• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
link

The Remington Model 1858 with its solid top strap was one of the most powerful and rugged performers of its day. Easily removable/replaceable cylinders made reloading extremely fast. These highly realistic reproductions include polished brass trigger guard, and walnut grips.
Barrel length: 8".
Overall length: 14".
Weight: 2 lbs., 11 oz.

Free shipping on orders of $99 or more use promo code 2SANTA

Might be a good way to pass the time waiting for the panic buyers (and gun and ammo prices) to settle down.
I've been thinking about this one all day. It's a cap and ball black powder revolver. Looks like a lot of fun, but I don't know if I want to get all into this right now. I think i do

The reviews at Cabela's are very good for this gun. Also, my understanding is no FFL transfer for black powder antiques and replicas, but YMMV...check your state's laws.

A great yt video from Hickok45: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK6Qr7qmSvY

link

Cabela's
Need a Cabela's coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Model 1858 (2.42kB)
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer

Thanks kchunk for the heads up. I just ordered the shorter version of this last week at 199.99 (which I thought was a good price) and it's been on back order. Calling to see if they will adjust the price.

Saw similar one at the crossroad gunshow for over $300 another day. Buying online for $169 and getting it shipped free, no tax. Who can complain? In for one, thanks op!

I own a couple of these and this price is excellent, especially for the steel frame model (stay away from brass frames).

ordered one today. I report what happens......

Are these legal for blackpowder hunting?

Alright. You all have convinced me. I just ordered one too.

Either it will go nicely with my two black powder rifles that have gone unfired since given to me a couple years ago, or will finally spark an interest in my black powder arsenal.

VirginiaDC said:   Are these legal for blackpowder hunting?

Not in Virginia....

Replacement cylinders are $59.99

http://www.cabelas.com/black-powder-accessories-1858-army-44-cal...

For the price of the revolver, I might add one.

In for one, and green for the deal.

One more update: Here's the revolver and a starter kit

Kit

Got mine from my wife today as my Christmas present. Booya!

I've gone cap & ball crazy.
Cavalry leather holster, powder flask, and swaged balls from online black powder merchants, $15 clearance Pyrodex at Wall-e World.

Fun to shoot, with its heft knocking down any and all kick.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014