• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link to Amazon item

There is $10 Off a $50 Black & Decker Purchase.

Amazon price is $60, but I found it for $57 under "My Quick Picks" (bottom page of Goldbox or Today's Deals"

Powerful 18-volt motor
Innovative clamping jaws grab and cut in one easy motion
Cuts branches and logs up to four inches in diameter
Six inch bar length; weighs 7.9 pounds
limited 2-year warranty; includes 18-volt battery, battery charger, and oil bottle

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Black & Decker Cordless Chain Saw
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks, DC.

I couldn't find the $57 price but suspect that is keyed to some customer history algorithm with Amazon.

I have owned both this battery powered Gator and the AC powered one for several years (as well as several gas powered saws) and this is one handy little gadget to have on hand. It has also proven to be very reliable, even with some fairly strenuous usage.

Fifty bucks, free (Prime) shipping and no sales tax is a helluva good price. Just bought one each for 2 brothers-in-law and another one for a son-in-law.

Thanks again for the post.

Bill

Worth to try for the price, but you may want the read this FW thread from last week when it was $59 after coupon.
Poor battery life.. 10-mins?
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1236949/

robby69 said:   Worth to try for the price, but you may want the read this FW thread from last week when it was $59 after coupon.

I have had mine for several years and and it STILL has a much better life-per-charge than that. I haven't actually timed it but it works well enough that I have never felt the need to either.

If I were only getting 10 minutes of work per charge I sure wouldn't have just dropped $150 on 3 more of these this morning.

I haven't encountered the other difficulties mentioned either...

robby69 said:   Worth to try for the price, but you may want the read this FW thread from last week when it was $59 after coupon.

--

I also have had this saw for 2 years, so far, so good. I never had problem with battery life because I've learned from B&D that battery should not be left on charger, take it out when it's full, put it on the shelf on on the device you're going to use.
I also have B&D Hedger which uses same battery type.

Bill00 said:   robby69 said:   Worth to try for the price, but you may want the read this FW thread from last week when it was $59 after coupon.

I have had mine for several years and and it STILL has a much better life-per-charge than that. I haven't actually timed it but it works well enough that I have never felt the need to either.
If I were only getting 10 minutes of work per charge I sure wouldn't have just dropped $150 on 3 more of these this morning.
I haven't encountered the other difficulties mentioned either...

I would call this a "mini chainsaw" and I have two batteries. One is the ten minute charge (good for trimming branches less than two inches thick) and the other battery has much better life. I've never had the chain jump off, and I adjust the tension occasionally, but keep it well oiled. For $50, it's a steal, if you are using it for "mini chainsaw" activities in my opinion... description is "Cuts branches and logs up to four inches in diameter"

After looking at extra battery prices ~$30, if you had other BD 18-volt tools and could use a 2nd battery, it would be like getting the lopper for $17

Thanks OP but I actually went with the plug in model for $20 more after the Amazon $10 off promotion. I was worried reading more batter life reviews and I don't mind dragging a cord around the yard.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.