• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harry-Potter-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray...

2-6 Day shipping, though from UK, may be a little longer. Guaranteed to arrive before Christmas. I own this set and the only difference I've noticed is the Sorcerer's stone is called the Philosophers stone...

Member Summary

Harry Potter - The Complete 8-Film Collection Blu-ray
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
they charged in usd, they have a auto convert feature and at least for me they didn't ding me for duty.

cerich (Jan. 06, 2013 @ 7:05p) |

No customs for blurays coming into the US unless you order some huge amount. I've heard $200 per day free, but I've re... (more)

hariseldon (Jan. 06, 2013 @ 8:15p) |

Thanks cerich and hariseldon.

hariseldon, thank you for the informative reply.

Also thanks for the tip on the GBP converte... (more)

marayatano (Jan. 06, 2013 @ 10:23p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

...and they speak with British accents.

lolz

Only $64.99 for the 'merican version: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1242017

dougneb said:   Only $64.99 for the 'merican version: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1242017

Oh wow, only double the price? Sign me up!

Seriously, I didn't realize this was posted already! I seldom (never?) check Amazon UK, although I guess you have to for anything BBC or Harry Potter.

gone!

mingxu5517 said:   gone!

It is still there. Just look under "More Buying Choices"
I see Amazon.co.uk listed @ 20.50

California ETA 12/24 - 1/04

xstemcellx said:   California ETA 12/24 - 1/04

Mine said before 12/24 and I got a shipping notification already.

Question from a video newbie....

Will region-free Blu-ray discs sold in the UK and Europe play on Blu-ray units sold in the USA?

I remember issues with VHS due to PAL in UK and Europe and NTSC in the USA but am not clear on DVD and Bluray's.

I think you will still have issues with NTSC vs. PAL. I have researched a bit and it appears that this is not gone with the new "HD" tvs.

I bought this Bluary DVD set last year. And it works in my DVD player without problem
But things could change in a year.....

There is a title change for one of DVD -- sorcerer's stone is called philosopher's stone.
Apart from that everything else is the same

I have a region free blu-ray tv documentary and my US PS3 can't play the video portion (audio still works) because the discs are encoded at 50Hz instead of 60Hz. However my laptop can play them no problem. Can anyone who already has this inform me if these are 50Hz or what blu-ray player you are using?

I'm using a Panasonic and a Dynex Blu Ray player. Both play Audio/Video from these discs just fine. Couldn't tell the the Hz info...

Has anyone received their order of Harry Potter Collection yet?

I ordered on 12/7 and it still has not arrived.

Order 12/10, shipped (or "dispatched" as Amazon UK calls it) 12/11, received 12/18 (Chicago). Plays just fine on the PS3 and my laptop, although they all have English accents...

I also ordered on the 7th and it was dispatched on the 8th with a delivery estimate of the 17th. I have not seen mine yet either.

mine arrived early last weeek

Thanks folks.

Hopefully it gets here on Monday.

Ordered 12/9. Dispatched 12/13. Given estimated delivery date of 12/21. Not here yet.

Showed up today.

Are you guys charged in us money or pounds?

Did you have to pay customs?

Thanks?

they charged in usd, they have a auto convert feature and at least for me they didn't ding me for duty.

marayatano said:   Are you guys charged in us money or pounds?

Thanks?

No customs for blurays coming into the US unless you order some huge amount. I've heard $200 per day free, but I've really known anyone that's
had to pay for movies even for higher $$$ except for some packages that were sent UPS from Canada for some reason (UPS related if I remember).

I always have them charge me in local currency since it's cheaper using a Cap One credit card since they don't charge a currency conversion fee,
but Amazon's exchange fee is almost always more than the 1 to 3% that MOST CC charge. Amazon almost always pads the exchange rate by 3.5-4.5% if
you compare the daily exchange rate from xe.com which correlates well with most major CC vs the rate Amazon tells you they use. Unless you know
your CC or Debit charges some outrageous fee, I'd say turn the Converter off in the Amazon UK account settings or select GBP at checkout.

hariseldon said:   marayatano said:   Are you guys charged in us money or pounds?

Thanks?

No customs for blurays coming into the US unless you order some huge amount. I've heard $200 per day free, but I've really known anyone that's
had to pay for movies even for higher $$$ except for some packages that were sent UPS from Canada for some reason (UPS related if I remember).

I always have them charge me in local currency since it's cheaper using a Cap One credit card since they don't charge a currency conversion fee,
but Amazon's exchange fee is almost always more than the 1 to 3% that MOST CC charge. Amazon almost always pads the exchange rate by 3.5-4.5% if
you compare the daily exchange rate from xe.com which correlates well with most major CC vs the rate Amazon tells you they use. Unless you know
your CC or Debit charges some outrageous fee, I'd say turn the Converter off in the Amazon UK account settings or select GBP at checkout.

Thanks cerich and hariseldon.

hariseldon, thank you for the informative reply.

Also thanks for the tip on the GBP converter. It did make about a $3 difference on something else I purchased.

Thanks!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014