI express). I don't understand how these "extreme" UHS-1 cards achieve the speeds they quote with any camera or computer currently available...

the sandisk that were on sale during black friday are class 10 and UHS-1 as well but they only quoted 30MB/s for read. How could the same class SD cards have such a huge different in performance

You normally won't need these high speed cards unless you shoot with pro-DSLR cameras which can write bursts of Cache at 40-50 mbps.

And serious pro-DSLR owners use high speed CF cards which are faster than the SDHC cards anyway.

Amazon had the 64GB version for $94 about 2 weeks ago. Warm at best.

I shoot with a Nikon D800, and have both the Sandisk Extreme 45MB and the Extreme Pro 95MB, both 32GB.

Both cards were formatted on the D800 (FAT32), then reformatted in OSX to ExFAT.
Sandisk Extreme Pro 95MB - 72MB/s WRITE - 87.3MB/s READ
Sandisk Extreme 45MB - 41.2MB/s WRITE - 45.4MB/s READ

I found that if left in FAT32, the Extreme Pro will run these speeds
Sandisk Extreme Pro 95MB - 64.5MB/s WRITE - 89MB/s READ

Yes that is correct, almost a full 8MB faster when on ExFAT, although slower on the read.

So two questions should come up. The first is the card worth the extra $$ over the Extreme 45MB? I can't answer that for you, but hopefully my numbers will help you decide if that works for you.
The second is whether you should buy a 32GB or 64GB. 32GB will be SDHC and FAT32. 64GB will be SDXC and ExFAT. SDXC is a newer standard so it won't work on all devices, but the ExFAT is faster on WRITE then FAT32. Also note that ExFAT can have files larger than 4GB. Not sure if this means bigger video files, but who knows.

My advice, put in a Price Tracker for the Extreme Pro 64GB http://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B007NDL54C
You can see that it hit $94 on November 5, which is $30 more than this deal for twice the space.

I decided on keeping the 64GB and selling my 2 x 32GB Extreme Pro cards.

getafix said:   You normally won't need these high speed cards unless you shoot with pro-DSLR cameras which can write bursts of Cache at 40-50 mbps.
And serious pro-DSLR owners use high speed CF cards which are faster than the SDHC cards anyway.
I shoot a D800 with an Extreme Pro 95MB SD and an Extreme Pro 90MB CF Card. So in my case, the CF card is slower. I used to shoot with a D3s (D3 and D700) and racked up quite a bit of CF Cards. When the D800 came out, I sold all my CF Cards and bought an Extreme Pro CF. Then bought several SD Cards, 3 Extreme PRO and 5 Extreme. I find the convenience of shooting with SD outweighs the CF speed (if faster).
As most computers now have an SD Card slot, very convenient. I use them as Flash Drives to transfer files. While my CF Reader is USB2, the internal SD on my MacBook is PCIe, so much faster.
Video is a good reason to get a faster card, and faster cards tend to have better RAM chips in them, so they should outperform in the log run. Google some horror stories on cheap cards and losing pics, and you decide for yourself.

Oh, and if you are shooting JPG, don't bother with an Extreme PRO. That's a waste. If you shoot RAW then you already know which card to get.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014