Voting History
rated:
HP Pavilion AMD Quad Core 3.6GHz Windows 8 PC for $300 at Staples stores

link

100 OFF 399 PRINTABLE COUPON

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Note inconsistency in the coupon: at the top it says "Take an extra $100 OFF Windows 8 laptops and desktops $399 or more", but in the fine print it says "Discount applies to highest-priced eligible computer over $399.99" which could make this $399.99 computer ineligible. Hope it works but from bad experience I know that at my local Staples, if they can be a PITA they will be.

I don't want Windows 8. Doesn't look like 7 drivers are available either. Dat sux!

tiredntrue said:   Note inconsistency in the coupon: at the top it says "Take an extra $100 OFF Windows 8 laptops and desktops $399 or more", but in the fine print it says "Discount applies to highest-priced eligible computer over $399.99" which could make this $399.99 computer ineligible. Hope it works but from bad experience I know that at my local Staples, if they can be a PITA they will be.

Just did a return-rebuy on the one I bough on Black Friday. On the receipt it prints $399 or more. So push it back a bit if the manager tries to find excuses like this. The computer has pretty good horse power, with $300 tag, it can't be beaten.

The computer has pretty good horse power, with $300 tag, it can't be beaten.

Agreed.. I just picked up the last one ( WiNk Wink ) in Chicagoland.. Manager says people have been returning these and repurchasing with the 100 off. We went back ond forth however .. He said these ARE available online to HOLD.. I confirmed there was only 1 left in inventory last night ( Before closing) different store and when I got to the store with the last remaining PC he stated it was on HOLD.. We went at it for a minute and he let me have it.. WEIRD TO SAY THE LEAST.

I bought one last night. Handed the girl the coupon which the system took without a blink. Excellent deal for the specs. Christmas gift for the BF.

Just picked this up - last one at the Staples on OC - 405/55 fwy. Thanks OP! Great deal!

If I needed a desktop, I would have grabbed this one, very good bang for the cheapo $$. Someday my luck will run out with $100 eBay Dell refurbs, but not yet.

I'm looking to add SSD in this HP. Will it support it out of the box or do I need to buy PCI card with different SATA technology?

prashp1 said:   I'm looking to add SSD in this HP. Will it support it out of the box or do I need to buy PCI card with different SATA technology?

I don't think the Staples page tells you either way, but...

On the details page for the p6-2378 on HP.com ( http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&d... ) there is a link to the MSI MS-7778 (Jasmine) motherboard specifications ( http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03343058&lc... ) which says it has 6x SATA 3.0 ports.

As far as I know, (correct me if I'm wrong) SATA 3.0 will allow you to make use of the fast speeds of a solid state drive.

Also was pretty surprised to find that this motherboard has USB 3.0 ports too, apparently.

no hdmi...

No modem either, can't fax as it comes. What's a good USB fax jingle run, most I see have lousy reviews.

No HDMI = no second monitor as it comes.....

Dunno.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014