• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
******** SEE THE SUMMARY POST BELOW THIS ONE FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE INFORMATION ********

It has come to my attention that the 2012 Gift Card Bonus threads are overwhelmed with restaurants. This thread focuses on gift card deals and bonuses for Retail Stores and Non-Restaurants ONLY.

****NOTE**** The FREE gift cards have expiration dates and generally must be used between 01/01/13 and 01/31/13. Each retailer is different, but just assume that you will have to use the free bonus card(s) in the month of January of 2013. *******

Clothing

American Eagle - Buy $35 in gift cards and receive a free $10 gift card
Banana Republic - Buy $50 in gift cards and receive a free $10 gift card (Credit:My1Bug)
Charlotte Russe - Buy $40 in gift cards and receive a free $10 gift card
Children's Place - Buy $40 in eGift cards and receive a free $10 eGift card
REI - Buy $100 in gift cards and receive a free $20 gift card (Credit: AgentJFong)

Retail

Barnes and Noble - Buy $75 in gift cards on BN.com and receive a $10 e-gift card for use online only
CVS Pharmacy - Buy $25 in CVS gift cards and receive a free $5 gift card
DSW Shoes - Buy $50 in gift cards and receive a free $5 gift card
Half Price Books - Buy $25 in gift cards and receive a free $5 gift card
LL Bean - Buy $50 in gift cards and receive a free $10 gift card
Off Broadway Shoes - Buy $50 in gift cards and receive a free $10 gift card

Non-Restaurant Misc.

Brunswick Bowling Alley - Buy $25 in gift cards and receive a free $5 gift card
Coinstar + iTunes/Old Navy/Dell - Change in $40 worth of coins at a Coinstar machine and receive a $50 iTunes gift card (No Coinstar fees)
Godiva Chocolate - Buy $50 in Chocolate or Gift Cards and receive a free $10 gift card

If you find additional gift card offers (Remember, NO RESTAURANTS), please post them and I will try to keep the summary updated. Thanks, and good luck!

Charlotte Russe
Need a Charlotte Russe coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
The Childrens Place
Need a The Childrens Place coupon that earns 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
DSW
Need a DSW coupon that earns 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
L.L.Bean
Need a L.L.Bean coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Here is the UPDATED summary list of all Non-Restaurant and Retail gift card deals for the holiday season of 2012!!!

Clothing

American Eagle - Buy $35 in gift cards and receive a free $10 gift card
Banana Republic - Buy $50 in gift cards and receive a free $10 gift card (Credit:My1Bug)
Charlotte Russe - Buy $40 in gift cards and receive a free $10 gift card
childrens place - Buy $40 in eGift cards and receive a free $10 eGift card
REI - Buy $100 in gift cards and receive a free $20 gift card (Credit: AgentJFong)

Retail

Barnes and Noble - Buy $75 in gift cards on BN.com and receive a $10 e-gift card for use online only
CVS Pharmacy - Buy $25 in CVS gift cards and receive a free $5 gift card
DSW Shoes - Buy $50 in gift cards and receive a free $5 gift card
Half Price Books - Buy $25 in gift cards and receive a free $5 gift card
LL Bean - Buy $50 in gift cards and receive a free $10 gift card
Off Broadway Shoes - Buy $50 in gift cards and receive a free $10 gift card
WalMart (12/10/12 ONLY) - Buy $100 in gift cards and receive a free $10 e-gift card.

Non-Restaurant Misc.

Brunswick Bowling Alley - Buy $25 in gift cards and receive a free $5 gift card
Coinstar + iTunes/Old Navy/Dell - Change in $40 worth of coins at a Coinstar machine and receive a $50 gift card (This is given in place of cash for your coins)
Godiva Chocolate - Buy $50 in Chocolate or Gift Cards and receive a free $10 gift card

If you find additional gift card offers (Remember, NO RESTAURANTS), please post them and I will try to keep the summary updated. Thanks, and good luck!
Staff Summary
  • The Childrens Place Coupons:
    SAVEFORTY3
    40% off and Free shipping on any order (expires 9/2/14 11:59pm)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

"Coinstar + iTunes/Old Navy/Dell - Change in $40 worth of coins at a Coinstar machine and receive a $50 iTunes gift card (No Coinstar fees)"
40$ in change gets pick of itunes/Old Navy or Dell gift card? Is that how I read it?

REI is giving $20 promo gift card for $100+ purchase, including gift cards.

I believe Banana Republic is giving a $10 shop card for a $50 gift card purchase. Shop cards are only usable during a date range, after which they expire. So be sure to use them during that time. I am not sure if the shop cards are stackable (anyone?). The $50 gift card is typical gift card with no expiration.

Nevermind.

why i did not see the AE gc sale?

hrfrank said:   why i did not see the AE gc sale?

Of all these retailers, many of them are keeping their gift card sales very low key this year. I am not sure why.

You have to go inside American Eagle, walk up to the gift card holder at the checkout, and look at the blue sign attached to the gift card holder. It says "Buy $35 in gift cards and get a free $10 American Eagle money card"

This is the same sale they run every year during the month of December - however it's usually better advertised than this.

If you are having difficulties, speak to the manager who will definitely know about the promotion and provide you with the $10 card if you buy a $35 or greater gift card.

user3657 said:   "Coinstar + iTunes/Old Navy/Dell - Change in $40 worth of coins at a Coinstar machine and receive a $50 iTunes gift card (No Coinstar fees)"
40$ in change gets pick of itunes/Old Navy or Dell gift card? Is that how I read it?

Yes. I changed the above information to better explain it.

You change in $40 worth of coins and you get a $50 iTunes card, Dell card, or Old Navy card - with no fees. You do NOT still receive cash for your coins, thus netting you a total $10 profit + no fees.

thanks, i found this post about AE GC, seems not so good to me

http://slickdeals.net/f/3650174-FREE-10-American-Eagle-Money-Card-with-the-purchase-of-gift-card-10-minimum-purchase-in-store-or-25-Online

---quote---
I was just in American Eagle and saw a sign that they were giving away a $10 Money Card with a purchase of any Gift Card. Looks like they offered this last year but on any purchase during December and not just Gift Cards.

I went and asked how much you had to put on the Gift Card to get the Money Card and it's just $10.

The Money card can only be used between 12/26/11 and 1/15/12 on a purchase of $35 or more. 1 Money Card per transaction and it can be redeemed in store or online.

I got 2 $20 gift cards (that I was getting for gifts anyhow) so I could get 2 Money Cards but for some reason, she said I'd be getting 3 Money Cards.

I know I can only use 1 at a time but still, $10 is $10 and I know it'll get spent.
---quote--
Edit - Now available online [ae.com] but you must spend $25 on your gift card to get the free $10 Money Card.

hrfrank said:   thanks, i found this post about AE GC, seems not so good to me

http://slickdeals.net/f/3650174-FREE-10-American-Eagle-Money-Card-with-the-purchase-of-gift-card-10-minimum-purchase-in-store-or-25-Online

---quote---
I was just in American Eagle and saw a sign that they were giving away a $10 Money Card with a purchase of any Gift Card. Looks like they offered this last year but on any purchase during December and not just Gift Cards.

I went and asked how much you had to put on the Gift Card to get the Money Card and it's just $10.

The Money card can only be used between 12/26/11 and 1/15/12 on a purchase of $35 or more. 1 Money Card per transaction and it can be redeemed in store or online.

I got 2 $20 gift cards (that I was getting for gifts anyhow) so I could get 2 Money Cards but for some reason, she said I'd be getting 3 Money Cards.

I know I can only use 1 at a time but still, $10 is $10 and I know it'll get spent.
---quote--
Edit - Now available online [ae.com] but you must spend $25 on your gift card to get the free $10 Money Card.

Considering the Money Card stacks with any in-store offers...it's a pretty good deal, and it's obviously very easy to hit the $35 mark on AE merchandise.

user3657 said:   "Coinstar + iTunes/Old Navy/Dell - Change in $40 worth of coins at a Coinstar machine and receive a $50 iTunes gift card (No Coinstar fees)"

check the coinstar website for details..

Unconfirmed if the Tommy Bahama deal $50 gift card for $250 purchase works on gift cards - can anyone confirm? If so, $250 for $300 in gift cards is pretty sweet.

WalMart today has buy $100 in gift cards and receive a free $10 e-gift card.

REI gift card sale ends yesterday....TAT

Corner bakery, buy $25 gc get $5 (in-store)

Islands, buy $25 get $5 (online [S=https://www.islandsrestaurants.com/ecomm/GiftCards.aspx?[/S]

Benihana, Now through December 31st, when you purchase $50 in Benihana gift cards, you'll receive a
$10 promotional card redeemable January 2nd through March 31st, 2013. It's the perfect gift for your favorite chef, family, friends, co-workers, neighbors or teachers. Available in-store and http://estore.imaginejet.net/shop/20091014002/benihanas-gift-card/p-13809.htm

Claimjumper, buy $50 get $10 to use 1/2/2013-2/12/2013 http://www.claimjumper.com/giftcard.aspx

Red lobster, buy $25 get $5 http://www.redlobster.com/giftcard/?cmpid=rl_eml_20121203_holidayBB

LL Bean has $10 gift card if you buy $50 in merchandise. Not a $10 GC with $50 GC purchase.

Think about it. If that were the case wouldn't eveyone buy a GC, get the $10 promo and buy a gift with the GC?

sitz121 said:   Corner bakery, buy $25 gc get $5 (in-store)

Islands, buy $25 get $5 (online [S=https://www.islandsrestaurants.com/ecomm/GiftCards.aspx?[/S]

Benihana, Now through December 31st, when you purchase $50 in Benihana gift cards, you'll receive a
$10 promotional card redeemable January 2nd through March 31st, 2013. It's the perfect gift for your favorite chef, family, friends, co-workers, neighbors or teachers. Available in-store and http://estore.imaginejet.net/shop/20091014002/benihanas-gift-card/p-13809.htm

Claimjumper, buy $50 get $10 to use 1/2/2013-2/12/2013 http://www.claimjumper.com/giftcard.aspx

Red lobster, buy $25 get $5 http://www.redlobster.com/giftcard/?cmpid=rl_eml_20121203_holidayBB

Did you even read the topic?? Seriously?

Sony offers $20 bonus eGift Card when you Buy $100 eGift Card.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014