• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I've been kicking myself at missing some great deals lately on the Sonicare Flexcare R910 toothbrush (HX6911/02) first at Kohls, then at BB&B. But with Kohls, part of the "deal" was locked up in Kohls dollars, which doesn't really help me since I don't shop at Kohls regularly, and the BB&B deal had a rebate attached to it. This deal is a pretty good alternative IMO because it involves neither rebates nor store currency. It's just a nice, low out the door price, and there's no waiting for delivery. It's slightly YMMV, however, as it involves the manager needing to approve the matching of the B&M price with the price on their website, including their current Friends & Family discount. I had NO problem getting the manger at my local B&M to do that, but I suppose YMMV.

Walgreens is having their Friends & Family weekend, and everything on the site is 15% off. As soon as you hit their homepage they give you a code to enter at checkout.

Additionally, there is a $15 manufacturer coupon available on this Facebook page: https://apps.facebook.com/stickwithtechnology/ . "Like" the page, and a pop-up will appear. Enter your email address, and you will be emailed 2 coupons, a $15 and a $10 coupon. The $15 coupon works with the Flexcare model toothbrush.

Problem is that online you can't use the manufacturer coupon.

So I went to the B&M this evening. The Flexcare is normally $159.99. It's currently on sale for $99.99 in the store. The manager told me that he'd happily match the Friends & Family discount on their website when I mentioned it. So the Friends & Family discount reduced the price to $84.99. Then he applied the $15 manufacturer coupon I had brought with me, and the price came out to $69.99 plus tax. I also received 10,000 points ($10) on my balance rewards account, which can be used on a future purchase.

If you're worried about the reliability of your new Sonicare, a 3-year Squaretrade warranty on this item, after the 40% off Facebook discount (see http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1240333/ ), is only $6.59. Nice price for those who want the peace of mind.

-----------------
Note: Thanks FwNewbE for the heads-up: Walgreens.com is now offering 20% off all beauty and personal care items. So the final price for the deal has gone down to $64.99 now.

Member Summary

Philips Sonicare FlexCare R910 Rechargeable Toothbrush HX6911/02
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Pretty cool deal. Thanks for sharing. Don't kick yourself but starting today through Saturday Dec 8th, you get 20% off beauty and personal care which includes the sonicare toothbrushes. $5 less but you would need a tinny filler to get to $75 before tax in order to get the 10k points.

Funny you should mention that... after opening my Sonicare today I noticed that the toothbrush head that came with it won't snap onto the toothbrush (and will fall off when the toothbrush runs). After googling the issue, it seems that it's semi-common that some of the toothbrush heads do that (quality control issue). So since this is a brand new toothbrush, I'm going back to Walgreens and will either exchange the unit or return and rebuy - at which time I'll be asking for that additional 5% to match the website. price.

I'm not sure about needing the filler, though - they might be taking the pre-coupon total because during my original purchase I got the 10,000 points with my after-coupon total being only $69.99.

Edit: Just came back from Walgreens. Did a return and rebuy with the 20% price match to the website + manufacturer coupon. No filler required, I still have 10,000 points from the transaction (it seems to use the pre-coupon amount, which was $79.99). Difference in price was credited to my credit card, which was fine with me.

For today only, Walgreens also has a 20% discount available for everyone 55 years+ on everything in the store. I'm not in that age bracket, but it might be possible to stack that 20% off with this deal, depending on the clerk or manager you get. YMMV.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014