• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
It's Papa John's Customer Appreciation Days! We want to reward all our loyal customers with 50% off all pizzas at PapaJohns.com! That's right, 50% off all pizza orders, today through Sunday, December 9th!

Papa John's thanks all of our loyal customers for your business!

Use the promotion code DEC50

Offer expires 12/9/2012

Offer available Online Only!

Member Summary

papa johns (196.73kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
He didn't say that PJ's didn't provide any health care but they will be required to provide it in a way that will comply... (more)

SigX (Dec. 09, 2012 @ 11:56a) |

Perhaps. That's a risk I'm willing to take on this one for the sake of free-flowing information. The more aware our comm... (more)

VBMcGB (Dec. 09, 2012 @ 12:33p) |

The reporter, asked him to guess if franchises might do that. He gave a very honest answer. I think it would be more i... (more)

riznick (Dec. 10, 2012 @ 3:28a) |

But NOT employee appreciation, since they're now going to be "forced" to provide adequate healthcare coverage to their workers. We'll give red to GoDaddy because of their SOPA support... why not red Papa John's out of existence for their anti-worker-benefit stance?

/wait for the red for my post

not working here in the mid-south area

labboypro said:   But NOT employee appreciation, since they're now going to be "forced" to provide adequate healthcare coverage to their workers. We'll give red to GoDaddy because of their SOPA support... why not red Papa John's out of existence for their anti-worker-benefit stance?

Well, this is a deals site and not a political one that's why (and I never gave red to GD either based on their politics). While I do not agree with PJ's stance re their employee health care this is a decent deal for their pizza and so I gave green. Let's keep the politics off this site please (there's enough of that nonsense elsewhere on the net) and simply give red for bad deals instead of how we might personally feel about the company or their policies. Don't like the company? Don't get the deal. Simple.

Now I'm waiting for MY red from the politicos here (but hoping for green from those who actually come to this site for deals).

bugsie said:   Now I'm waiting for MY red from the politicos here (but hoping for green from those who actually come to this site for deals).

It isn't politics, so much, IMO. While everyone wants a good deal, we (probably) also want healthy people putting those pizzas together. Maybe not. Good luck with it.

I consider discussion of merchant ethics to be important. Many people take that into consideration when buying products. I encourage our members to bring up issues with merchants as much as they do with products.

Nonetheless, I don't want this thread to become bogged down with discussion of employee-employer relations. If you have something to say about this, please keep it limited. Say your piece (assuming it hasn't already been said by someone else) and move on to other discussable aspects of the deal.

I'm placing this thread under moderation to keep everything balanced.

Not working here in Florida. These PJ codes appear to be really hit and miss.

no worky in NC

No go in MN

http://abiteofpizza.com/ - search current papa johns and domino coupon codes for zip code.

IndianInUSA said:   http://abiteofpizza.com/ - search current papa johns and domino coupon codes for zip code.This gives only the regular promotions, not the special promotions.

yes. i think the customer appreciation day is based on region/shop. not necessary that all the shops across the nation (as i interpreted from the title) will participate on the same day!

Even after the discount Mama Cozzi pizza looks more cheaper then Pappa Jones pizza?

labboypro said:   But NOT employee appreciation, since they're now going to be "forced" to provide adequate healthcare coverage to their workers. We'll give red to GoDaddy because of their SOPA support... why not red Papa John's out of existence for their anti-worker-benefit stance?

Where do you think the money would magically come from to "provide adequate healthcare coverage to their workers"? By charging customers higher prices. The whole purpose of a hot deals forum is to pay as little as possible so that a consumer can get the most bang for their buck, not to transfer wealth from consumers to employees.

Papa John's isn't the only one with such a stance. There's lots of other pizza takeout places and retailers discussed here on Hot Deals that do not pay a living wage or offer healthcare benefits to employees. A lot of them are probably involved with PACs/lobbying in the same vein...but they are not so vocal about it.

scottxmso said:   Papa John's isn't the only one with such a stance.

Agreed, and as a consumer (and as the mod mentions above), I factor in their business practices in my purchase decisions as well. I'm looking for the best value proposition, not ONLY absolute lowest price. I want a deal like the next person, but if that "deal" gets me sick because a company doesn't use basic sanitation practices, then that kind of ruins the deal. I'd rather pay "extra" for a pizza that comes from a store that is sanitary, if indeed, it costs "extra" for them to be sanitary. If I save a buck because the pizza shop uses fake cheese, then it's not really a deal. I'd rather pay "extra" for real cheese on my pizza. It's not much different than our paper towel surface area versus paper towel effectiveness discussions... one is cheaper than the other, but that does not always mean better value. Similarly (though not exactly the same), I'd like for workers to be appropriately treated. And if that costs "extra," so be it. I don't need my "deals" to weigh too heavily on the backs of others.

labboypro said:    I don't need my "deals" to weigh too heavily on the backs of others. All deals weigh on the back of someone. Any discount comes out of profit, whether it falls on the back of a small company owner, shareholders of a corporation, or employees in the form of stagnant wages or benefits. No such thing as a free lunch, it comes out of someone's pocket. I feel sorry for all those who funded my FAR purchases.

Coupon code does not work for me, and it appears it's only good at about 50 stores: http://abiteofpizza.com/papajohns/code/dec50

If you want better pay and/or benefits, find another job. Don't ask the govt to force someone to give it to you.

brettdoyle said:   Where do you think the money would magically come from to "provide adequate healthcare coverage to their workers"? By charging customers higher prices. The whole purpose of a hot deals forum is to pay as little as possible so that a consumer can get the most bang for their buck, not to transfer wealth from consumers to employees.

It's true! Papa John himself said it would increase the price of a large piza by something like 15 whole cents! Not exactly a "transfer of wealth" there (and besides that money was to cover their insurance and wouldn't go into the pockets of the workers at PJ).

As to "basic sanitation practices", well all I can say is that those have ZERO to do with the health insurance issue. I'm absolutely sure that all PJ employees are told to wash their hands after using the facilities and to cover mouth /nose when coughing/sneezing.

labboypro said:   But NOT employee appreciation, since they're now going to be "forced" to provide adequate healthcare coverage to their workers. We'll give red to GoDaddy because of their SOPA support... why not red Papa John's out of existence for their anti-worker-benefit stance? The reason not to red Papa John is because you are completely wrong on your facts. Papa John has _always_ provided health insurance to its own employees. The misrepresented quotes come from a discussion in which he merely speculated as to what the _franchisees_ MIGHT do. You are spreading BS.

"Papa John's, like most businesses, is still researching what the Affordable Care Act means to our operations," he wrote. "Regardless of the conclusion of our analysis, we will honor this law, as we do all laws, and continue to offer 100 percent of Papa John's corporate employees and workers in company-owned stores health insurance as we have since the company was founded in 1984."

Your premise is a lie. I challenge you to educate yourself on the facts before responding. Don't be a mindless sheep.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-h-schnatter/papa-johns-obamac...

http://www.papajohns.com/careers/benefits_02.shtm
Health, Future and Life Benefits

Medical Insurance
Dental Insurance
Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Accounts
Paid Vacation
Paid Sick Time
Paid Holidays
401(k) Plan
Life Insurance
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Supplemental Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Educational Assistance Program
Group Legal Services
Employee Assistance Program
Adoption Assistance Program
Travel Assistance

Employee Perks

Papa's Perks - includes discounts to health clubs, amusement parks and many other attractions.
Direct Deposit
Free Parking
Pizza Discounts
Paid Volunteer Service Day
On-Site Fitness Center
Training and Recognition Programs
Weekly Pay
Variety of wellness programs

Riznick pointed to a simple example of what puzzles me about VBM's "venture out" in this topic. Why allow politics in simple deals?

doesn't work in Chicago

SinglePapa said:   Riznick pointed to a simple example of what puzzles me about VBM's "venture out" in this topic. Why allow politics in simple deals?Good question. I'm not really allowing politics in the deal discussion. It just so happens that the question of employer-employee relations happens to be intimately connected with a particular political issue. That article elaborates on related perceptions and misperceptions. Does that help?

Didn't work in California

Didn't work in northern Illinois. :-/

No go for DEC50 or 9413 in 08690.

Try code "9413" for online 50% off

Is this code working for anyone?

Not working in Atlanta and from the looks of it, it's not working anywhere.

works in northern nj

Tried code 9413. No go.
Out of curiosity , if someone claims to have a working code - can you please put your zip code with the code? I'd like to be able to run a test pass (without actually completing the order) to see why I can't get any of these codes to work.

Worked for me in NJ too

VBMcGB said:   SinglePapa said:   Riznick pointed to a simple example of what puzzles me about VBM's "venture out" in this topic. Why allow politics in simple deals?Good question. I'm not really allowing politics in the deal discussion. It just so happens that the question of employer-employee relations happens to be intimately connected with a particular political issue. That article elaborates on related perceptions and misperceptions. Does that help?

Actually discussion of employer-employee relations by people outside of a business seems to always be politically motivated.

riznick said:   labboypro said:   But NOT employee appreciation, since they're now going to be "forced" to provide adequate healthcare coverage to their workers. We'll give red to GoDaddy because of their SOPA support... why not red Papa John's out of existence for their anti-worker-benefit stance?

Your premise is a lie. I challenge you to educate yourself on the facts before responding. Don't be a mindless sheep.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-h-schnatter/papa-johns-obamac...
He didn't say that PJ's didn't provide any health care but they will be required to provide it in a way that will comply with Obamacare. In the article you linked, Papa John's owner admits that it would be "common sense" to cut employee hours to avoid health care compliance and further admits that's exactly what they did in state's that have similar state-level requirements. "You find loopholes to get around it..." as he put it. So by his own admissions, it's not such a huge leap to get to "we did it before and we would do it again".

ADventurous said:   VBMcGB said:   SinglePapa said:   Riznick pointed to a simple example of what puzzles me about VBM's "venture out" in this topic. Why allow politics in simple deals?Good question. I'm not really allowing politics in the deal discussion. It just so happens that the question of employer-employee relations happens to be intimately connected with a particular political issue. That article elaborates on related perceptions and misperceptions. Does that help?

Actually discussion of employer-employee relations by people outside of a business seems to always be politically motivated.
Perhaps. That's a risk I'm willing to take on this one for the sake of free-flowing information. The more aware our community is, the wiser decisions they are able to make. If the discussion starts to move into politics, we mods can deal with such posts as they come in, before they go live.

If you have questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

SigX said:   He didn't say that PJ's didn't provide any health care but they will be required to provide it in a way that will comply with Obamacare.
Sure, but in order to comply with Obamacare, most companies will need to make changes.

SigX said:   In the article you linked, Papa John's owner admits that it would be "common sense" to cut employee hours to avoid health care compliance and further admits that's exactly what they did in state's that have similar state-level requirements. "You find loopholes to get around it..." as he put it. So by his own admissions, it's not such a huge leap to get to "we did it before and we would do it again".
The reporter, asked him to guess if franchises might do that. He gave a very honest answer. I think it would be more insulting if he lied. All businesses modify their behaviors when new rules are made.

How does that, in any way, suggest that he has an anti-worker-benefit stance? It's certainly possible that he does have such a stance, but it wasn't reflected in his comments.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014