Voting History
rated:

Defiant 100 lumen 2-Pack
Disclaimer

Wouldn't You Like To Be A Pepper Too.
Disclaimer

No Disassemble
Disclaimer
While looking for the 500 lumen Defiant Flashlight I also came across these for under $10. These would make great stocking stuffers or small anywhere flashlights. These are all aluminum body flashlights that use 3x AAA batteries. They are in the size that usually use a bunch of low power LEDs to make light but they instead use one high power CREE LED. The LED is mounted on a star on a threaded metal insert. So heat transfer to the body of the flashlight should be pretty good. The LED star says CREE XB-D on it and looking at the CREE website the LED does look identical to an XB-D. Cree mentions this LED has 40% higher output capability than the venerable XP-E. At 100 lumens it won't outshine the megatorches or any of the XM-L based flashlights but it is a capable power flash light that seems pretty well made to me. Which when you consider all of the above, it seem to me that this is a pretty decent price for an in-store name brand moderate power LED flash light.

link-a-dink

Edit: Also, for those in the San Diego area, the Point Loma HomeDepot (on Sports Arena Blvd. just off the I5/I8 Junction) had around 20-25 of these packs in stock as of closing tonight (friday night) they are in the front seasonal section. Also, I added a quick teardown pic and a closeup pic of the star showing the LED.

Home Depot
Need a Home Depot coupon that earns 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Home Depot
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Excellent value!
Good lumen output for use in an in home environment where light can be reflected back at you (has hi/low output).

Need batteries???: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1239876/

Now then, who has some of those Zombie Mulch coupons still...?

EDIT: Oh yeah, those were just for lawn & garden...

Oh yeah I forgot to mention. Batteries are included.

I'd be all over this deal if I hadn't just purchased several small LED flashlights.

Green for the deal. Also, green for the solid Short Circuit references.

Just got back from HD 30 minutes ago and saw this posting. My luck. I purchased the Defiant 12 LED 80 lumen two-pack for $9.97. Didn't see these 100 lumen CREE ones. Oh, well.

osaka75 said:   Just got back from HD 30 minutes ago and saw this posting. My luck. I purchased the Defiant 12 LED 80 lumen two-pack for $9.97. Didn't see these 100 lumen CREE ones. Oh, well.Both the 2 pack 100 lumen and 3 C 550 lumen Defiant flashlight were up front at my store, mixed in a kind of gift section. I missed the 100 lumen 2 pack at first even though I was looking for it, but it was there, with a box of other flashlights on top of it. Still, isn't 100 lumens kinda low for a Cree? I have a number of other inexpensive Cree flashlights in the 100-300 lumen range.

amploud said:   I'd be all over this deal if I hadn't just purchased several small LED flashlights.

Green for the deal. Also, green for the solid Short Circuit references.

Glad someone got it!

Danzilla said:   osaka75 said:   Just got back from HD 30 minutes ago and saw this posting. My luck. I purchased the Defiant 12 LED 80 lumen two-pack for $9.97. Didn't see these 100 lumen CREE ones. Oh, well.Both the 2 pack 100 lumen and 3 C 550 lumen Defiant flashlight were up front at my store, mixed in a kind of gift section. I missed the 100 lumen 2 pack at first even though I was looking for it, but it was there, with a box of other flashlights on top of it. Still, isn't 100 lumens kinda low for a Cree? I have a number of other inexpensive Cree flashlights in the 100-300 lumen range.

You are correct Danzilla they are in the front seasonal section in most stores. Near a bunch of the other stuff intended to be christmas gifts. Supposedly the headlamps also have one cree high power emitter as well as some red/green/white LEDs.

I used one of these this evening, its actually REALLY damn useful at this size. I was putting boxes in a storage room (the lighting was out for some reason) and it worked amazing. The throw on this light is damn good.

Now 4.88 each in holiday / sale section. YMMV

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014