• 1 2 3459
  • Page
  • Text Only
Tried it on my ATT SIII. Doesn't work, but thanks for the try!

zipcode810 said:   Tried it on my ATT SIII. Doesn't work, but thanks for the try!


LOL- registered today, and first post.

Nice try eBay shill;

It works with Tmobile S3 as well !!!!

OP, can you please help me. Mine is new SIII 747. WHen I dial *#197328640#. it says USSD code running and then "connection problem or invalid MMI code" message pops up? Anything wrong? Thanks.

nguyenhiep said:   Does this work for the Sprint Galaxy S3?

Nope... just tried it on mine. Just sits there displaying the dialed string as if it were a phone number.
There must be a Sprint variant out there somewhere but it ain't this.

Note, to those having problems dialing the code, make sure you're using the default phone dialer and not a third party dialer like "dialer one" or something similar. I initially had a problem punching in the codes, then I switched from dialer one to default phone app and it worked.

protrek said:   ecgz88 said:   according this it's not working on all canada S3, which is weird since canada S3 is same as AT&T S3

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/free-unlock-samsung-galaxy-s3-note-2-all-gsm-carriers-galaxy-rugby-bell-1266487/

lillazyfats81 said:   kkozm said:   Does not work on Bell Canada Galaxy S3.

then youre doing it wrong.

it was literally just reported success on Canadian S3 on slickdeals about 10min ago...


hmm, I thought the phones that are sold in canada are already unlocked...


Some are unlocked, some are locked (and subsidized), similarly to the US.

Awesome find. Looks like it worked on my AT&T S3. Thanks OPie!

Worked for me. Thanks!

Wooo...Hoooo...Ureka...it works !!!
Thanks a million OP & extra million thanks to the 1st guy who found & shared it !!!

Can anyone think of a reason I should NOT try this on my TMo S2?

For S2

Insert a SIM from another provider into your phone.

Go to dailer screen. press *#197328640#.

press [1]DEBUG SCREEN
Press [8]PHONE CONTROL
Press [5] SIMULATION
Press [6] NETWORK LOCK
Press [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF
Wait exactly 30 seconds
press the menu key on the phone and select back option. This will take you back to NETWORK LOCK screen.
Press [4] NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZ
Wait exactly one minute and reboot the phone.
Should be unlocked.

mine too...mine is a rooted att s3 I747 running cyanogenmod10
dgrade said:   OP, can you please help me. Mine is new SIII 747. WHen I dial *#197328640#. it says USSD code running and then "connection problem or invalid MMI code" message pops up? Anything wrong? Thanks.

Only works on stock rom, can't have a third party rom with AOSP (aka cyanogen)

lillazyfats81 said:   For S2

Insert a SIM from another provider into your phone.

Go to dailer screen. press *#197328640#.

press [1]DEBUG SCREEN
Press [8]PHONE CONTROL
Press [5] SIMULATION
Press [6] NETWORK LOCK
Press [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF
Wait exactly 30 seconds
press the menu key on the phone and select back option. This will take you back to NETWORK LOCK screen.
Press [4] NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZ
Wait exactly one minute and reboot the phone.

for Galaxy SII (T-Mobile),
after press [5] SIMULATION, I don't have a [NETWORK LOCK] option to be found.

thanks
Should be unlocked.

jomarrod said:   now, let's find the unlock procedure for the iPhonesJust pay the $2.10 on eBay and forget it. I paid for unlock on all 4 of our iPhones, rather than spend any time on the phone with At&t.

Just did it on my T-Mobile SIII. How do we test to know if the UNLOCK worked?

Doesn't work on AT&T Note (I):

Insert a SIM from another provider into your phone.

Go to dailer screen. press *#197328640#.

press [1]DEBUG SCREEN
Press [8]PHONE CONTROL
Press [5] SIMULATION
Press [6] NETWORK LOCK
Press [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF <----- get Menu Not Exist, Press Back Key, Current command is 18543

Any guide to make it work on AT&T Note (I) will be appreciated.

does it work for Galaxy S2 phone too?

If not, anyone?

Worked for I747 SIII phone. I was not dialing * and figured it out. Thanks OP.

Great!

Anyone has instruction for Galaxy S (T Mobile Vibrant)?

lillazyfats81 said:   For S2

Insert a SIM from another provider into your phone.

Go to dailer screen. press *#197328640#.

press [1]DEBUG SCREEN
Press [8]PHONE CONTROL
Press [5] SIMULATION
Press [6] NETWORK LOCK
Press [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF
Wait exactly 30 seconds
press the menu key on the phone and select back option. This will take you back to NETWORK LOCK screen.
Press [4] NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZ
Wait exactly one minute and reboot the phone.
Should be unlocked.

Worked on Tmobile Galaxy S3 phone. Thanks

Any info on will this work on a Samsung Galaxy Note original AT&T phone, thanks.

Great now all who sold locked phones cheaper can unlock it and bump price.

I unlocked my HTC phone for free using instructions from XDA. Should I start a thread about that here? Are we going to start a thread for every smartphone and simply link to the unlock instructions at XDA? Is that really necessary?

does it work on ATT iphone 5, please say YES

I don't have a non-T-Mobile SIM handy to confirm it actually worked, but with a Samsung Galaxy S Relay all the steps appeared to work (just no confirmation that anything actually happened).

It worked on AT&T S3.. Verified it with a T-Mobile SIM which I got free from tmobile.com

Sorry if my question is too naive for many; but please answer:

I have ATT S3 on a contract (purchased August 2012)

What benefit do I get by unlocking the phone?

What more opportunities I have once the phone is unlocked?

Thanks in advance

what about glaxy s2 on tmobile?

roseusa said:   what about glaxy s2 on tmobile?

So far, I can't find the [NETWORK LOCK] options to choose after [SIMULATOR]

Just tried on HTC One X. Doesn't work!

does any body know where to get the best deal Galaxy note 2 without contract??? Some advice will be nice!! Thanks in advanced

MechanicalMan said:   I unlocked my HTC phone for free using instructions from XDA. Should I start a thread about that here? Are we going to start a thread for every smartphone and simply link to the unlock instructions at XDA? Is that really necessary?

Glad the OP does not think like this MORON and thread CRAPPER!

i am as same as u.IF U KNOW zhe ANSWER,please tell me

delete

thsze said:   Doesn't work on AT&T Note (I):

Insert a SIM from another provider into your phone.

Go to dailer screen. press *#197328640#.

press [1]DEBUG SCREEN
Press [8]PHONE CONTROL
Press [5] SIMULATION
Press [6] NETWORK LOCK
Press [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF <----- get Menu Not Exist, Press Back Key, Current command is 18543

Any guide to make it work on AT&T Note (I) will be appreciated.


I got similar situation with you just with different code.
I suggest you assume that step finish and process with next step.
I also cannot follow the home / back key and return to normal screen.
Just reentry the code then you are in the page previously left.
Then perform the last step and reboot.
My phone did not ask me for unlock code but since my foreign Sim
do not work here, I don't know whether it's complete or not.
Good luck

fatxman said:   Just tried on HTC One X. Doesn't work!
you don't say

lillazyfats81 said:   For S2

Insert a SIM from another provider into your phone.

Go to dailer screen. press *#197328640#.

press [1]DEBUG SCREEN
Press [8]PHONE CONTROL
Press [5] SIMULATION
Press [6] NETWORK LOCK
Press [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF
Wait exactly 30 seconds
press the menu key on the phone and select back option. This will take you back to NETWORK LOCK screen.
Press [4] NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZ
Wait exactly one minute and reboot the phone.
Should be unlocked.

after Press [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF I wait for 30 sec and pressed back so I was in NETWORK LOCK screen but option 4 is missing, so what should I do for that.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014