• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://newyorkgasprices.com/GasPriceSearch.aspx

Check your zip code too at this site.

Costco Warehouses that sell gasoline often do so in such quantities that they get multiple deliveries of gasoline a day and their gas prices will reflect market prices commodity gasoline; but regularly cheaper than other sources.

No cash sales. No cash discount. No credit card premium.

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

I believe I saw $3.73 today at the Gulf on North Avenue going towards Iona.......

Still $3.95 in northern Westchester.

why is this a hot deal.
Gas here at costco is $2.99.
I didn't know it was a hot deal, or i would have posted here.
You could have ordered a truck load.
Shipping might have killed the deal for you though.

horizon6 said:   http://newyorkgasprices.com/GasPriceSearch.aspx

Costco Warehouses that sell gasoline often do so in such quantities that they get multiple deliveries of gasoline a day and their gas prices will reflect market prices commodity gasoline; but regularly cheaper than other sources.

itsme13 said:   why is this a hot deal.
Gas here at costco is $2.99.
I didn't know it was a hot deal, or i would have posted here.
You could have ordered a truck load.
Shipping might have killed the deal for you though.

horizon6 said:   http://newyorkgasprices.com/GasPriceSearch.aspx

Where's here?
At this Here its $2.89/gal.
As stated in post, YMMV.

Rogers Arkansas yesterday, $3.04 at Sams

Even cheaper at WalMart, with a WalMart shopping card

mpaluzzi said:   I believe I saw $3.73 today at the Gulf on North Avenue going towards Iona.......

Still $3.95 in northern Westchester.

I'm told by someone who lives in the area that the Gulf on North Avenue charges more for credit cards.

It's $3.75 in Mahopac (Putnam County). Not sure why but obviously one station there is causing the zone to be overly competitive.

LORENW said:   Rogers Arkansas yesterday, $3.04 at Sams

Even cheaper at WalMart, with a WalMart shopping card

.15 of till the end of the year at WalMart with their CC. Still save some the rest of the year. This is YMMV as some Murphy are independently owned.

our gas is 3.07 now...

i dont live in westminster new york will you put some in a grapefruit juice container and mail it to me??

It's $2.89/g in SC

$4.03 10 miles from New Rochelle.

Those who are talking about gas <$3/gallon. This is NY, we are talking about (and those who do not know, we Westchester folks pay highest property tax in the nation).

Savyasachi said:   $4.03 10 miles from New Rochelle.

Those who are talking about gas <$3/gallon. This is NY, we are talking about (and those who do not know, we Westchester folks pay highest property tax in the nation).

What the heck does that have to do with anything? We in the northwest burbs of Chicago pay high property taxes too (though not quite as high, on average, as Westchester), and over the past couple of years have had, at times, the highest gas prices in the country, and at other times among the lowest. Gas prices typically vary widely and inexplicably by region, and CostCo is often (though not always) among the lowest in an area.

Not sure why this is a topic. Gas prices in any particular area aren't really relevant to 99% of the rest of folks. Isn't this what *gasprices.com is for?

Chris.

BTW, there at least four other non-CostCo gas stations in New Rochelle at the same price. If you have one of the 5% CashBack Visa or M/C, you'd be much better off at one of those.

cpaynter said:   Savyasachi said:   $4.03 10 miles from New Rochelle.

What the heck does that have to do with anything? We in the northwest burbs of Chicago pay high property taxes too (though not quite as high, on average, as Westchester), and over the past couple of years have had the highest gas prices in the country, and among the lowest. Gas prices typically vary widely and inexplicably by region, and CostCo is often (though not always) among the lowest in an area.

Not sure why this is a topic. Gas prices in any particular area aren't really relevant to 99% of the rest of folks. Isn't this what *gasprices.com is for?

Chris.

BTW, there at least four other non-CostCo gas stations in New Rochelle at the same price. If you have one of the 5% CashBack Visa or M/C, you'd be much better off at one of those.

Yes, gas prices vary based on the commodity market prices which changes intraday and reflected at the pumps based on when the stations get deliveries. Comparisons need be made at the same time. In some cases, price-wars or using gasoline to sell products at associated stores/min-marts may affect prices too. But be careful about stating "same" price as driving by you may see a road-side sign reflecting a "cash" price and not realize that at the pump your credit card purchase may cost you 7-12 cents/gallon more wiping out much of your 5% credit card savings. Costco does not accept cash for gasoline and post one price for regular and one price for premium. If you have their 3% off gas personal or 4% off gas business true Earnings Am Ex credit card and use it to pay for the gasoline you get that back from Am Ex at the end of your card year.

P.S. itsme13 and Zombiehunter, please go away. You're already full of gas.

bout 3$ here come on down

please when you fools send me the good price gas in a grapefruit container, make sure you take all the grapefruit juice out of it. one you fools mailed me half gas half juice. hot diggity dogs, I like my greyhounds strong they stink up the place when they got gazz!!

cpaynter said:   BTW, there at least four other non-CostCo gas stations in New Rochelle at the same price. If you have one of the 5% CashBack Visa or M/C, you'd be much better off at one of those.I'd be willing to bet that every one of those stations charges 10c (or more) more for credit, which means you'd be losing the extra 2% credit card rebate (and more) paying for the surcharge.

billrubin said:   cpaynter said:   BTW, there at least four other non-CostCo gas stations in New Rochelle at the same price. If you have one of the 5% CashBack Visa or M/C, you'd be much better off at one of those.I'd be willing to bet that every one of those stations charges 10c (or more) more for credit, which means you'd be losing the extra 2% credit card rebate (and more) paying for the surcharge.

Yes, and has been a problem to the extent that one NY County (includes New Rochelle) passed a law last year requiring when gas stations have road side price signs they must indicate differences in cash vs. credit prices.

Of course you still need to look carefully at the signs as you need to identify the cash/credit price difference and differences in price for grades of gas (regular, plus, premium) and in some case self vs. "full" service.

Costco makes it simple. Members only, two prices - one for regular octane gasoline and one for premium octane gasoline.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014