• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

iphone 5
Disclaimer
Unlocked iPhone 5 16GB for $649 + free shipping, 32GB for $749, more

The Apple store link now offers the Unlocked Apple iPhone 5 16GB Smartphone for GSM Networks in Black (pictured) or White for $649 with free shipping. (Click "Buy Now", choose a color and a model, then select "Or get iPhone unlocked and contract-free" at the bottom of the page.) Although we saw our first unlocked iPhone 5 deal on Cyber Monday (for $10 less), it's the first time we've seen it available direct from Apple. Sales tax is added where applicable. It features an Apple A6 processor, 326-ppi (pixel per inch) Retina 4" display running at 640x1136, front- and rear-facing cameras, 8-megapixel camera with LED flash, 1080p video capture at 30 fps, 802.11n dual-band wireless networking, 1GB RAM, dual microphones, and more. Limit two per customer.

Of note, the unlocked versions of the Apple iPhone 5 32GB for GSM and the Apple iPhone 5 64GB for GSM are available in Black or White for $749 and $849, respectively. All models qualify for free shipping and are scheduled to ship in one week.

Apple Store
See Apple Store coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Unlocked iPhone 5 16GB
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You could've bought unlocked phones off contract with verizon and att since it was released. "geniuses" at apple denied it, but i bought 2 for my wife and my cousin last month off contract, went home and activated with itunes and it shows that your phone has been unlocked. Now they make it official since the supply is more available prolly for xmas time

Plus any iPhone can be unlocked now just buy the service off eBay for under $5, both of our AT&T iphone 5 are unlocked.

And how is this a good deal?

Got 2 phones unlocked for $4.22 total. So needless to say....retail is not a good deal.

qube said:   Got 2 phones unlocked for $4.22 total. So needless to say....retail is not a good deal.Tell us how you did this. Be sure to include any cost of any inflated cell contact that you neglected to mention in your post.

ptnguyen863 said:   Plus any iPhone can be unlocked now just buy the service off eBay for under $5, both of our AT&T iphone 5 are unlocked.

And how is this a good deal?

Ditto!

buy unlocked Iphone 5, bring it to T-Mobile, get a pre-paid $50.00/ month. or go to Simple mobile, $40.00/ month, Straight Talk $45.00/ month.

sun2000 said:   buy unlocked Iphone 5, bring it to T-Mobile, get a pre-paid $50.00/ month. or go to Simple mobile, $40.00/ month, Straight Talk $45.00/ month.

LTE data? Unlimited LTE/Data withOUT any throttle?

Thanks in advance?

ntpphong1 said:   You could've bought unlocked phones off contract with verizon and att since it was released. "geniuses" at apple denied it, but i bought 2 for my wife and my cousin last month off contract, went home and activated with itunes and it shows that your phone has been unlocked. Now they make it official since the supply is more available prolly for xmas time

Yes and no. The Verizon phone would work with T-Mobile or ATT out of the box, but the ATT wouldn't work with T-Mobile (locked). So for T-Mobile users who are happy with the low bring-your-own-phone plans who are also lucky to be living in an area where the network has been refarmed to use ATT 3G bands, this is helpful.

marayatano said:   sun2000 said:   buy unlocked Iphone 5, bring it to T-Mobile, get a pre-paid $50.00/ month. or go to Simple mobile, $40.00/ month, Straight Talk $45.00/ month.

LTE data? Unlimited LTE/Data withOUT any throttle?

Thanks in advance?

3GB or 5GB cap on data to counter that...yeah, I get that most people in the US are used to paying through the nose monthly over two years just to have that $200 initial price tag on the phone, but it's not the only way, and usually more expensive in the long run. For some people LTE isn't worth the hundreds in savings over a 2 year contract with ATT.

T-Mobile was *supposed* to have refarmed its whole network by year-end so all recent ATT phones on T-Mobile's network would get HSPA+ speeds (iPhone 4S up, lumia 920, etc). But for now, it's just a few markets, so not a wise purchase for most.

ntpphong1 said:   You could've bought unlocked phones off contract with verizon and att since it was released. "geniuses" at apple denied it, but i bought 2 for my wife and my cousin last month off contract, went home and activated with itunes and it shows that your phone has been unlocked. Now they make it official since the supply is more available prolly for xmas time

A Verizon phone that has been unlocked is different from a factory unlocked phone that's unaffiliated with a carrier. The factory unlocked phone is compatible with AT&T LTE frequencies (not that it's useful yet since no MVNO offers LTE, but it may be in the future), plus it has a different network profile that affects voicemail, tethering, and APN settings.

How does Verizon model work with T-Mobile ??

DoingTheHappyDance said:   ntpphong1 said:   You could've bought unlocked phones off contract with verizon and att since it was released. "geniuses" at apple denied it, but i bought 2 for my wife and my cousin last month off contract, went home and activated with itunes and it shows that your phone has been unlocked. Now they make it official since the supply is more available prolly for xmas time

Yes and no. The Verizon phone would work with T-Mobile or ATT out of the box, but the ATT wouldn't work with T-Mobile (locked). So for T-Mobile users who are happy with the low bring-your-own-phone plans who are also lucky to be living in an area where the network has been refarmed to use ATT 3G bands, this is helpful.

How does Verizon model work with T-Mobile ?? Cdma with gsm ?

The Verizon model has GSM radios in it that come unlocked.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014