• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Lowest price I have seen. This is a high end Garmin Nuvi model. Very thin. Nice screen (looks like iphone). Life time map and traffic. Can be used as a speaker phone with blue tooth connection to your phone.

Link

Groupon
See Groupon discounts that earn 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Garmin 3760LMT
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice, but this is a 2-year old model (with older routing engine, processor, GUI, etc.) right?

It's actually pretty much the same hardware as the current generation GPS but with an older generation of software

It's still better hardware and probably has more features than any other GPS that's been on fatwallet, since I haven't seen a deal for any 34xx/35xx models here.
Seems like they've been on a plateau for GPS's, with not many new features over the past year or two.

Great find.I wanna buy one for my old brother.

Slickone said:   It's still better hardware and probably has more features than any other GPS that's been on fatwallet, since I haven't seen a deal for any 34xx/35xx models here.
Seems like they've been on a plateau for GPS's, with not many new features over the past year or two.

I would agree with all of the above. But does anybody think the routing engine is more important than standalone features (like Bluetooth, lane/junction view), etc.? I mean the "heart" of any GPS is the navigation algorithm and this one is 2 years out of date. Will it still get you from Point A to B efficiently 95% of the time? Probably. Is the 2-year old processor "good enough" by today's standards? Probably. I just wonder if it's worth taking a gamble on this, as it's not one of Garmin's better rated models (according to Amazon reviews), especially refurb'd.

As someone who has 2x 3790 and 1x 3760, I'd take them over any of the newer budget units - whilst the 3760 is missing voice recognition that the 3790 has.

There are two features both models have, that I love ...
1) the hi-res screen
2) the ability to use the GPS in portrait mode ... Why would you want to know what roads are off to the side ... I like to be able to see the intersections ahead (Crucial for NYC)

I only have two negative points for me:
1) traffic is basic FM radio, so tends to be slow at updating (It's kind of annoying to get stuck in traffic and then recieve the notice)
2) it can be very slow at recalculating the route if you missed a turn ... And when it finally tells you to make the next turn, you've already missed that turn, so it has to recalculate ... Repeat ...

@

albrandwood said:   
2) it can be very slow at recalculating the route if you missed a turn ... And when it finally tells you to make the next turn, you've already missed that turn, so it has to recalculate ... Repeat ...

Yeah, this is what I'm concerned about. Wouldn't newer processors (and new routing algorithms) in more recently launched models possibly address this?

How bad is the glare/reflections from the glossy screen? Is this problem overblown/exaggerated? Or is it definitely an issue?

I haven't dismissed this deal by any stretch, I'm just trying to weigh the pros and cons.

BMWBig6 said:   Slickone said:   It's still better hardware and probably has more features than any other GPS that's been on fatwallet, since I haven't seen a deal for any 34xx/35xx models here.

I would agree with all of the above. But does anybody think the routing engine is more important than standalone features (like Bluetooth, lane/junction view), etc.? I mean the "heart" of any GPS is the navigation algorithm and this one is 2 years out of date. Will it still get you from Point A to B efficiently 95% of the time? Probably. Is the 2-year old processor "good enough" by today's standards? Probably. I just wonder if it's worth taking a gamble on this, as it's not one of Garmin's better rated models (according to Amazon reviews), especially refurb'd.

On Amazon the reviews are mixed, but the folks complaining are not complaining about the routing algorithms, rather the "Popup ads" that appear. You can make those "disappear" by disabling traffic though. Also people are not having the best of luck with refurbs as well, which makes me hesitant. The unit is purportedly running "hot" which might make an impact on long term reliability.

Oh what the heck. In for one!

Just ordered this, my 3rd Garmin in about 5 years. Bought the other two at Best Buy with their Black Tie Warranty Service. Had both of them replaced for power problems during the warranty period. Got to upgrade to newer model each time. One was stolen last year and the other just crapped out on me two months after warranty expired. I usually do not buy additional warranties but these units take a beating falling off the windshield and bouncing around, sometime even out the door of the car onto the pavement. Make sure you register these units at Garmin.com. I suspect a lot of us will be using the one year warranty. Good luck to all who purchase!

albrandwood said:   
@

AFAIK, that's a problem with all new Garmins, not just the 3760. And by "new", I mean in the past couple years. Again, Garmin hasn't changed much in that time. It's mainly because they added Traffic Trends and My Trends. So most people find disabling them (or at least Traffic Trends) speeds things up.
http://www.poi-factory.com/node/33474

The 37xx probably has a faster processor than the 13xx and 14xx that are posted on FW seemingly every week, and likely faster than any Garmin GPS other than the 34xx/35xx. 3xxx models are also glass capacitive screen and are brighter/higher contrast, and all others below that are resistive and plastic. The 37xx is basically a phone minus the phone electronics. The 37xx also has the speaker on the mount, so it's a lot louder/clearer (some people complain about sound on other models, which have the speaker on the GPS unit). 3xxx are also higher resolution than others.

suppin said:   BMWBig6 said:   Slickone said:   It's still better hardware and probably has more features than any other GPS that's been on fatwallet, since I haven't seen a deal for any 34xx/35xx models here.

On Amazon the reviews are mixed, but the folks complaining are not complaining about the routing algorithms, rather the "Popup ads" that appear. You can make those "disappear" by disabling traffic though. Also people are not having the best of luck with refurbs as well, which makes me hesitant. The unit is purportedly running "hot" which might make an impact on long term reliability.

Oh what the heck. In for one!

Garmin no longer puts any pop up ads on any of their GPS units with the traffic service.

Also, the 37xx series uses the exact same hardware as the current 34xx series devices. The software is the only difference.

flyboy said:   
Garmin no longer puts any pop up ads on any of their GPS units with the traffic service.

Also, the 37xx series uses the exact same hardware as the current 34xx series devices. The software is the only difference.

Does that mean that the 37xx series no longer has popup ads? or does that mean that beginning with their 34xx series devices there will be no more ads?

suppin said:   flyboy said:   

Does that mean that the 37xx series no longer has popup ads? or does that mean that beginning with their 34xx series devices there will be no more ads?

It's been a long time since I last saw a popup I'd forgotten about them ... Besides they only occurred when you were stationary ..

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.