• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Feel free to call Sprint to change your SERO/SERO Premium plan to the Wireless Advantage Rate (WAR) Plan.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/advantage_club/?ECID=vanity:advan...

Sprint
See Sprint discounts that earn Up to $125.00 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

sprint
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

looks like I can go from paying $40 for SERO Premium + extra $10 for smartphone to $30 for WAR + extra $10. Are there any downsides to switching to WAR?

Did you sign up for this Advantage Club plan? If so, how, and were you already/ever on SERO/SERO-P?

Some terms may not suit...

"Data/Web: Premium content/downloads (games, ringers, songs, certain channels, etc.) are additional charges. Texts to third parties to participate in promotions or other may result in additional charges."

"Voice/Data Usage Limitation: Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to limit throughput speeds and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 minutes or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 MB or a majority of KB."

"3G/4G Connection Plan: Includes 6 GB or 12 GB of on-network data usage and 300 MB of off-network data usage. Additional on-network data usage: $0.05/MB. Additional off-network usage above 300 MB/mo.: $0.25/MB. 1,024 KB equal 1 MB. 1,024 MB equal 1 GB. No plan discounts apply."

"Upon termination of employment, Advantage Club accounts must be transferred to consumer accounts. Migration from current Sprint consumer accounts to Advantage Club is currently limited to 2 lines per employee per calendar year."

I'm on this, it's called the Sprint Wireless Advantage Club (SWAC), and it's an employee aka "sponsor" plan.

An active employee is able to enroll a certain number of lines under this.
The employee aka sponsor is financially responsible for all charges and balances.

If the employee leaves the company, the lines will (eventually) have to move over to a non Advantage Club account.
Typically, it would be the SERO (yes, the same SERO that is no longer available).

OP, have you done this? Are you a Sprint employee?

The details indicate that in order to do this, you have to be sponsored by a Sprint employee whom is control of the account. How would current SERO-P subscribers do this and still maintain total control over their accounts?

You actually need to know someone who works for Sprint, that trusts you, to get this.

"How can Sprint afford to offer this package to employee friends and family? By making the employee liable for each Advantage Club subscriber."

Yeah, that's what I figured. This is no good for someone that is currently on SERO-P that doesn't know an employee.

I've missed that whole paragraph:

Sprint said: Account Liability How can Sprint afford to offer this package to employee friends and family? By making the employee liable for each Advantage Club subscriber. By inviting you to join the Advantage Club, your Sprint Employee Sponsor is trusting you to make timely payments on your charges - because if you don't, he or she will be liable for these charges. By making the employee the account owner, however, Sprint is able to offer Advantage Club subscribers significant discounts not available to the general public.

Doesn't look like there's a way for SERO customers to jump to this plan, unless there's someone at Sprint willing to take on liability for your line.

Only a handful of people will be able to take advantage of this.

Used to be on SERO. Now $40 "unimited everything" (2.5 gig data throttle back) Boost Android prepaid plan.

this was a terrible thing to post due to the fact that every FW member is going to "look" in this thread and maybe 2% will actually benefit from it.
This is like saying "hey guys, if you know someone that works at (insert name) and you are friendly with them you might be able to get their employee discount"

I don't see much difference then Sero except that this available for open enrollment. It has one major problem though, it's on the Sprint network. Most of their network still suffers from slow data speeds <1Mbps. When I had it last year, I was getting dial up speeds. I was a Sprint user since 2005, the network went to crap 3 years ago. They kept saying they were working on it but I got tired of waiting. I now Payless, see speeds of 5-8Mbps, have a Note2 and have yet to have a billing issue. Happy ex-Sero user here.

gedster314 said:   Happy ex-Sero user here.Ditto.
WalMart $30 plan FTW

I don't see much difference then Sero except that this available for open enrollment. It has one major problem though, it's on the Sprint network. Most of their network still suffers from slow data speeds <1Mbps. When I had it last year, I was getting dial up speeds. I was a Sprint user since 2005, the network went to crap 3 years ago. They kept saying they were working on it but I got tired of waiting. I now Payless, see speeds of 5-8Mbps, have a Note2 and have yet to have a billing issue. Happy ex-Sero user here.

gedster314 said:   I don't see much difference then Sero except that this available for open enrollment. It has one major problem though, it's on the Sprint network. Most of their network still suffers from slow data speeds <1Mbps. When I had it last year, I was getting dial up speeds. I was a Sprint user since 2005, the network went to crap 3 years ago. They kept saying they were working on it but I got tired of waiting. I now Payless, see speeds of 5-8Mbps, have a Note2 and have yet to have a billing issue. Happy ex-Sero user here.

Whose service are you using? How much are you paying? What terms?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014