• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-one-v/

A special offer for you : Get 25 GB of Dropbox space free for two years*

Get 25 GB of Dropbox space free for two years

With Dropbox integrated into HTC Sense, you can automatically save all your photos and videos to Dropbox – and access and share all your pictures directly from the Gallery. Dropbox also makes it easy to edit and share files while you are on the go, so you never have to email yourself a document again. To discover all that Dropbox can do, sign-up or log-in to Dropbox on your HTC phone and receive 25 GB of Dropbox space free for two years.

*Please visit the Dropbox site for full Terms and Conditions of the offer
*Offer only available on HTC One series. Offer not available in China.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/249/en

Promotion details

For HTC smartphones with HTC Sense 4.0 and 4+, the promotion is available to the first user who (a) registers for Dropbox through the on-boarding experience on an HTC Sense 4.0 or 4+ smartphone pre-loaded with the Dropbox application and (b) completes Dropbox’s "Get Started" guide. The promotion is for a single Dropbox personal plan account to receive, for 2 years, an additional 23GB of storage space in addition to the storage space Dropbox offers to users with a free account (currently 2GB). Each user is only eligible for one promotion of this type for a single account. When the 2-year promotion period ends, the user's Dropbox service will automatically downgrade to the current amount of free storage space offered to all users with free accounts unless the user signs up for a Dropbox Pro or Teams subscription. Use of Dropbox is subject to the Dropbox Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, and other terms available at http://www.dropbox.com/terms. Promotion not available in China. For HTC Sense 4.0 smartphones, promotion expires December 31, 2013. For HTC Sense 4+ smartphones, promotion expires June 30, 2014.
FYI the ONE V from VM that I just received is SENSE 4.0

For HTC smartphones with HTC Sense 3.5 or 3.6, the promotion is available to the first user who (a) registers for Dropbox through the HTC Sense 3.5 or 3.6 smartphone pre-loaded with the Dropbox application and (b) completes Dropbox's "Get Started" guide. The promotion is for a single Dropbox personal plan account to receive, for 1 year, an additional 3GB of storage space in addition to the storage space Dropbox offers to users with a free account (currently 2GB). When the 1-year promotion period ends, the user's Dropbox service will automatically downgrade to the current amount of free storage space offered to all users with free accounts unless the user signs up for a Dropbox Pro or Teams subscription. Use of Dropbox is subject to the Dropbox Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, and other terms available at http://www.dropbox.com/terms. Promotion not available in China. Promotion expires December 31, 2012.

Looking at the automatic downgrade I have concern - since my account is "bonused" up to 9GB currently through referral bonuses - I do not know if that would be affected by the downgrade in these Terms and Conditions - but since I have multiple accounts, I'm not going to take that chance - as it will take 2 years to "test this theory" but for those of you that may have just the standard 2GB - this could be good for you for a couple years!

Member Summary

dropbox
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HTC
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I got my phone in the mail yesterday and tried it out. Signed in with my existing account and got an email from Dropbox about 30 minutes later stating they added 23 gb to my account. I already had 5 gb so that puts me up to 28 gb. Guess that means it's a separate promo and you won't lose your existing bonus. Pretty sweet deal!

So what happens when the promo time is up on the storage, do they hold your files for ransom?

You don't lose anything. You just can't add anything new until you free up space.

Text

My dad's phone worked fine, but mine did not (2 separate households and accounts). I have sent an e-mail to dropbox, but they are not known fr being responsive.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014