Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Frigidaire FPCO06D7MS
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I purchased this Frigidaire "professional" convection oven four months ago, and needed to return it for exchange after two weeks. It was a nice unit for the first two weeks then the digital display backlight gradually faded out, and the convection fan began to make a "screaming" sound from its worn out bearing(s), and I only used this thing for two hours four times a week. The replacement was just as bad, so I went with a Oster convection I found at Target for $79. It's been working wonderfully for three months. I bought Target's 2 year extended warranty for $7.00 in the event it craps out in a month or two....

RJRWagner said:   I bought Target's 2 year extended warranty for $7.00 in the event it craps out in a month or two....

Just a quick comment about RJRWagner's $7 warranty purchase:

Target has a 90 day return policy, so if concerned about "a month or two", that's already taken care of.

If the product is purchased with any American Express card the item gets a no cost extended warranty of up to a full year past the product's own warranty, which would equal the Target plan since it runs from the time of purchase. You'd also get between 1 and 3% Cash Back, depending on the card. Collecting on the AMEX warranty is painless, contrasted to the million hoops that VISA and Mastercard require.

And lastly, if that Oster oven was purchased at Costco (they carried the same one I saw at Target for $20 less) you could return it at any time it fails, regardless of the warranty. Yeah, crazy, I know.

I just ordered one because of the Costco return policy. No reviews on Costco.com, but found mixed reviews on Amazon and Best Buy websites. Reviews on Amazon tended to be more negative, the Best Buy ones were more positive. Normally I wouldn't buy, but my Black & Decker toaster oven just died on me last night, I have the $25 off $100 AMEX Sync offer and love Costco's return policy.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.