• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Free online filing version here

It's beginning to look like tax time, so here is a free version of H&RBlock @home for very basic online filing.
Not the same as TurboTax or TaxAct, but it used to be called TaxCut until H&R Block bought it.

If you find the free downloadable version of the software, please post.

H&R Block
See H&R Block coupons that earn 10.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

H&R Block at home (16.07kB)
Thanks Llilith
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

"... excludes self-employment income (Schedule C), capital gains and losses (Schedule D), rental and royalty income (Schedule E), farm income (Schedule F) and shareholder/partnership income or loss (Schedule K-1)"

I just received in the mail a "Full Version" of the At Home 2012 software. It is Free Deluxe+State, Free Statee-file, and Free audit support. I'm looking through all the fine print to find the catch. Has anyone gotten and installed this? It says on the outside "start now! Offer Good thru 2/11/13"

I got a "$10 instant savings" disc in the mail from them. I was happy to get it, as I just started some tax planning, only with Turbo online so far. But my 'full version' was kind of useless - you can't actually install anything - not even a demo or trial - until you pay. The Premier version was $55, with a desperate "ok, another $5 off, but you have to take it now or never" offer when I tried to exit. Which I think is the price it's generally going for.

You made me recheck, I'd go for a free starter, even if filing later will cost something reasonable. Looks like you got a much better offer.

I've bought and registered the Deluxe version of TaxCut / At Home in the past more than several times, so I wonder if they are tracking that and decided to throw me a bone? It looks like I will have to install to see what's up with it (I'll be sure to create a Restore Point first so I can go back in case of crapware bloat that an uninstall won't clean out...)

czearfoss said:   I just received in the mail a "Full Version" of the At Home 2012 software. It is Free Deluxe+State, Free Statee-file, and Free audit support. I'm looking through all the fine print to find the catch. Has anyone gotten and installed this? It says on the outside "start now! Offer Good thru 2/11/13"

got a dvd for pc.. and want trade for the mac version

I also received the full version 2012 tax software in the mail. The instructions state the following: Choose the program that's right for you, name your price** on Deluxe or Deluxe + State program, purchase the program from this disc, install your software and do your taxes. The footnote for the ** indicates that a minimum purchase price of $0.95 is required for either Deluxe + e-file or Deluxe + State + e-file. On the Deluxe + State, the footnote further states that one state program download is included with the purchase of this software. However, it also states that State e-file is available for an additional fee. So, if I am reading this correctly, for the Deluxe + State, you can get the software for $0.95, and file up to 5 free federal e-files. You will also get the one download to do your state taxes, but will have to pay a fee to e-file your state tax. State e-file is not available for NH or TN. This offer is valid through 2/11/2013.

Does anyone else who received this agree?

By the way, information also includes Premium H&R Block is available for $44.95.

Armyvet said:    State e-file is not available for NH or TN.

As a former Tennessean, my recollection is that TN doesn't have state income tax.

Regarding state e-file not available for NH or TN, I was just reading the information at the end of the footnotes that was printed by H & R Block.

marcsherr said:   Armyvet said:    State e-file is not available for NH or TN.

As a former Tennessean, my recollection is that TN doesn't have state income tax.

A good reason

But do look and elsewhere here for exceptions.

marcsherr said:   Armyvet said:    State e-file is not available for NH or TN.

TN does have a state income tax. It does not have a state earned-income tax, so if you have no dividends or interest, you do not need to file the TN return, aka the Hall Tax return.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014