• Go to page :
  • 1 2 34
  • Text Only
homersaysdoh said:   .......the Husky 2D that looks like a light saber.........lol, i also have that flashlight and about a dozen more thanks to fw.

fatboy58 said:   ..... One of them has a marginal contact & won't work if the head is tightened all the way. Minor annoyance.....It did not work initially after I put in the batteries. Then I found the mid section can be open up and the battery contact were not seat properly on a spring loaded moving part. After I pressed in and adjusted the contact angle, there is no more problem.

I thought someone overstated that it is brighter than the car head light (low beam). After I compared them on my garage door, the focused center section is indeed out shine the bright spot of car head light. But its full spread is reasonably not able to compete with the head lights using a lots more power. Thumbs Up totally.

Thanks OP great new fun brightest toy yet!
i was i was a bright as this flash light!

Bought 4 of them....opened 2 so far, put the batteries in, pushed the "on" button and nothing happens....doesn't come on at all...what a piece of garbage....not sure whether to take them apart and try to fix them like described above or just take them back and request a refund. Shouldn't have to take something apart and fix it that is brand new. Horrible quality control.

Edit: It also helps if you remove the little folded up piece of paper with the instructions that they include inside the flashlight before you insert the batteries. But I did adjust the contact a bit while I had the flashlight apart....OK, the sucker is very bright now after removing the paper, and I'm satisfied! Too funny.

Do these ring up as part of the lawn/garden dept? Still have a zombie coupon to use before the end of the month.

Please advise, thank you and Merry Christmas!

Bought 2 and a pair off glove totaling $52.85.

GET $10 OFF WITH A MINIMUM PURCHASE OF $50 WHEN YOU SHOP AT The Home Depot STORES AND YOU CHECKOUT USING PAYPAL."

Picked 1 up and it has a Cree XM-L led. It is bright, I wonder how many lumens it actually puts out.

noapathy said:   So now we have regular priced items in hot deals b/c they're in stock and have a nice writeup? Seriously people? Marketing hype plain and simple. I'm sure it's a nice flashlight and all, but SO WHAT! It's not even on sale!

Amen!!

Woodhaven, MI has 2 left. I just bought two. They are BRIGHT!!!!

jdoftx said:   Bought 2 and a pair off glove totaling $52.85.

GET $10 OFF WITH A MINIMUM PURCHASE OF $50 WHEN YOU SHOP AT The Home Depot STORES AND YOU CHECKOUT USING PAYPAL."

Tried to order online and use Paypal after following instructions to get the $10 Paypal coupon added to my account. But my coupon did not show up when I went to check out. Did you successfully get the coupon to work online or in-store? Not sure what I didn't do to get it to show up.

homersaysdoh said:   I will add this to the Husky 2D that looks like a light saber and still working great after 4+ years

same here. people that come over love my husky, they (either can i) can't believe how far it throws the beam of light

so for those that have both, are they about the same or?

one of those don't need, but most of us can't resist a deal

Thanks OP. I wonder why HD's web site states 500 when it is 550.

Great flashlight for the money, make sure you remove the instruction booklet before loading batterys, Thanks OP

milkandcookies said:   Thanks OP. I wonder why HD's web site states 500 when it is 550.

well their website also says 1 yr warranty, while on the package it says lifetime

Got one last night. It's a great flashlight. Nice and bright. There were plenty at The Home Depot's in Suffolk County, NY.

Pick up two across two different stores

Ordered two for pickup. Thanks OP!

Ordered this online yesterday and went to pick up today. They couldn't find my order in the system even with the printout. I said that's fine, I'll just grab one from the shelf if you tell me where it is. The computer system indicated 20 in stock and 4 people tried to locate them to no avail. They said it was a Black Friday item and likely was put in hte back to ship out somewhere else. Very frustrated about this.

Quite a few left in Tampa (33611). Has anyone mentioned how bright this sucker is?

RXC96 said:   homersaysdoh said:   I will add this to the Husky 2D that looks like a light saber and still working great after 4+ years

same here. people that come over love my husky, they (either can i) can't believe how far it throws the beam of light

I have the Husky and Defiant side by side, both with fresh batteries...the Defiant is much brighter.

TheRatsWon said:   Quite a few left in Tampa (33611). Has anyone mentioned how bright this sucker is?

Wait until you get into Li-Ion multi-cell torches. My Romisen RC-T601 puts out 750+ lumens with one 18650, and it's deceivingly compact.

GotADeal said:   noapathy said:   So now we have regular priced items in hot deals b/c they're in stock and have a nice writeup? Seriously people? Marketing hype plain and simple. I'm sure it's a nice flashlight and all, but SO WHAT! It's not even on sale!

Amen!!

A special buy means its available for a limited time at a special price. When its no longer available or the seasons past thats it. Maybe when you see how bright it is and that it accopmplishes it using C batteries you'll understand. I was without electricity for two weeks after Sandy. No generators were available, no D size batteries, no AA. All I could find were C and AAA in HD, Lowes and BJs, no D batteries were in stock the first week after. So my Mag Lites were done, or were being conserved. Meanwhile stores all had plenty of C and AAA batteries. This would have made my life lot easier. I now have a generator, large gasoline containers and will be installing an interlok switch. Im ready for the next super storm.

homersaysdoh said:   RXC96 said:   homersaysdoh said:   I will add this to the Husky 2D that looks like a light saber and still working great after 4+ years

I have the Husky and Defiant side by side, both with fresh batteries...the Defiant is much brighter.

Just got one and am comparing it to my Husky 2D. In the past, I had to "operate" on my Husky several times, to fix the on/off switch. It took a while for me to figure out how to do so (can you believe they used loctite on a FLASHLIGHT!). This Defiant flashlight can be disassembled easily.

I love how far off the Husky can throw the light .. but I also love how this Defiant is much brighter!

Side by side, shining both beams at a wall about 7 feet away, the beam center of the Defiant is about twice as large as the Husky's. So the husky will probably throw further.

I wonder if I can transplant the pill this XM-L is on to the Husky? But that would mean I'd actually have to mess with the loctite on the Husky ... as well as use only 2 "D" batteries instead of 3 "C" batteries (lower voltage).

Be careful when unscrewing the reflector, a small circular plastic part surrounding the LED can fall off.

- edited for clarification

jimbocobb said:   Bought 4 of them....opened 2 so far, put the batteries in, pushed the "on" button and nothing happens....doesn't come on at all...what a piece of garbage....not sure whether to take them apart and try to fix them like described above or just take them back and request a refund. Shouldn't have to take something apart and fix it that is brand new. Horrible quality control.

Edit: It also helps if you remove the little folded up piece of paper with the instructions that they include inside the flashlight before you insert the batteries. But I did adjust the contact a bit while I had the flashlight apart....OK, the sucker is very bright now after removing the paper, and I'm satisfied! Too funny.

I did the same thing. That was quite foolish of them to put a little piece of paper inside of the flashlight housing.

Awesome price for a great flash light. Thanks.

Did you notice the green glow-in-the-dark ring around the lens. Cool effect and handy for finding the light if you put it down in the dark.

Super bright, brighter than any other light I have.
It would be perfect if it had a zoom lens and a low power setting.

(you can remove the lens and light up a complete room)

Nice deal and wow is that a bright light!!! thanks nice find.. My HD (Northshore Milwaukee) had 24 but they were not on the floor when I went and it wouldn't let me buy it online for pick up either. Hsd to have them call me when they found them and make a second trip to get it. Nice deal and a great flashlight!!! thanks OP

This flashlight does NOT make you see better, it BLINDS you!
Seriously, when I first turned it on, I was shining it away from me but it was aimed at a piece of white paper and it still blinded me!

This is one awesome flashlight, just watch where you're pointing it. Thanks for the deal OP.

namlook said:   jimbocobb said:   Bought 4 of them....opened 2 so far, put the batteries in, pushed the "on" button and nothing happens....doesn't come on at all...what a piece of garbage....not sure whether to take them apart and try to fix them like described above or just take them back and request a refund. Shouldn't have to take something apart and fix it that is brand new. Horrible quality control.

I did the same thing. That was quite foolish of them to put a little piece of paper inside of the flashlight housing.

indeed, what are the chinese thinking? how many people are shoving the batteries in, clicking the switch and getting nada? then how many intuit the behind the lamphead dis-connect to find the silly paper in there...and the silver tab connector in there also is unbelievably flimsy...that being said it projects one awesome beam of light and the extra slender shaft is a pleasure to handle...think the package indicates a 4 hour life for a set of batteries...

osaka75 said:   Ordered this online yesterday and went to pick up today. They couldn't find my order in the system even with the printout. I said that's fine, I'll just grab one from the shelf if you tell me where it is. The computer system indicated 20 in stock and 4 people tried to locate them to no avail. They said it was a Black Friday item and likely was put in hte back to ship out somewhere else. Very frustrated about this.Did they look up front with all the gift items, or only in the flashlight section? They were up front in the gift section at my store.

osaka75 said:   Ordered this online yesterday and went to pick up today. They couldn't find my order in the system even with the printout. I said that's fine, I'll just grab one from the shelf if you tell me where it is. The computer system indicated 20 in stock and 4 people tried to locate them to no avail. They said it was a Black Friday item and likely was put in hte back to ship out somewhere else. Very frustrated about this.

It doesn't have a shelf location so they get confused as hell. It's typically upfront in the seasonal section. This means searching through all of the stuff there because they sometimes stack the wrong flashlights on top of each other.

located in middle of the aisle of the light bulb section of my HD...

I got 4 of these, only wish I got more when I tested one this evening. Wife and I thank you OP!

RXC96 said:   milkandcookies said:   Thanks OP. I wonder why HD's web site states 500 when it is 550.

well their website also says 1 yr warranty, while on the package it says lifetime

The lifetime of these flashlights is 1 year. It's 550 with brand new batteries, then 500 after 5 minutes of use and goes down from there, some faster than others.

ok just came back from store with this insane thing, and tested with my sola charger, I got 1.9v from this while my 180 lumen spotlight gave 1.0v and direct sun light gave about 1.5v, this is absolutely powerful. Now trying to convince my wife that we do need about 10 powerful flashlight for emergency, so I can keep it instead of return it.

How do these compare to the lithium 18650-powered torches that typically use Cree XM-L elements? I bought a 2-cell 18650 version off Merit1ine that's about on par with an UltraFire (both super bright IMHO). When people rave about how bright the Defiant is, is that compared to lithium torches or plain ol' alkaline flashlights? I understand that it uses regular C cells which offers some advantages. I use exclusively rechargeables so don't care as much about that feature.

macosx said:   The lifetime of these flashlights is 1 year. It's 550 with brand new batteries, then 500 after 5 minutes of use and goes down from there, some faster than others.This makes no sense. Are you saying the batteries last a year, or the flashlight itself only lasts a year? Neither statement sounds correct, but that's par for the course for a Mac OSX user

I have both, the defiant is very obviously brighter. I do not like C-cell traditional bettery either, I may experiment with some 4v lithium rechargeable to see how well that would work.

peas said:   How do these compare to the lithium 18650-powered torches that typically use Cree XM-L elements? I bought a 2-cell 18650 version off Meritline that's about on par with an UltraFire (both super bright IMHO). When people rave about how bright the Defiant is, is that compared to lithium torches or plain ol' alkaline flashlights? I understand that it uses regular C cells which offers some advantages. I use exclusively rechargeables so don't care as much about that feature.

macosx said:   The lifetime of these flashlights is 1 year. It's 550 with brand new batteries, then 500 after 5 minutes of use and goes down from there, some faster than others.This makes no sense. Are you saying the batteries last a year, or the flashlight itself only lasts a year? Neither statement sounds correct, but that's par for the course for a Mac OSX user

wasn't lawn and garden, didn't buy it

I used the $10 off $50 in store today with no problems once I figured out that the credit card signature screen has a 'pay by PayPal' soft touch button. The email confirmation shows the $10 deducted from the charged amount (the amount you agree to pay before entering your PayPal ID and password is the full amount due).

cathwats said:   jdoftx said:   Bought 2 and a pair off glove totaling $52.85.

Tried to order online and use Paypal after following instructions to get the $10 Paypal coupon added to my account. But my coupon did not show up when I went to check out. Did you successfully get the coupon to work online or in-store? Not sure what I didn't do to get it to show up.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.