• 123 4 59
  • Page
  • Text Only
Thank you very much, it works. I unlocked my AT&T note 2.

Excellent... Thanks

I guess I am dumb but I cannot get this to work.

I finally got to try this today, I wanted to unlock a tmobile note 2. I put in the Straight Talk sim and just followed the directions after clicking 'dismiss' to get to menu. It worked perfectly.

I get H+ or "4G" on my Straight Talk (AT&T) sim now, in the tmobile note 2.

Only sad thing is it still doesn't allow me to use hotspot.

Haven't tried it yet but I found this...http://www.ibtimes.com/how-carrier-unlock-sprint-samsung-galaxy-...
Let me know if it works.

any deals on the s3?

It works with like a champ with my new T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3.

I tested with AT&T SIM. Calls and data works without any issues. I could see 4G symbol as well.

Thanks for the tip..

my s3 says insert USIm though i have already inserted the sim... your unlock procedures didnt help. me.. please suggest what should i do

To some of you that don't see the option [4] NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZ, then your phone has the old Android v4.0.4
You need to upgrade to Jelly Bean 4.1.1. After upgrading to 4.1.1, i followed the unlock procedure and was able to unlock my ATT Galaxy III (i used tmobile sim).

To upgrade from 4.0.4 to 4.1.1, follow this instruction:

How do I update my Samsung Galaxy S III (AT&T) to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

(very easy, just scroll down to start from section HOW DO I GET THIS UPGRADE to download and install Samsung Kies)

PS. Thank you very much OP - Merry Christmas and Happy Newyear everyone at Fatwallet.

hi....successfully unlocked T mobile samsung galaxy s3...thank you so much...

How can I tell if my at&t Samsung galaxy s3 is unlocked?

Ay how could you tell if your gs3 was unlocked

i tried but failed to unlock my tmobile galaxy s3. if anyone pros can pm me the steps, i would appreciate it. thanks

PERSO_NV_INIT IS SUCCESFUL

Got TMO GS3 and my tmo sim. it said PERSO_NV_INIT IS SUCCESFUL , does that mean it is unlocked? or what's next step?

Got it to unlock my kid's Appeal Gophone SGH-I827. Works with tru phone sim chip.
Still can't root it.

I could not get it to unlock my Ford Fusion.

Thanks worked for me! Great job!

Extremely user friendly and very clear instruction which makes it easy for everyone. All phones on the market should be this way. Thanks,

worked on at&t note 2!!!!! unlocked to use on tmobile, thank you!! thank you!!!

worked perfectly with my Samsung Galaxy S3 T-Mobile. Tested with AT&T SIM and confirmed..

Also we unlocked my friend's AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3. It didn't work first time but I repeated the process and it worked second time though not sure what I missed during first attempt. Tested with T-Mobile SIM and confirmed.. Yooo hoooooo..

I have tried it multiple times, with a factory reboot in between. I cannot even see the part after waiting the 30 secs. I select menu and then press back and I end up at the same screen after [6]Network Lock. Can anyone help me? I'm completely confused. I've done this about 10 times now with to no avail. Is there something I'm missing? I've double and triple checked each time, going slowly so I'm not making any mistakes. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

chiueygrl said:   I have tried it multiple times, with a factory reboot in between. I cannot even see the part after waiting the 30 secs. I select menu and then press back and I end up at the same screen after [6]Network Lock. Can anyone help me? I'm completely confused. I've done this about 10 times now with to no avail. Is there something I'm missing? I've double and triple checked each time, going slowly so I'm not making any mistakes. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance. Make sure you are on Jelly Bean version 4.1.1. See this post for detail instructions.

Thanks, I'm giving it a go right now. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

I have a T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2

I followed the instructions and was able to unlock for Straight Talk T-Mobile SIM card. Everything works except for the data. The phone and txt works perfectly. I have triple checked my APN settings and tried the two versions that StraightTalk gives you.

How do I fix this? Is there a way to reverse this? Update firmware to start phone fresh again? thanks in advanced everyone.

stratisi said:   I have a T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2

I followed the instructions and was able to unlock for Straight Talk T-Mobile SIM card. Everything works except for the data. The phone and txt works perfectly. I have triple checked my APN settings and tried the two versions that StraightTalk gives you.

How do I fix this? Is there a way to reverse this? Update firmware to start phone fresh again? thanks in advanced everyone.

Head over to howardforums.com - you'll get much better replies there since it is dedicated to phone questions.

Does upgrading to Jellybean 4.1 or 4.2 delete any apps?

hey, quick question, i have chinese network sim card. if i do this step by step will i be able to use my phone internationally?

ganborghini said:   hey, quick question, i have chinese network sim card. if i do this step by step will i be able to use my phone internationally?

Yes.

when i click on the last step (3]Perso SHA256 OFF) it takes me to a screen that says : SHA256_ENABLE_FLAG[0]
SHA256_OFF=>Not Change
what does this mean please respond ASAP i need to unlock my phone tonight

jadeb said:   when i click on the last step (3]Perso SHA256 OFF) it takes me to a screen that says : SHA256_ENABLE_FLAG[0]
SHA256_OFF=>Not Change
what does this mean please respond ASAP i need to unlock my phone tonight

It's been awhile since I did this and I don't think I can help you, but here is the original xda thread, you might see your answer there or ask your question.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=34661189#post34...

I am getting similar message on Note 2. Does this mean its unlocked?

Does this work for the Samsung Note 2/ So I can purchase the phone unlock it and use it on Straight Talk? Also does this work for the skyrocker and I phone's?

for unlocking the steps are, Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control...
can anyone please tell what is UMTS or how to invoke UMTS to get into this menu ?

sambest4u said:   for unlocking the steps are, Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control...
can you please tell what is UMTS or how to invoke UMTS to get into this menu ?

You're missing a step. Before everything else, you have to open the phone's dialer, and dial the following keys *#197328640#

This opens a "ServiceMode" screen. The menu directions will become obvious once you're on this screen.

Worked like a charm!

When i used the foreign sim card, it asked for unlock code and I select dismiss, followed your 6 step rule:
Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ

However, i am not seeing this option [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ under Network Lock. This is what i can see:
NETWORK LOCK
[1] PERSO SHA256 Info
[2] PERSO SHA256 ON
[3] PERSO SHA256 OFF
[4] RAT_FREE_SUPPORTING_ON

Could you please advise me what should i do after doing the [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF and waited 30 seconds, went back but i can't find [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ.

I have trying to unlock my Samsung Galaxy S3 for AT&T (US model). When i rebooted my cell, it still prompts for unlock code. I would really appreciate your help.

I went through all the step and rebooted. How does one know if the phone is unlocked besides trying another SIM card? Is there a notification or message when the phone reboots that the phone is now unlocked?

I did this before it's illegal tomorrow. How AT&T will enforce this, I don't know.

Delete. double post.

sureebaju said:   ....
Could you please advise me what should i do after doing the [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF and waited 30 seconds, went back but i can't find [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ....Q]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sureebaju, you need to upgrade your phone to 4.1.1
Folowing these steps:

ENTbb said:   To some of you that don't see the option [4] NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZ, then your phone has the old Android v4.0.4
You need to upgrade to Jelly Bean 4.1.1. After upgrading to 4.1.1, i followed the unlock procedure and was able to unlock my ATT Galaxy III (i used tmobile sim).

To upgrade from 4.0.4 to 4.1.1, follow this instruction:

How do I update my Samsung Galaxy S III (AT&T) to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

(very easy, just scroll down to start from section HOW DO I GET THIS UPGRADE to download and install Samsung Kies)

PS. Thank you very much OP - Merry Christmas and Happy Newyear everyone at Fatwallet.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014