• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
New not refurbished. It doesn't get great reviews and some have issues with CowBoom but it is pretty cheap. $27 right now on Amazon.

Link

CowBoom
See CowBoom discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Belkin F7D1301 (6.15kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Good deal

Belkin routers come pre-configured with WPA2-PSK security, and a little cardboard tag (also printed on router) with the SSID and password. Very easy to set up.

I bought some refurb Belkin N150 routers from Newegg for $13 FS some time back. One was bad, two were good. I forget, I might have bought four of them.

The ones I bought had Realtek chipsets, and appeared to be N300 hardware, that was locked to N150 via firmware. (It shows up as using two 20Mhz channels on INSSIDer.) So these contribute to wifi congestion for no reason.

limit 1?

I bought a few last time and installed ddwrt. they should be rock solid after that.

scamiam said:   I bought a few last time and installed ddwrt. they should be rock solid after that.

No DD-WRT for these?

http://infodepot.wikia.com/wiki/Belkin_F7D1301_v1

scamiam said:   I bought a few last time and installed ddwrt. they should be rock solid after that.
Are you sure these can handle ddwrt? Please post the link. I think you are mistaken. You must have had a different model.

Definitely better than $19.95 shipped from when the FW MOD tried to claim it was a best deal a month or so ago. Good price for a basic N router... ASSUMING it works well without modifying.
IMO though you should pay a little more for te N300 at ~$20 or dual band N600 at ~$30 that are both capable of loading ddwrt/tomato firmware, if you can find them that is.
A quick search shows the N300 share (with USB port for printer/HDD) is $24 on Amazon from 3rd party.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045HG53K
Don't see any current deals on the N600.

I wish it could get dd wrt.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014