• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Seems to be the lowest price-point right now for a decent .45 ACP 1911 clone...$399 is the cash price, $411 is the credit price.

from Buds...

Tisas Zig M 1911 adds a stunning value to this famous reproduction 1911 classic pistol with such high quality materials, workmanship, fit and finish is just what you want. Made in Turkey by TISAS accordingly to international standards such as ISO 9001 and NATO AQAP, also tested in every stage of production for many challenging situations this gun may face. This is the reason Tisas products are very popular worldwide by delivering reliability.

By using cold hammer forged stainless steel barrel, Military Specification black finish (parkerized), with beautiful Turkish walnut grips, hard plastic case, this makes Tisas M 1911 .45 ACP a stunning deal all around . America’s new 1911 is here ….

Buds Gun Shop.com

Pretty in depth discussion at 1911Forum.com

1911Froum.com

and lastly a video review of this pistol...

You Tube vid here

Member Summary

gun
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The Rock Island 1911 is still available at Classic Firearms for $375. I believe that's the lowest priced 1911 out there right now. I picked that one up a couple of months ago when it was listed here.

mrD;

Currently not in stock on that website, but you, friend are correct about nice lower price-point...green for you...!!!

mrDUKOTA said:   The Rock Island 1911 is still available at Classic Firearms for $375. I believe that's the lowest priced 1911 out there right now. I picked that one up a couple of months ago when it was listed here.

I'd trust Rock Island over Tisas...

Have you handled and checked out both guns? You didn't mention having any experience with the TISAS. The reviews on Buds gun shop are all 5s. All those guys are not telling the same fib. At $400 new, the gun must be pretty good! The other gun may be the better gun for less money, but guys here are interested in what is the better gun if one has at least examined and felt each gun. We know what 'opinions' are like.

Too many gun listings.

Blurryeyed, Rock Island is made off shore & not even close to the Tisas in quality. Why do you shoot your mouth off without knowing anything?

flylo said:   Blurryeyed, Rock Island is made off shore & not even close to the Tisas in quality. Why do you shoot your mouth off without knowing anything?
Tisas is made on shore?

No, my point was they're both made offshore. But I own one & have seen & shot the Rock Island. I get annoyed when people that have bener seen a product become "internet experts? sorry!

I believe Tisas is Turkish and the Rock Island in the Phillipines. I am tempted...really tempted. I have been reading good things about guns made in Turkey.

I own the Tisas and its really nice for the money. In today's world and price increases, I can promise you that no one would be dissatisfied with this gun. A .45 1911 for $400, it's worth it to buy it and shoot the hell out of it till you breaks it, then use it to practice taking apart to see what makes it tick. I plan on using it just as a target pistol and save my Kimber as conversation piece. Enjoy!

tisas has been making guns longer then the United States where ever even thought of, they been making firearms for over 400 years. I think by now they know what there doing. Do not be fooled by the price, i honestly don't know why its priced so low being that its built as good as any $1000 1911 but so be it. Than damn thing is excellent.

GMY said:   Too many gun listings.

No such thing.

I also own one of these. Great gun. The price is just a bonus.

Dave

tripoli said:   tisas has been making guns longer then the United States where ever even thought of, they been making firearms for over 400 years. I think by now they know what there doing. Do not be fooled by the price, i honestly don't know why its priced so low being that its built as good as any $1000 1911 but so be it. Than damn thing is excellent.

Tisas Website said:
ABOUT US

TİSAŞ – Trabzon Gun Industry Corp. was established in Trabzon in 1993 . TİSAŞ is a KOS-GEB (Small and Medium Industry Development Organization) and M.K.E (Mechanical and Chemical Industry Corporation) coordinated company according to the law # 5201 (3763) of Ministry of Industry and Trade which manufactures small arms and related equipments for pistols.

Dog years?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.