• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples has the McAfee Total Protection 2013 for Windows (1-User) for sale for $46. There is a $49 rebate which makes this a $3 MM. Add the $5 off of $30 coupon which is "34536" to make it a $8 MM. Also this qualifies for Free shipping.

$46-5=$41-$49(Rebate) = $8MM(Also if you use shopdiscover you get the 5% for Staples and another 5% for purchasing online.)

http://www.staples.com/McAfee-Total-Protection-2013-for-Windows-...

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

McAfee Total Protection 2013 for Windows
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I think they have some people that they are rejecting. I also have 2 rebates in the system that are valid that were $0 a... (more)

billrubin (Dec. 05, 2012 @ 9:47p) |

I had the insert in the box for about a $20 prepaid visa card. Any tips on signing up for that? Are you charged?

pezgarden (Dec. 09, 2012 @ 11:26a) |

My rebate just showed up as valid for $49. I'll probably stop doing McAfee rebates for a while as I don't want to push m... (more)

billrubin (Dec. 25, 2012 @ 10:40p) |

Presubmit your rebate HERE
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

this needs more love!

Shopdiscover is no go (Software excluded)

It looks like McAfee himself needs "total protection" these days. Maybe Norton could help him out.

Presubmit rebate 12-27586 HERE

Also, be aware that McAfee may enforce a one rebate/product/person/year limit even if the rebate offer number is different. Fortunately this is the 2013 software, so it hasn't been around very long and most people probably haven't done a rebate for it yet.

I agree as I have personally seen McAfee fail to prevent infections on two computers that previously had Norton after both owners went from Comcast to U-Verse.

IamN41 said:   Presubmit rebate 12-27586 HERE

Also, be aware that McAfee may enforce a one rebate/product/person/year limit even if the rebate offer number is different. Fortunately this is the 2013 software, so it hasn't been around very long and most people probably haven't done a rebate for it yet.

Has this actually happened to anyone? I've submitted and received 15+ McAfee rebates in the past year, mostly for the same product, with a 100% success rate.

Also, the last 2 McAfee products I bought had a card inside for another $20 rebate for signing up for Always On. You don't have to install the software.

matrix5k said:   
Has this actually happened to anyone?

Hasn't happened to me, but several people on other threads have reported it happening to them. The rebate is invalidated with the message, "your rebate submission did not pass our audit process" or something like that. At least one person reported they were able to get their rebate validated "as a one time courtesy" after getting that rejection.

Caveat Emptor

I have 4 pending McAfee rebates. I hope they don't reject any.

Tax kinda kills the deal. It went from an $8MM to a $4MM w/tax factored in.

scoutconnor said:   Tax kinda kills the deal. It went from an $8MM to a $4MM w/tax factored in.

Get the download version and choose store pick up in a no sales tax state (DE, OR, a few others).

Words in the rebate form say, "Rebate amount paid to customer for single or combined rebate offers may not exceed the purchase price of the McAfee product." So, I think I'll end up getting only $46 back. (Glad I used the $5 coupon to make my price $41.)

Got the download version and my receipt didn't include sales tax. Hope they don't add it later or my expected rebate will go down by another $3.57. <$49 less the rebate terms that say purchase price only = $46, less $3.57 tax = $42.43, less $41 price = $1.43 profit, plus 3% credit card reward (1.38) = final rebate of $2.81. Oh well, positive numbers are always good.

3 user FAR at Frys

miqie said:   It looks like McAfee himself needs "total protection" these days. Maybe Norton could help him out.

The crazy bastard went from making a fortune on ineffective bloatware to researching efficient ways to metabolize bath salts via the rectal insertion method.

dukerau said:   scoutconnor said:   Tax kinda kills the deal. It went from an $8MM to a $4MM w/tax factored in.

Get the download version and choose store pick up in a no sales tax state (DE, OR, a few others).

Be careful, coupons are not allowed to be used with Downloads per Staples T&C's....they can remove your $5 coupon, and then it's not that great a deal.

matrix5k said:   IamN41 said:   Presubmit rebate 12-27586 HERE

Has this actually happened to anyone? I've submitted and received 15+ McAfee rebates in the past year, mostly for the same product, with a 100% success rate.

Also, the last 2 McAfee products I bought had a card inside for another $20 rebate for signing up for Always On. You don't have to install the software.

Nope. Already approved for duplicates of the 2013 versions.

GonzoZap said:   3 user FAR at Frys

that's ok

I'd rather MM
and
I need to convert rewards

but thanks

much thanks!

IamN41 said:   Presubmit rebate 12-27586 HERE

Why are you spreading nonsense. Red for you.

thanks OP in for 1. Worked

BMT9168 said:   I agree as I have personally seen McAfee fail to prevent infections on two computers that previously had Norton after both owners went from Comcast to U-Verse.

ditto, about 20-30 infections it failed to prevent on my kids computers, my in-laws computers, and my neighborhood friends. At first MalwareBytes was the savior of these “MacAfee protected” computers but Malwarebytes lost its potency against recent infections. HitMan Pro was the savior more recently, from url surfright.nl.

Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows-Defender are free and better. Still not much better than MacAfee as I have seen at least one root-kit infection with those also. At least Microsoft Security Essentials warned me about the root-kit though. But it was unable to remove it. Used trial HitMan Pro to remove it then.

Not sure about Norton never tried it.

After all my experience with malware I'm running Microsoft Security Essentials.
But I would run HitMan Pro - surfright.nl, if I wanted to pay for it. Trial good enough for 30 days and one virus removal.
I will not use MacAfee again anytime soon as I've seen too many infections while it was installed.

Will this protect me against the Belize police? (in case you live under a rock http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/12/world/americas/belize-mcafee-killi...

lray said:   Will this protect me against the Belize police? (in case you live under a rock http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/12/world/americas/belize-mcafee-killi...

only if Mr. McAfee provides you a disguise

jenslo77 said:   Words in the rebate form say, "Rebate amount paid to customer for single or combined rebate offers may not exceed the purchase price of the McAfee product." So, I think I'll end up getting only $46 back. (Glad I used the $5 coupon to make my price $41.)Warning: reading and believing the fine print in rebate forms can lead to one looking foolish in threads like this. At least you didn't say you'd only be paid the $41.

matrix5k said:   IamN41 said:   Presubmit rebate 12-27586 HERE

I hope you're right...

IamN41 said:
Spooie asked:
Yes - It's happened to me. In 2010 I got +/- 17 rebates for McAfee Total Protection. In 2011 I got +/- 12 Total Protection rebates, then received the "Your rebate request did not process our audit process" on the next one. Now, with the very first 2013 McAfee rebate I sent in I got the illustrious "Your rebate request did not process our audit process" denial.

THanks OP, I will go for a price match for last weeks purchase.

vsfoxe said:   IamN41 said:
Spooie asked:
Yes - It's happened to me. In 2010 I got +/- 17 rebates for McAfee Total Protection. In 2011 I got +/- 12 Total Protection rebates, then received the "Your rebate request did not process our audit process" on the next one. Now, with the very first 2013 McAfee rebate I sent in I got the illustrious "Your rebate request did not process our audit process" denial.

What happened then? Did you call back and get it approved? Thanks for the answer.

Error *Coupon code - Invalid coupon.

CSREwallet said:   Error *Coupon code - Invalid coupon.Yeah, I guess the coupon was only valid Sunday. Watch for another $5 off coupon later in the week. Does anyone know if the in-store price is also wrong ($46)? If so, the 10% off coupon could be almost as good a deal.

Does this version include total protection from the police? I may need to disappear from the Belize 5-0.

PhortyninerPhil said:   Does this version include total protection from the police? I may need to disappear from the Belize 5-0.Only if your last name is McAfee. In that case, it comes with a free disguise, too.

BTW does he even own the company anymore? Or is his name still on it like with Norton.

billrubin said:   CSREwallet said:   Error *Coupon code - Invalid coupon.Yeah, I guess the coupon was only valid Sunday. Watch for another $5 off coupon later in the week. Does anyone know if the in-store price is also wrong ($46)? If so, the 10% off coupon could be almost as good a deal.
I want to use St@ples GC. Is ordering download version from store terminal for store pick up in DE w/ 10% best choice right now?

billrubin said:   PhortyninerPhil said:   Does this version include total protection from the police? I may need to disappear from the Belize 5-0.Only if your last name is McAfee. In that case, it comes with a free disguise, too.

BTW does he even own the company anymore? Or is his name still on it like with Norton.

I don't think he runs the company, no. Just got his name.

And I'm stupid, someone else made the same joke earlier, haha. Great minds think alike.

Any way we can use Staples Gift Card on online purchase?

Airtouch said:   Any way we can use Staples Gift Card on online purchase?Yes order at the kiosk in the store and pay at the register. But you cannot use online only coupons when doing that. A kiosk order is an online order with the option to pay at the register.

CSREwallet said:   billrubin said:   CSREwallet said:   Error *Coupon code - Invalid coupon.Yeah, I guess the coupon was only valid Sunday. Watch for another $5 off coupon later in the week. Does anyone know if the in-store price is also wrong ($46)? If so, the 10% off coupon could be almost as good a deal.
I want to use St@ples GC. Is ordering download version from store terminal for store pick up in DE w/ 10% best choice right now?

Kiosk orders can't order download versions.

$5 off $30 is no longer working :/ Anyone have a new code?

Skipping 4 Messages...
My rebate just showed up as valid for $49. I'll probably stop doing McAfee rebates for a while as I don't want to push my luck! I paid almost entirely with Rewards.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014