• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Buy a Mercedes SLS AMG get a free-stock Smart Car

Hey everybody, for a limited time if you buy a Mercedes SLS AMG, you get a free in-stock smart car. Stock Up!

https://www.facebook.com/MercedesBenzofKansasCity

Lightbulb op

Member Summary

sls amg (74.60kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I bought them all but left one for my fellow FWers.

Off to eBay!

jacqueusifw (Dec. 07, 2012 @ 3:39p) |

I asked the same question, and since there's no reply regarding this, I'm gonna guess this is very YMMV. I would be all... (more)

pokumon (Dec. 10, 2012 @ 5:00p) |

How about hitting an SUV doing 35mph while you're doing 35? They crash cars into barriers in order to *apply* the exampl... (more)

Dotbody (Dec. 12, 2012 @ 1:23p) |

In for the Lulz

Dangit, just bought an SLS last week.

Good deal, free car for the wife.

She'll be your ex-wife...

i rather be caught dead than in one of those things

Thanks, OP, in for two. The Smarts will make great stocking stuffers for the kids!

This is a joke? Purchasing a 200k car with great handling and you get a 14k car with horrible handling and a chance to be smashed in a car accident.

MSRP from $189,600. That should cover most of us here on FW, eh?

Pricing

nwill002 said:   i rather be caught dead than in one of those things

high chance you will be caught dead driving one of those things, in the literal sense

They have 3 SLS AMG in stock, cheapest is $206145

Hilarious!

wateristasty said:   Good deal, free car for the wife.

Are you current on her life insurance payments?

On the other hand, if you are in the market for a Benz, know that MB is trying to outsell BMW right now, so they have a huge unadvertised rebate program going on. Many dealers will let you take anywhere from $5k to $25k off a new 2012/2013 Benz without even trying. This is going on till the end of the month. MB and BMW are in race to take the "most luxury vehicle sold" title.

Just last week I was offered $20k off a new GL without even trying to negotiate. $20k off a $75k vehicle is a great deal. I bet the discount is even higher on the $200k SLS. Even without a higher discount, $20k off a SLS would still be a better deal than taking the free "smart" car.

Finally!!! Have been waiting for a deal like this for a long time..

Any promo codes or rebates to sweeten deal, and cover for travel to KS if not local?
Any per customer limits? eBay motor site could get busy if no limits

It would be a deal if they gave out two Smart cars for every purchase....to use as rollerskates.

*Edit: LOL at getting red. Must be a butthurt Smart owner.*

CashBack? Discover?

cajundavid said:   She'll be your ex-wife...

I'm sure with an SLS you can find a new one.

Now I see how to spend those Visa gift cards from Staples. Give me two.

Shipping kills the deal

prikindel said:   Now I see how to spend those Visa gift cards from Staples. Give me two.

On second thought, give me six.

gifpaste said:   nwill002 said:   i rather be caught dead than in one of those things

high chance you will be caught dead driving one of those things, in the literal sense
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iKGfo1wmOM

4:58 for conclusion.

Buying smart and SLS together for additional save on insurance?
Great idea!

thenew3 said:   On the other hand, if you are in the market for a Benz, know that MB is trying to outsell BMW right now, so they have a huge unadvertised rebate program going on. Many dealers will let you take anywhere from $5k to $25k off a new 2012/2013 Benz without even trying. This is going on till the end of the month. MB and BMW are in race to take the "most luxury vehicle sold" title.

Just last week I was offered $20k off a new GL without even trying to negotiate. $20k off a $75k vehicle is a great deal. I bet the discount is even higher on the $200k SLS. Even without a higher discount, $20k off a SLS would still be a better deal than taking the free "smart" car.

Do you have any more details on the rebate? Sounds pretty intriguing.

Nah. More like something for the Dog (to pee on)

thenew3 said:   On the other hand, if you are in the market for a Benz, know that MB is trying to outsell BMW right now, so they have a huge unadvertised rebate program going on. Many dealers will let you take anywhere from $5k to $25k off a new 2012/2013 Benz without even trying. This is going on till the end of the month. MB and BMW are in race to take the "most luxury vehicle sold" title.

I find that hard to believe. The last I checked, the average rebate is few thousand dollars.

Dotbody said:   gifpaste said:   nwill002 said:   i rather be caught dead than in one of those things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iKGfo1wmOM

4:58 for conclusion.

Yeah, at 70 MPH into a wall is exactly the type of accident you'd expect to have in that little car and a fair test to be sure. FWIW that's the Euro version of the Smart and I think it has far less safety features than USA ones. In any case, I'd drive the SLS and let someone else take the Smart....but only because I know buying an SLS is purely a fantasy for me and many others here.

It does sound like it is pretty close.

Link

I wish...

You will end up driving this smart.

No HDMI & 3D, pass...

Dang! Amazon won't match the offer.

In for 2!

The Smarts will make great stocking stuffers for the kids!

bugsie said:    FWIW that's the Euro version of the Smart and I think it has far less safety features than USA ones.

Sorry to burst your bubble here but itīs actually the other way around. The Euro crash test standard is WAY harder to pass than a US one. In fact they build way more stable cars for the (Western) Europe than for US. That also explain the usually much higher prices of the cars bought in Europe. If it was in Eastern Europe I would agree but Western European cars (especially German ones like Smart, Mecedes, BMW, Audi and Volkswagen) have to be built more stable.
I know this from professionally driving German cars in Germany and the US (I travel between both countries a lot). I donīt do that anymore but I did it until two years ago.

Is there a FW Cash Back?

It doubles as a loaner can when your cars in for a recall.

marctritter said:   bugsie said:    FWIW that's the Euro version of the Smart and I think it has far less safety features than USA ones.

Sorry to burst your bubble here but itīs actually the other way around. The Euro crash test standard is WAY harder to pass than a US one. In fact they build way more stable cars for the (Western) Europe than for US. That also explain the usually much higher prices of the cars bought in Europe. If it was in Eastern Europe I would agree but Western European cars (especially German ones like Smart, Mecedes, BMW, Audi and Volkswagen) have to be built more stable.
I know this from professionally driving German cars in Germany and the US (I travel between both countries a lot). I donīt do that anymore but I did it until two years ago.

love my 750 li

I hear jokes about buy more warranty but other than resets on various computer systems I havnt had an issue in 4 yrs

A smart car and a dumb car, nice deal!

Skipping 28 Messages...
bugsie said:   Yeah, at 70 MPH into a wall is exactly the type of accident you'd expect to have in that little car and a fair test to be sure. How about hitting an SUV doing 35mph while you're doing 35? They crash cars into barriers in order to *apply* the example to real life scenarios...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014