• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Got an email today with a link to a special sale for current customers. Only good for 48 hours, supposedly.

Here it is:

http://www.magicjack.com/action/land_HalfOff.html?adVersion=EM&l...

Member Summary

MagicJack (20.25kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer

It's only available to select customers.

signed in but only for selected customers.

Considering the first revision worked like crap....

I would not even bite if they gave it to me for free.....and I have one that I wasted $39 on......

I now have Ooma and it is the best non-Apple consumer device on the market.....

Enough said.....

While magic jack does work well for many, a consumer should know that you are supporting a scam.
Magic Jack is a telco group which based on its base locations for phone numbers is allowed by a law to encourage rural telephone connections to overcharge those carriers such as Att, verizon, Sprint etc for terminated calls.

That means that every time someone calls you from another carrier, the phone company that caller is with is overcharged.
This results in a higher operation cost for that carrier, and in turn increased fees passed on to individuals subscribing to that carrier.

I have had mj for Three years. It works perfectly. You must have DSL, and certain ports might have to be open.

i had my mj for 7 month for my business! u must have a hight speed internet! if u use att 19.99 internet, you better skip mj. otherwise, i love my mj. i use it also for my credit card transaction with np. it works with my fax too. i love it! i will buy one more this time to seperate my phone line and my fax line! i was have att business phone services. i am in bayarea. i pay 70+ each month for two lines. now i only pay 30 and less for a yr services per line! i love mj! you should try it if u have a small business!

I have used it for 3 plus years, and have 1.1 speed Cox inet, and don't have any issues.

The banner add for this offer has been on my mj screen for months, it first came up when I asked a question through their chat, as soon as I did that, the add became viewable, so try that.

blackpearliu said:   i had my mj for 7 month for my business! u must have a hight speed internet! if u use att 19.99 internet, you better skip mj. otherwise, i love my mj. i use it also for my credit card transaction with np. it works with my fax too. i love it! i will buy one more this time to seperate my phone line and my fax line! i was have att business phone services. i am in bayarea. i pay 70+ each month for two lines. now i only pay 30 and less for a yr services per line! i love mj! you should try it if u have a small business!

Better hope that you don't go over their invisible line as far as hours on the phone per month. Once you do that, they stop giving you "Free" calls, and you have to pay by the minute. Businesses spend a lot of time on the phone, so that might be a concern for you. The service is NOT "unlimited". Only "free", and even then, only up to a certain point.

christopher said:   While magic jack does work well for many, a consumer should know that you are supporting a scam.
Magic Jack is a telco group which based on its base locations for phone numbers is allowed by a law to encourage rural telephone connections to overcharge those carriers such as Att, verizon, Sprint etc for terminated calls.

That means that every time someone calls you from another carrier, the phone company that caller is with is overcharged.
This results in a higher operation cost for that carrier, and in turn increased fees passed on to individuals subscribing to that carrier.

I would say it's the other way around. Due to MJ's cost structure, and the cost that certain rural telcos charge to terminate calls, MJ does not allow you to call those exchanges, because it's too expensive for them to afford.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014