• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I bought a TiVo Stream for an Xmas present, and this is the best deal I could work - $20 off and no tax for most/all?
Coupon code 3A172 will take $20 off $100 at Crutchfield.

They currently have the TiVo Stream in stock at MSRP, $129.99, with free saver shipping.
Link

Threw in Fat Cash for good measure, now all I have to do is wrap it when it gets here.

Crutchfield
Need a Crutchfield coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

TiVo Stream (63.14kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › TiVo

I am a TiVo subscriber since 2000....but having a hard time getting behind the stream. Mixed reviews.

qube said:   I am a TiVo subscriber since 2000....but having a hard time getting behind the stream. Mixed reviews.
Yeah, I hear you, but I'm willing to give it a try. If it works well for us, it will fulfill a fairly specific role better than any other solution, if not, I'll send it back and wait for version 2.0.

Thinking about doing the same thing.

I have one of these and for $130 I thought it was a little pricey at first. The integration with the TiVo iOS app is very nice and seamless.

We only have one TV in our house and the ability to watch a quick show in the bedroom is great, combine that with the AirPlay sound output and it makes for a nice portable TV.

The best part is the quick offloading of a show to an iPad or iPhone. An hour HD show, in best quality, gets transcoded in 15 minutes or so.

There are free solutions out there but they require a PC, take some time, more syncing to the iPad, etc etc etc.

It is a 1.0 product and seems like something that will be built into the next TiVo but I don't regret the purchase one bit. I did a little travel recently and right before I went to sleep the night before I queued up 4 shows and when I woke up they were on the iPad and I watched them on the plane. Simple as could be.

Possible Improvements: An android app would be nice, streaming directly to a PC (via web browser or a small app) would be useful (I have a PC in an office with two monitors and watching TV would be a great option), a pricepoint of around $75ish would be a little better but I knew I was paying the early adopter tax.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014