• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amazon has this on a lightning deal for the next 4 hrs only at $152.99 with free shipping. that's $27.00 off the 179.99 price. This is an almost perfect 5 stars on this mower. I love the mower as I only have a small front lawn- and it is way more convenient than a gas mower.
Amazon description:
The StaySharp Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting performance without gasoline, oil, charging, the hassle of cords or the noise created by other mowers. It features an InertiaDrive Reel for 50% more cutting power than standard reel mowers and a StaySharp Cutting System to eliminate the cost and inconvenience of annual blade sharpening. The combination of these technologies makes the StaySharp Reel Mower 30% easier to push than other reel mowers, helping you get more done with less effort. Includes a 1.5 to 3.5-inch cut height range, 17-inch cut width and a limited two-year warranty.

What makes the StaySharp Reel Mower Special?
30% Easier to Push: The advanced technologies of this reel mower combine to reduce push force by 30% compared to competitive reel mowers.
50% More Cutting Power: Large-diameter InertiaDrive Reel with thick blades delivers 50% more cutting energy to power through small twigs, weeds or dense grass that would jam competitive reel mowers.
Stays Sharp Longer: The StaySharp Cutting System is precision-engineered to cut grass without the blades touching, greatly reducing friction and blade wear, delivering long-lasting performance without the cost and inconvenience of annual blade sharpening.
Cuts All Grass Types: Though competitive reel mowers struggle with certain types of grass, the superior cutting system of this reel mower cuts all common residential grasses, even tough southern varieties.

Link:
http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-6208-17-Inch-Staysharp-Mower/dp/B0...

Member Summary

fiskars (7.88kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Great mower, physically the lawn mower is easy to use, light to push and does not need any maintenance like changing oil or recharging. And it takes less effort to mow the lawn I have. Great buy at Amazon.

That is a great price. The mower is especially good for a small yard. I have a small fenced in area behind my townhouse that a traditional gas mower would be overkill. This mower would work well to keep the grass trimmed. Especially at that price.

Does it make sense to sell off my Scotts 20" and get this one ? Sharpening is a pain in the Scotts because of the blade contact.
And how do you sharpen these blades anyway ? I understand lack of contact keeps it sharp, but over time & twigs it should lose it right

I was hoping a grass catcher would be included. They added $10 tax to my order

I hope this is as good as everyone says.

blueribb said:   I was hoping a grass catcher would be included. They added $10 tax to my order

I hope this is as good as everyone says.

I had bought a gc for my Scotts, but never used it. The clippings are good for your grass. I thought I could use the gc when weeds were flowering, but never got down to it. You may not really miss the gc. The things that concern me are -3" less width and 1/2" more than 1" minimum

Nice mower at a nice price.
Thanks D&D

Got mine today. First impressions:

1. It's really heavy and quite hard to carry
2. It had to be assembled. The instructions are pretty good. It took about 15 minutes.
3. It comes pre-adjusted and there are quite a few adjustments that can be made as the blade wears.
4. I need to purchase a dry spray lubricant to protect this from rust. I don't plan on outside storage - even in a shed.
5. The only thing that looks cheaply made are the small plastic rear wheels.

I might try cutting the lawn in the next couple days to see how it performs.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014