• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just a heads up I just ordered Comcast Blast Plus with 45+ channel basic cable for 6 months for 39.99 a month with no contract. After 6 months it is 59.99 until the 12 month mark at which point it will likely jump up more. Standard 9.95 self install charge and modem rental rates (or just buy your own) apply.

I live in San Francisco, CA where their lowest internet only rate is 29.99 so 10 bucks more for basic cable seemed like a great deal for me.

Member Summary

39.99 Comcast Blast Plus with basic cable for 6 months no contract
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I subscribed to Comcast basic channel at beginning for $10. After a few month, some of the channels were intermittently disappear. Call them and they ask me to pay to checkup the connection (of course there is nothing wrong). Later they send me a free tuner. My nightmare started. All channel turns into 480i or less. With my 60" HD TV. All channels show like covered by fog. Called Comcast for number of times. They said that is the quality of the basic channel. Turns out I brought and Antenna which turns my TV back to HD. All are nightmare when you due with Comcast. I would rather buy an Antenna instead.

where did you order the service?

lazyworm said:   I subscribed to Comcast basic channel at beginning for $10. After a few month, some of the channels were intermittently disappear. Call them and they ask me to pay to checkup the connection (of course there is nothing wrong). Later they send me a free tuner. My nightmare started. All channel turns into 480i or less. With my 60" HD TV. All channels show like covered by fog. Called Comcast for number of times. They said that is the quality of the basic channel. Turns out I brought and Antenna which turns my TV back to HD. All are nightmare when you due with Comcast. I would rather buy an Antenna instead.

I think this falls under the category of consumer complaints not hot deals. I suggest you try www.dslreports.com

peabi said:   where did you order the service?

Comcast.com

lavamatrix18 said:   Just a heads up I just ordered Comcast Blast Plus with 45+ channel basic cable for 6 months for 39.99 a month with no contract. After 6 months it is 59.99 until the 12 month mark at which point it will likely jump up more. Standard 9.95 self install charge and modem rental rates (or just buy your own) apply.

I live in San Francisco, CA where their lowest internet only rate is 29.99 so 10 bucks more for basic cable seemed like a great deal for me.

Do some googling and cruising around Comcast.com. You might be able to find an even better Double Play that at least will extend longer.

lazyworm said:   I subscribed to Comcast basic channel at beginning for $10. After a few month, some of the channels were intermittently disappear. Call them and they ask me to pay to checkup the connection (of course there is nothing wrong). Later they send me a free tuner. My nightmare started. All channel turns into 480i or less. With my 60" HD TV. All channels show like covered by fog. Called Comcast for number of times. They said that is the quality of the basic channel. Turns out I brought and Antenna which turns my TV back to HD. All are nightmare when you due with Comcast. I would rather buy an Antenna instead.

What is Antenna with a capital 'a'?

I got a similar deal in Atlanta. It's supposed to be their Blast Plus with a basic lineup of standard definition channels and go up to $49.99 after six months. Also came with Showtime, free for 3 months.

Bought my own modem. I used their XFINITY app on my Xbox - what a joke! It's slow, clunky, and the video all looks weird (but I think that's the Xbox's fault).

Basic Comcast in S.F., CA are about 35 channels and not much cable channels. You get Food Network and Discovery. Not worth paying $20+ for. I got the Comcast Internet promo for $19.99 for 6 months.
So this is a good deal only if you can't get any local channels in with your Antenna.

So, there's no contract and you can quit after two or three months and switch to Directv or Dish if they offer a better deal? Sounds like a good idea to me.

Just a heads up...after 6 months if you call them and tell them you are going to switch to a different provider they will continue your deal. I used to work there and those calls went to our retention department and there is no end to what they will do to keep a customer. Just hope that when you call you don't get someone who is having a bad day and doesn't care about their job. There were plenty of those there when I worked there. if you get someone like that I would just hang up and call back to get another rep.

I got this deal as well in San Francisco.
$39 month for 6 month
$59 after that for 6 more months
$79 after the first year

Blast Plus includes Digital Economy with 50 channels (instead of 80 channels that Digital Starter has)

M1ssa said:   Just a heads up...after 6 months if you call them and tell them you are going to switch to a different provider they will continue your deal. I used to work there and those calls went to our retention department and there is no end to what they will do to keep a customer. Just hope that when you call you don't get someone who is having a bad day and doesn't care about their job. There were plenty of those there when I worked there. if you get someone like that I would just hang up and call back to get another rep.

I currently have Comcast, but the last time I canceled, I tried three times and each time, the retention rep was more than willing to process the cancellation immediately.

For basic cable (just network channels plus PBS) you can usually use the QAM tuner built into your HDTV (e.g. you don't have to use their box). They usually pass these basic channels through as clear QAM.

Does anyone know if the price includes the first HD converter box free? I know each additional HD converter box is $10/month.

Infinite42 said:   M1ssa said:   Just a heads up...after 6 months if you call them and tell them you are going to switch to a different provider they will continue your deal. I used to work there and those calls went to our retention department and there is no end to what they will do to keep a customer. Just hope that when you call you don't get someone who is having a bad day and doesn't care about their job. There were plenty of those there when I worked there. if you get someone like that I would just hang up and call back to get another rep.

I currently have Comcast, but the last time I canceled, I tried three times and each time, the retention rep was more than willing to process the cancellation immediately.

Same here. When I called to cancel they basically told me not to let the door hit me on the way out.

reddhead said:   Infinite42 said:   M1ssa said:   Just a heads up...after 6 months if you call them and tell them you are going to switch to a different provider they will continue your deal. I used to work there and those calls went to our retention department and there is no end to what they will do to keep a customer. Just hope that when you call you don't get someone who is having a bad day and doesn't care about their job. There were plenty of those there when I worked there. if you get someone like that I would just hang up and call back to get another rep.

Same here. When I called to cancel they basically told me not to let the door hit me on the way out.

First call to detention dept. and they were more than happy to cancel it.
Second call to detention dept. and they even more happy to help me cancel their service and claimed nothing they could do.
After searching and signing a deal with another provider, third call, this is a real call, not threaten, to cancel and they offered multiple deals to keep me intact.
Funny ehhh.

Happened many times.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014