Dell 50GB SSD at Microcenter $35

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Microcenter has a Dell 50GB G914J SSD for $34.99. This is a great way to speed up an older core 2 laptop.

It is available in the web store also. I thought it was bricks and mortar only when I posted it but now it shows available for "Web Store"

http://www.microcenter.com/product/402049/G914J_50GB_SATA_30Gb-s...

Member Summary

Dell G914J
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It allows shipping but it's $5.99, which kills it for me.

These were $29 2weeks ago, almost got one. The biggest drawback is no TRIM support, otherwise an older/slower but solid drive and would be a perfect upgrade for an older SATA I/II laptop.

Can you add in-store to your title please...

pls also add 2.5 inch internal to the title.

The cost is $40.98 before tax.

Why the red for asking this? I ALWAYS get asked to do this on my Fry's or Microcenter posts !

SithMaster said:   Can you add in-store to your title please...

Cenbit said:   The cost is $40.98 before tax.Still $34.99 for me before tax.

SithMaster said:   Why the red for asking this? I ALWAYS get asked to do this on my Fry's or Microcenter posts !

Possibly because somebody has posted this is available for shipping? I haven't checked as not interested in the drive but there are the rare (these days) Fry's and MC deals that do allow shipping.

Edit: The now sold out TD deal for the 80GB X-25M for $40 after rebate was probably a better deal if you weren't averse to rebates.

cattlet said:   Cenbit said:   The cost is $40.98 before tax.Still $34.99 for me before tax.That's with shipping.

secstate said:   SithMaster said:   Why the red for asking this? I ALWAYS get asked to do this on my Fry's or Microcenter posts !

Possibly because somebody has posted this is available for shipping? I haven't checked as not interested in the drive but there are the rare (these days) Fry's and MC deals that do allow shipping.

Edit: The now sold out TD deal for the 80GB X-25M for $40 after rebate was probably a better deal if you weren't averse to rebates.
After missing out on that deal twice now, I figured this was the best I was going to get.

Ah, didn't catch that, I just read the original post which said "bricks and mortar only"...

secstate said:   SithMaster said:   Why the red for asking this? I ALWAYS get asked to do this on my Fry's or Microcenter posts !

Here is a simple benchmark comparison of the Dell versus a Vertex 2 in a C2D laptop.
http://joe.blog.freemansoft.com/2012/12/dell-first-gen-ssd-vs-ve...

Order confirmation said it would ship Tuesday...waited all week for it to arrive...then I see an email this morning saying the order has been canceled due to availability...yet they still list the drive for sale on their website?

What a disappointing first order from Micro Center.

As of 12/19, it's available for in-store pick up only.

this ssd will not fit most laptop. its not a standard 9mm laptop drive. it is much bigger. performance is slower and doesnt support trim compare to other consumer ssd. this ssd supposely an enterprise class ssd, but i had bad experience with these samsung rebadged Dell enterprise ssd in the past with sudden death(i had 200gb and 400gb model both died). the one i ordered from microcenter, according disk utilities, after several days of use, this drive already down to 95% health.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014