• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

GSKILL sniper 2133ddr3 8GB
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

kinda crazy to get 16GB for just under $70 without rebates and such.

Leading Edge Model M
Disclaimer
gmickola said:   kinda crazy to get 16GB for just under $70 without rebates and such.

The first computer RAM I bought -- and it was the best price I could find at the time -- cost
me about $750,000/GB, for standard PC-compatible desktop RAM.

Admittedly, I was buying 16kbit chips for $1.25 each, but... well, that's how far things have
come (this was circa 1985/1986).

So yes -- $4/GB is pretty crazy.

I mean 16GB of 2133 ram relative to the current prices. I know you can get 16GB of 1600 for pretty cheap but that's apple and oranges. Just to clarify that I don't think that even $4/GB for any speed of ram is good even considering 1986 prices, for ddr3-2133 it is however.

I don't know what speed RAM chips are included with these Sniper modules, but G.Skill's Ripjaws 2133 modules have been made with 1333 chips.

Are these for bragging rights ?

G.Skill arms
Disclaimer
SithMaster said:   Are these for bragging rights ?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014