• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Canon PowerShot S100 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide-Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Black)

Price: $249.00 Shipped + Eligible for free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime.

S100 on Amazon.com

Member Summary

Canon PowerShot S100
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

SpuTTer916 said:   Canon PowerShot S100 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide-Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Black)

Price: $249.00 Shipped + Eligible for free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime.

S100 on Amazon.com

From a recent review on Amazon:

The CANON web site has admitted that there was a mechanical lens flaw in a series of Powershot S100 cameras. They even listed the serial numbers of the flawed run. S/N starting with 29xxx through 41xxx. This is my second S100; the first is S/N 46xxx and is a dream to use. Ordered a second; it arrived; lens error; S/N 41xxxx.

I ordered one on Black Friday and got serial number 48xxx. I haven't heard of anyone getting serial numbers in the effected range recently.

Was $229 on Black Friday. Still a good price for a great camera.

Canon S100 W/Case
Disclaimer
mine (BF) is #47xxxxxxxxxx no problems..............

From the last time I looked at it, the lens issue is 100% covered by Canon even out of warranty. The worst consequence you could possibly suffer is sending it in for repair.
The reason these are on sale is to clear out inventory for the newer version, not dump bad product.

Cluster said:   mine (BF) is #47xxxxxxxxxx no problems.............. Same with me. By the way, how do you like that case? I've been looking around for one after BF and that's one of the ones I've considered. I'm not sure I particularly like the two-piece construction, but it looks like a nice solid case.

Love the case for the $5 I paid for it. looks and feels like leather ( but isn't ) when the top part is open the top part can easily fall off, the rivet really isn't that strong.when closed there are a total of 3 snap rivets holding it in place.
the bottom goes on securely and will protect the camera...

Cluster said:   Love the case for the $5 I paid for it. looks and feels like leather ( but isn't ) when the top part is open the top part can easily fall off, the rivet really isn't that strong.when closed there are a total of 3 snap rivets holding it in place.
the bottom goes on securely and will protect the camera...
Thanks, I appreciate that! Does it add a lot of bulk? Is it still "pocketable" with the case on?

case
Disclaimer

case
Disclaimer
ya still a pocket camera , I did a quick look and didnt see any more of this exact case but google canon s95 or s100 camera case to see similar ones.........

Adorama is price-matching now -- useful for states where Amazon charges sales tax! Adorama only charges tax for NY and NJ.

Canon S100 in black

They have it in silver, too (same price).

Green for you good sir

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014