• 12 3 459
  • Page
  • Text Only
Same here on T-Mobile Galaxy S.

siamedition said:   roseusa said:   what about glaxy s2 on tmobile?

So far, I can't find the [NETWORK LOCK] options to choose after [SIMULATOR]

Thanks

ok so help someone who does not know is there an advantage to unlocking your phone. I have a t mobile samsung S3, and use t mobile. Do not go out of my area. THanks....Happy holidays

>so help someone who does not know is there an advantage to unlocking your phone

If you go on a foreign vacation/business trip and you want to buy a local sim card with prepaid minutes,
instead of paying huge rooming fees to ATT.

You will of course still be paying your regular ATT bill while your are gone.
And still would have to obligate to the 2 year contract.

Cwolf2008 said:   thsze said:   Doesn't work on AT&T Note (I):

Insert a SIM from another provider into your phone.

Go to dailer screen. press *#197328640#.

press [1]DEBUG SCREEN
Press [8]PHONE CONTROL
Press [5] SIMULATION
Press [6] NETWORK LOCK
Press [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF <----- get Menu Not Exist, Press Back Key, Current command is 18543

Any guide to make it work on AT&T Note (I) will be appreciated.

I got similar situation with you just with different code.
I suggest you assume that step finish and process with next step.
I also cannot follow the home / back key and return to normal screen.
Just reentry the code then you are in the page previously left.
Then perform the last step and reboot.
My phone did not ask me for unlock code but since my foreign Sim
do not work here, I don't know whether it's complete or not.
Good luck

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

After the last step, I don't see any option to choose:

Press [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF <----- get Menu Not Exist, Press Back Key, Current command is 18543
Press [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ <------- do not see this option

Where do you see the option for NW Lock NV Data INITIALIZ?

BTW, to go back, select the menu button which is the left most button on the row of "buttons" at the bottom of phone screen.

Wow! nice.

Until it is made "illegal to unlock a phone"

Thanks, it worked.

Thnx

what are the advantage of unlocking a phone? you cant take it from Verizon to Virgin Mobile, correct?

is it just for taking out of the country advantage?

awesome

anndesikis said:   what are the advantage of unlocking a phone? you cant take it from Verizon to Virgin Mobile, correct?

is it just for taking out of the country advantage?

GSM

i.e. if you are on at&t, T-Mobile, Straight Talk etc, you can use it
or use it outside

if verizon phone is not gsm, you cant do anything

on att phone

after 3 i waited 30 s
did 4

got those menu does not exists

now restarted

after restarted followed the same steps

i see sha256_off - does that mean it is unlocked now

yeii

FatBoy007 said:   I did it on ATT Samsung Galaxy S3(SGH-1747) recently bought. After the last step I got this..
SHA256_ENABLE_FLAG [0]
SHA256_OFF => NOT CHANGE
Does anybody know what this mean?

same question

I followed the steps. Put in a friends Tmobile sim, made a call & just like that - It was unlocked & ready for adventure. Thank you. Suddenly my phone is worth more

I did everything how I know if I unlocked already? I don't have other sim card yet.

I'm confused. Trying to unlock my ATT Samsung Galaxy S3. When I click dismiss, it takes me to home page. Then what? I don't see anyhwere to enter *#197328640#

amazingly, this thread just shows how many galaxy s3's are out there....its true when analysts say this phone is outselling the iphones..

crrazyy.

Hi,

Tried to do this with an S3 in Indai but didn't work.

Its all well till [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back,

When i go back to the Network Lock option, there is no Option 4 NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ

Instead, Option 4 is RAT_FREE_SUPPRITNG ON

Please help!!!

delete... see next post

mrkk said:   FatBoy007 said:   I did it on ATT Samsung Galaxy S3(SGH-1747) recently bought. After the last step I got this..
SHA256_ENABLE_FLAG [0]
SHA256_OFF => NOT CHANGE

same question

I also have the same question

Thanks Op. This method works perfectly with my Galaxy S3 T999 (T-Mobile)

I followed this process on my Note2. However I'm not sure if I'm successful. How to ensure that my phone is unlocked!?

ATT note 2 unlocked! Try T-Mobile sim card already!

Ask someone use T-Mobile and try it up. It works for me.

Thanks for suggestions!
Do you guys know if any device info that I can see to confirm that My phone is not locked. PS: its hard for me to get a T-Mobile Sim now!

jomarrod said:   now, let's find the unlock procedure for the iPhones

If it's an AT&T then try this:
Step 1: On your iPhone, open Settings > General > About, and note down you IMEI number, or remember it, depends.

Step 2: Log into AT&Tís website, tap in your account credentials, and proceed to AT&Tís Wireless Support Chat.

Step 3: Give them your IMEI which you made a note of in Step 1.

Step 4: Within 72 hours, youíll be sent an e-mail notification stating your unlock is ready.

Step 5: Finally, youíll need to follow the remaining instructions in the e-mail, which consist of syncing and restoring to complete the process.

can I try this without sim card installed?

worked on my tmo and att gs3! "awesomesauce"!

carpenter940 said:   jomarrod said:   now, let's find the unlock procedure for the iPhones

If it's an AT&T then try this:
Step 1: On your iPhone, open Settings > General > About, and note down you IMEI number, or remember it, depends.

Step 2: Log into AT&Tís website, tap in your account credentials, and proceed to AT&Tís Wireless Support Chat.

Step 3: Give them your IMEI which you made a note of in Step 1.

Step 4: Within 72 hours, youíll be sent an e-mail notification stating your unlock is ready.

Step 5: Finally, youíll need to follow the remaining instructions in the e-mail, which consist of syncing and restoring to complete the process.

Yep I unlocked AT&T Iphone 4 by following your direction few months ago. It was almost impossible to unlock AT&T iPhone to work on T-Mobile. I'm AT&T customer thru corporate iPhone acct and only had the phone for a year as I heard you got to be AT&T customer in good standing including passed beyond 2 yr contract.

Thanks OP and all other contributors on this thread. Is there anyway to unlock Note 2 and S3 from Sprint to be able use oversea? Thanks in advance.

worked great on the note 2, many thx

Looks like this procedure needs to be repeated everytime we restart a phone

hsbedi said:   Tried to do this with an S3 in Indai but didn't work.

Its all well till [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back,

When i go back to the Network Lock option, there is no Option 4 NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ

Instead, Option 4 is RAT_FREE_SUPPRITNG ON

Please help!!!

I had the same problem with my AT&T Galaxy S3. After I upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 I found the "NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ". I cut up an old prepaid T-Mobile SIM, stick it into my S3 and it worked. Thank you OP !!

Hello, I have att note 2. I tried to unlock it but it does not work. Please show me what I need to unlock it. Thank you for your time.

almost last step
Disclaimer
I hope I can post my pictures to show ur guys

works fine on my at&t note 2. i restarted a couple of times with a tmobile sim and have no problem.

Because I already unlocked, so I couldn't show some of the steps. But I will help my friend to unlock her T-Mobile s3.

If I get a chace I will upload more details next week.

add one more #
Disclaimer

choose 1
Disclaimer

choose 1
Disclaimer

choose 8
Disclaimer

choose 6
Disclaimer

choose 3 then wait more than 30 second.click "back"
Disclaimer

one more time add #
Disclaimer

choose 1
Disclaimer

choose 1
Disclaimer

choose 8
Disclaimer

choose 6
Disclaimer

choose 4 wait more than one minute then restart.
Disclaimer
Because I already unlocked, so I couldn't show some of the steps. But I will help my friend to unlock her T-Mobile s3.

If I get a chace I will upload more details next week.

I have ATT note 2. I didn't change my sim card until next day use my coworker's

mrkk said:   FatBoy007 said:   I did it on ATT Samsung Galaxy S3(SGH-1747) recently bought. After the last step I got this..
SHA256_ENABLE_FLAG [0]
SHA256_OFF => NOT CHANGE

same question

Any update to this? I checked to make sure I had the latest updated software as well....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014