Free Infamous 2 for PS3 - PS+ members

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Went into the Playstation Store today to check out some free games with my PlayStation Plus membership and lo and behold there was inFamous 2!

Yeah, for free!

Per the press release below you can see the news that Sony is now guaranteeing subscribers free games.

Nice!

Now I just gotta wait 5-6 hours for the download. Hey still free!

Member Summary

infamous 2 (148.58kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Been free for ages now. This is old news.

Maybe but it hasn't been posted so I thought to share it. Still worth about $20 if someone was consider buying it.

how is PSN plus member having some old game for free a deal? you paid the monthly fee.

timts said:   how is PSN plus member having some old game for free a deal? you paid the monthly fee.

The game is $20 in the stores. Or pay $18 for three months of PS+, which is plenty of time to beat the game three ways to Sunday, plus the auto updates, cloud storage, discounts, trials, and other free games released for those three months. It's a deal. A 6-month old deal though.

ferndave said:   timts said:   how is PSN plus member having some old game for free a deal? you paid the monthly fee.

The game is $20 in the stores. Or pay $18 for three months of PS+, which is plenty of time to beat the game three ways to Sunday, plus the auto updates, cloud storage, discounts, trials, and other free games released for those three months. It's a deal. A 6-month old deal though.

It's a deal if you were planning to buy the game for $20 and you don't care about not owning it after the 3 month PS+ subscription expires.

namlook said:   
It's a deal if you were planning to buy the game for $20 and you don't care about not owning it after the 3 month PS+ subscription expires.

That's if you ignore the other benefits of PS+. I bought a game the other day for 50% off which slashed the cost of the membership. I also love not having to wait for system or game updates because they are done while I'm sleeping. I'm a cheap ass and get a lot out of buying 3-months of PS+ once or twice a year.

If you add up all the games that PS+ gives you, it's a really good deal. Borderlands, Resident Evil 5, Little Big Planet 2, etc.

You might have some of them, but it's unlikely you will have them all. I got the annual subscription and I never run out of things to play.

YMMV, of course.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014