Alas; my BOC card (which I very rarely use) is apparently not deal-worthy.
"The amount of Cash Back deals you receive are based on merchant and restaurant participation in your area and on how you use your Bank of America credit and debit card(s). If you seldom use your Bank of America credit or debit card(s), you may receive fewer deals until you start to use your card(s) more. The more you use your Bank of America credit or debit card(s), the more opportunity you will have to receive Cash Back deals."
Question on the $100. Is it one card with $100 on it? Or is it 2 cards of $50 or 4 x $25?
Senior Member - 1K
posted: Dec. 1, 2012 @ 9:48p
Both DW and I have the 15% off deal. Question on the $20 card: is it an unrestricted $20 gift card, or is it one of those "must be used between xx/xx/13 and yy/yy/13, can't be combined with other offers, only one card per table, etc." ?
Senior Member - 1K
posted: Dec. 1, 2012 @ 10:01p
I suppose you can buy 4x25 gift cards. PFChangs website doesn't say that it must be $100 card.
Now - one thing to remember - only do one transaction. As you do your transaction and get a buyer's euphoria and decide to another transaction, the 2nd transaction will most likely not generate the discount.
The $20 bonus card is restrictive. Valid 1/1/13 to 3/31/13. It doesn't say that the $20 cards cannot be combined. But the $20 card must be used in full - i.e. no Cash Back for partial redemption. Also, $20 card cannot be used towards gratuity. Note: Card not valid at Pei Wei but the regular gift card is valid at Pei Wei.
cpaynter: The fact that both you and DW have the discount doesn't matter. The key thing you are restricted by is the number of $20 cards you plan to redeem during the 1/1 to 3/31 period.
posted: Dec. 1, 2012 @ 10:38p
This isn't actually at all surprising. BoA is running a deal of PFC, and only knows that you spent money there, not what you spent it on.
As for the $20 bonis card deal, many restaurants do this. I work in a restaurant, so I can tell you why.
1) Depending on the type of restaurant, between 10 and 40 percent of gift cards never come back. Now that they don't give change back, if there is a small amount left on the card, it often never gets used. That's all pure profit for the restaurant.
2) The vast majority of the holiday gift cards come back in Jan, Feb and Mar, the three slowest months in the restaurant industry in most areas, thanks to crappy weather, and people hit with their holiday shopping bills. Gift card customers fill those empty seats.
3) Those $20 bonus cards must come in during those same slow months, agan filling those seats. And most customers end up spending omre than the bonus card, so the restaurant still makes money off the customers. In fact, in most states it's illegal to give away free alcohol, so these free bonus cards cannot be used for alcohol.
4) Most people give away the main cards and keep the bonus. That means tewo more tables in the slow months.
Senior Member - 1K
posted: Dec. 1, 2012 @ 10:48p
DavidHHH said: This isn't actually at all surprising. BoA is running a deal of PFC, and only knows that you spent money there, not what you spent it on.
In hindsight it is not surprising - but clearly the exec's at PFC missed putting 2 and 2 together. It is left to the people at Fatwallet to exploit these loopholes. In my opinion, each of the big companies should have a hawk watching the posts of big deal sites 24x7 and if they notice exploitation of multiple deals, they should shut it down fast! But it the meantime, keep exploiting the loopholes!
Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.
Members of our community may attach files to a post in accordance with the User Agreement. FatWallet is not responsible for the content, accuracy, completeness or validity of any information contained in any attached file. Files have *not* been scanned for viruses. Be especially wary of Excel files which may contain malicious content.
Earn Cash Back while you shop - just 3 simple steps.
1. Sign Up so we know who to pay! (It's FREE.)
2. Shop through FatWallet for deals from your favorite stores. Your online purchases earn Cash Back that builds in your FatWallet account.
3. Get Paid by requesting a payment via check or PayPal.
FatWallet coupons help you save more when shopping online. Use our Coupons Search to browse coupons and offers from thousands of stores, gathered into one convenient location.
As part of our FatWallet Community, you can share deals with almost a million shoppers in our forums. Forum content is generated by consumers for consumers. Share deals, money-saving tips, and more. It's FREE, fun, and addicting.
Our customer experience team is here around the clock - real people ready to assist.