• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Charleston SC COSTCO Gasoline (3.14kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
ok so now finally to the important: how to get gas cards at discount? There have been so many ways every year - but whic... (more)

SinglePapa (Dec. 02, 2012 @ 1:48p) |

MUST DEFEND LAME DEAL TO THE END!

qube (Dec. 02, 2012 @ 1:54p) |

no, no more disputes. Just actual gas discount ideas! Is Kroger's best deal, or it's too hard to make use of (along I-95... (more)

SinglePapa (Dec. 02, 2012 @ 1:59p) |

Costco consistently has excellent gasoline prices for members.
The Costco True Earning Am Ex card adds another 3% savings on gasoline purchases (up to an annual limit, etc.)as a payment at the end of your credit card year.
BUT, price quotes for gasoline at Costco and elsewhere will vary substantially between location because of significant state/local taxes on gasoline. This deal is clearly YMMV but OP did identify a location.

Strange post for FW. SC has lowest gas taxes in the nation, just don't see how this affects 99% of US citizens.

kriskos4 said:   Strange post for FW. SC has lowest gas taxes in the nation, just don't see how this affects 99% of US citizens.

we see area specific posts on FW all the time.

as for SC, these prices in Charleston are still 10c per gallon or more cheaper than ANYWHERE else in the entire state.

A smoking deal in Washington is less than $3.30/gal

I got reg. at $2.82. With WalMart credit card I get .15 off.

Has any gasoline chain come out this year with customary Xmas bonus on buying their gas cards?

MISTERCHEAP said:   kriskos4 said:   Strange post for FW. SC has lowest gas taxes in the nation, just don't see how this affects 99% of US citizens.

as for SC, these prices in Charleston are still 10c per gallon or more cheaper than ANYWHERE else in the entire state.

Why were you holding back this information until others here pointed out the less than full details of your original post? At least YMMV may vary in the title and the info about the prices in the area in your original post would have been useful.

horizon6 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   kriskos4 said:   Strange post for FW. SC has lowest gas taxes in the nation, just don't see how this affects 99% of US citizens.

Why were you holding back this information until others here pointed out the less than full details of your original post? At least YMMV may vary in the title and the info about the prices in the area in your original post would have been useful.

what was held back? It's not YMMV if you go to either of these places in Charleston SC, THAT IS THE PRICE, nothing ymmv about it. and I do have that you must be a member of the clubs.

The only thing that is YMMV is these prices are subject to change as with any gasoline station price. not an "advertised" sale price.

PS, all you had to do was click on the link in the OP to see this info. not some hidden secret.

Going to the Greenville location tomorrow. It'll be nice if it is super cheap there too. Our regular gas station was $3.13 today.

horizon6 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   kriskos4 said:   Strange post for FW. SC has lowest gas taxes in the nation, just don't see how this affects 99% of US citizens.

Says SC in the thread title. If you live in California, not only does YMMV not apply but you're dreaming if you expect to ever get below $3 again.

kriskos4 said:   horizon6 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   kriskos4 said:   Strange post for FW. SC has lowest gas taxes in the nation, just don't see how this affects 99% of US citizens.

Says SC in the thread title. If you live in California, not only does YMMV not apply but you're dreaming if you expect to ever get below $3 again.

As posted here, the value of the deal would be the site, one among many, where you can get information on various gas prices and their distance from you. Those who are Costco members and drive near Costco Warehouse that have gasoline regularly get excellent prices for the area taxes included and no premium price for credit cards (often a discount for that).

The most important part of Costco gas - endless lines to the pump! That's why I'm repeating my query: has any other gas vendor came out this season with discount on their gas-cards?

horizon6 said:   kriskos4 said:   horizon6 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   kriskos4 said:   Strange post for FW. SC has lowest gas taxes in the nation, just don't see how this affects 99% of US citizens.

As posted here, the value of the deal would be the site, one among many, where you can get information on various gas prices and their distance from you. Those who are Costco members and drive near Costco Warehouse that have gasoline regularly get excellent prices for the area taxes included and no premium price for credit cards (often a discount for that).

yes, but the point you seem to be missing here is that these happen to be THE CHEAPEST GAS STATIONS in the state of SC right now, obviously a price war between Sams/Costco taking place in that area. and Charleston is the largest city in SC.

MISTERCHEAP said:   horizon6 said:   kriskos4 said:   horizon6 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   kriskos4 said:   Strange post for FW. SC has lowest gas taxes in the nation, just don't see how this affects 99% of US citizens.

yes, but the point you seem to be missing here is that these happen to be THE CHEAPEST GAS STATIONS in the state of SC right now, obviously a price war between Sams/Costco taking place in that area. and Charleston is the largest city in SC.

Charleston, SC is a great city!

Would have been better post if OP included price war info as well as that previously mentioned.

I'm very happy to see the 0.99 cents per gallon.

Still don't understand Horizon's problem with this thread and all the red. Can't wrap my head around it...

kriskos4 said:   Still don't understand Horizon's problem with this thread and all the red. Can't wrap my head around it...
See your earlier post about the 99%.

horizon6 said:   kriskos4 said:   Still don't understand Horizon's problem with this thread and all the red. Can't wrap my head around it...

you're not in SC or Charleson, so why don't you move on Horizon and quit crapping in this thread. THANKS!

MISTERCHEAP said:   horizon6 said:   kriskos4 said:   Still don't understand Horizon's problem with this thread and all the red. Can't wrap my head around it...

you're not in SC or Charleson, so why don't you move on Horizon and quit crapping in this thread. THANKS!

Where is Saskatchewan and where is Charleson? Could you improve on your CRAPPY writing? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss Charleston Went to college there...from SC my entire life. Loved living in Chuck town! (now way out West)

How is posting the lowest gas price in a specific city a hot deal? Doesn't everyone have access to gas buddy?

bump

The most important part of Costco gas - endless lines to the pump! That's why I'm repeating my query: has any other gas vendor came out this season with discount on their gas-cards?

Fukitol (368.02kB)
Disclaimer
horizon6 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   horizon6 said:   kriskos4 said:   Still don't understand Horizon's problem with this thread and all the red. Can't wrap my head around it...

Where is Saskatchewan and where is Charleson? Could you improve on your CRAPPY writing? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, you could REALLY use this product to the left.

Tiem for a road trip! Driving across the country so I can brag about how much I just paid for gas!!!

some other clown posted his gas prices in some city in new york. i guess the trend is catching on. people, before you post, ask yourself how useful your post is to your audience wasting their time reading your post.

horizon6 said:   kriskos4 said:   Still don't understand Horizon's problem with this thread and all the red. Can't wrap my head around it...

Just an unhappy troll

OliverQuackenbush said:   some other clown posted his gas prices in some city in new york. i guess the trend is catching on. people, before you post, ask yourself how useful your post is to your audience wasting their time reading your post.

again, this particular post was because of an obvious price war between Sams Club/Costco in Charleston, not just picking random cities to post for the sake of posting.

I don't live in Charleston, and I don't even belong to Sams or Costco, so there was no agenda in posting this other than to help people out who live in the great Charleston area.

To post up gas prices in every city for the heck of it is dumb and doubtful they are the lowest in your state OR $2.89 either (with some exceptions where gas is very cheap)

Can we finally get to GAS DEALS!

One can't change the prices, while driving with a 55-gal tank from NY to FL Dec.22
But one can save 10% or(?) by paying with a certain card. What cards can I acquire by Xmas to save the most?

ZombieHunter said:   horizon6 said:   kriskos4 said:   Still don't understand Horizon's problem with this thread and all the red. Can't wrap my head around it...

Just an unhappy troll

Just a very unhappy troll

SinglePapa said:   Can we finally get to GAS DEALS!

One can't change the prices, while driving with a 55-gal tank from NY to FL Dec.22
But one can save 10% or(?) by paying with a certain card. What cards can I acquire by Xmas to save the most?

The next ones with the grand prize numbers in mega-millions and power-ball. Good luck!

SinglePapa said:   Can we finally get to GAS DEALS!

papa,

check out the gc deals at grocery stores. some give you $10-60 vouchers (PathMark/A&P, etc) Buy $500 in Gasoline GC's get $60 in grocery vouchers. Better then your 10%, plus you get the cash price at stations with gift cards vs credit (so 6-10c per gallon savings)

Thanx MC! I've seen, for example Shoprite, offer $10 grocery credit for buying $100 gas card. Problem: I don't want supermarket credit - unless they let you buy GAS CARDS with this credit. And I'm afraid giftcards are non-eligible item (to use such credit)

Sonofspam said:   horizon6 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   horizon6 said:   kriskos4 said:   Still don't understand Horizon's problem with this thread and all the red. Can't wrap my head around it...

Dude, you could REALLY use this product to the left.

Tiem for a road trip! Driving across the country so I can brag about how much I just paid for gas!!!

Didn't you buy the whole national supply of that product at a hot deal to resell on the bay?

SinglePapa said:   Thanx MC! I've seen, for example Shoprite, offer $10 grocery credit for buying $100 gas card. Problem: I don't want supermarket credit - unless they let you buy GAS CARDS with this credit. And I'm afraid giftcards are non-eligible item (to use such credit)

don't you buy food??

OliverQuackenbush said:   some other clown posted his gas prices in some city in new york. i guess the trend is catching on. people, before you post, ask yourself how useful your post is to your audience wasting their time reading your post.

Except for your offensive manner of your posting, i.e. your first "sentence", you repeat the point made to mods about this, and we agree.

trying to stay on topic of savings, while driving a large group of people from NY to FL for Xmas break, with a 55-gal tank

ZombieHunter said:   horizon6 said:   kriskos4 said:   Still don't understand Horizon's problem with this thread and all the red. Can't wrap my head around it...

Just an unhappy troll

ZombieHunter, please think more and click less

I understand Kroger may have the best deal (up to $2/gal !)

Anyone knows if Kroger gas deals are relevant to I-95 travel? I only need to fill over 35gal in VA, SC, GA and FL

You seem to be complaining that mistercheap is omitting Crucial details as if it's some giant secret or something. But the first post says where the deal is and the details. I took issue with the post because it's in one state and a tiny, insignificant one at that. I never had a problem with the details of the deal...cheap is solid with his contributions.

Skipping 5 Messages...
no, no more disputes. Just actual gas discount ideas! Is Kroger's best deal, or it's too hard to make use of (along I-95 between VA and FL)?

what other deals are there: Exxon, Shell, BP cards? WalMart 15c off? any from Racetrack? Raceway? Pilot?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014