Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

JBL OnStage IIIP
Thanks gaspra
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

considering that all new iPhones and iPods use lightning, which will require a $30 adaptor, this is a questionable deal.

zklopman said:   considering that all new iPhones and iPods use lightning, which will require a $30 adaptor, this is a questionable deal.

You are correct that this will not work with the latest Apple products without an adapter.

However, there are still tens of millions of Ipod/Iphone users who can take advantage of this deal. Believe it or not, we don't all mindlessly run to the nearest Apple Store every time a new Iproduct is released! This dock would work just fine with my 5+ year old Ipod.

I prefer a different style of dock, otherwise I'd be in on this deal.

zklopman said:   considering that all new iPhones and iPods use lightning, which will require a $30 adaptor, this is a questionable deal. Probably the reason a lot of these 30 pin connector devices are on sale/getting cheaper.

Woops.

I have this model, and while it works fine its not powerful enough to get a great sound. If you want to play background music etc. its fine for that. Mine will also run on batteries which makes the portability great. The only reasonably priced soundock that I have found that can give you average sized room filling sound is:
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-PDX-31-Portable-Player-iPhone/dp/B0...
They have been found under $100 from time to time if the color is not a premium

I have one of these in my office. Overall it works great but it IR remote sensor seems to be very sensative to light. When the clouds move ir my secretary flips the light on it will start or stop playing. Kinda annoying. The sound is great for personal use.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014