• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Walmart
See Walmart promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Compare Nine Stars 13.2-Gallon Stainless Steel Oval Sensored Trash Can with Stainless Steel Lid at: ebay, Google, FatWallet, Amazon
  • Also categorized in:

I owned one's of these, very inconvience!

Please explain

Tangosd said:   I owned one's of these, very inconvience!

pjrxj said:   Please explain

Tangosd said:   I owned one's of these, very inconvience!

perfectly clear to me!

My parents own this model. They've had it 3 or 4 years now and love it. Don't understand what is inconvenient about it. If for some reason you need to turn the lid "off" you need to remove the lid to access the switch. Maybe that is the 'inconvience'?

Anyone with suggestions for an additional $5 'home-free' item to qualify for free shipping?

Had one of these; the sensor stopped working two months later. It still opens by manually pushing the open button, but that defeats the purpose. The electronics on this are cheap.

Haohmaru said:   Anyone with suggestions for an additional $5 'home-free' item to qualify for free shipping?Buy a gift card and then use the card on what you want later. No need to buy an item just to qualify for free shipping.

I have had this one for 4 yrs, and I love it. It stopped working after a year. I checked and found out it didn't work because the water was in the battery. So, I cleaned it, and it has been working since then.

roocky said:   I have had this one for 4 yrs, and I love it. It stopped working after a year. I checked and found out it didn't work because the water was in the battery. So, I cleaned it, and it has been working since then.

Some particular water was in the battery? Do you throw cups of water at it, or just special notable cups of the water at it?

In for one. Not bad for the price.

RhizzleBop said:   roocky said:   I have had this one for 4 yrs, and I love it. It stopped working after a year. I checked and found out it didn't work because the water was in the battery. So, I cleaned it, and it has been working since then.

Some particular water was in the battery? Do you throw cups of water at it, or just special notable cups of the water at it?

I have the same problem with mine on occasion. If your trash has something in it that creates condensation (ex. potato peals), you'll get water building up on the lid and into the battery compartment. As roocky mentioned, you have to clean it and dry it out, and it will come back to life.

AZPhil said:   If your trash has something in it that creates condensation (ex. potato peals)...But if the potato peals, wouldn't that be a warning of sorts?

Rolled the dice on this, figure its worth a shot at that price. Thanks OP

Got mine and I absolutely love it. Great trash can for the price.

Got mine as well. Love it! Thanks OP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014