• 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Straight Talk
Disclaimer

AT&T GoPhone
Disclaimer
CrazyGameTime.com has 15% off (using coupons) on certain refills for Straight Talk, AT&T GoPhone, Net-10 and Tracfone.

T- Mobile and Virgin Mobile are no longer being stocked; however, Net-10 and Tracfone are available.

EDIT: Some of the cards are now out of stock. Also, if it makes any difference to some, Pay Pal transaction seems to be out of China. You might want to wait this out if you are suspicious, but my refill Pin codes worked fine.

Member Summary

Prepaid Cards
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Where do you get the $25 Virgin Mobile. I have tried WalMart twice within the past day and I get an email saying that th... (more)

sneakers (May. 17, 2013 @ 12:07p) |

Amazon sells $100 T-Mobile cards for "only" $119, so go figure.

NEDeals (May. 17, 2013 @ 4:44p) |

I'm still using CrazyGameTime refills whenever I can't find a better deal on eBay from reputable dealers.

I've been abl... (more)

KP4SYS (Aug. 04, 2013 @ 12:33p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

i'm having the T-Mobile $30 monthly prepaid plan. can i buy the $50 refill card and use on it? will the balance remain for the next month?

loganngracee said:   i'm having the T-Mobile $30 monthly prepaid plan. can i buy the $50 refill card and use on it? will the balance remain for the next month?Yes, it will. You can use the balance as credit for minute overages or towards your next month's $30 plan.

Straight Talk is authorized to be sold ONLY by Straight Talk or WalMart. I guess anyone could purchase them and resell them. How they can make a profit buying and reselling is the question?

bought one last night for Straight Talk got the email through my paypal email pin worked great. only paid 38.24 total... it works....

good to hear they have StraightTalk pins now too. The $38.24 is a hot deal IMO. Need to pass this on to a friend since she is using Straight Talk.

I purchased the Virgin Mobile pin last week and no issues at all. Let's hope this company stays around for a while.

Straight Talk has been OOS since late last night. You can either sign up for for a notification or keep checking.

They claim that normal re-stock time is 6-12 hours, and that if the code you wanted to order is out of stock, to check back in a few hours.

Are you getting the pins to apply yourself, or are they refilling for you? Reason I ask Is because I bought from a similar place for my at&t gophone, and I noticed on my account page that the refill was done by credit card by whomever accessed my account, I never had a problem, but it seemed a bit strange.

Thanks for this! I just added two Straight Talk months to my plan.

Many sellers on eBay have the $60 Virgin Mobile credit for anywhere from $40 - $45. I don't know how they do it but I love it.

zach4572 said:   Are you getting the pins to apply yourself, or are they refilling for you? Reason I ask Is because I bought from a similar place for my at&t gophone, and I noticed on my account page that the refill was done by credit card by whomever accessed my account, I never had a problem, but it seemed a bit strange.

For Straight Talk, I received a pin in e-mail right after I paid. Hopefully, the PIN isn't inactivated later on or anything. I am skeptical about it.

DealGuy7 said:   zach4572 said:   Are you getting the pins to apply yourself, or are they refilling for you? Reason I ask Is because I bought from a similar place for my at&t gophone, and I noticed on my account page that the refill was done by credit card by whomever accessed my account, I never had a problem, but it seemed a bit strange.

For Straight Talk, I received a pin in e-mail right after I paid. Hopefully, the PIN isn't inactivated later on or anything. I am skeptical about it.

Well I wouldn't pay for more than 30 days of ST at a time any way. With their NO REFUNDS policy you are a fool to stack up service when you can be terminated at a whim and out your entire balance.

In other words 30 day card I wouldn't worry a bit but for those stacking many months of service...you are a gambling (wo)man for sure.

DaveTheStud said:   Many sellers on eBay have the $60 Virgin Mobile credit for anywhere from $40 - $45. I don't know how they do it but I love it.
This article explains how they do it:

FRADULENT CELL PHONE REFILL CARDS

Okay. Now I'm freaked out. I just bought 3 months of Straight Talk on eBay.
Has anyone had an experience similar to the fraud article?

bksavings said:   DaveTheStud said:   Many sellers on eBay have the $60 Virgin Mobile credit for anywhere from $40 - $45. I don't know how they do it but I love it.
This article explains how they do it:

FRADULENT CELL PHONE REFILL CARDS

so the big question is....what do we do about it if we think we might have fallen victim? it seemed legit enough - the auction i did today didn't link to any other site and the english was spot on.

zach4572 said:   Are you getting the pins to apply yourself, or are they refilling for you? Reason I ask Is because I bought from a similar place for my at&t gophone, and I noticed on my account page that the refill was done by credit card by whomever accessed my account, I never had a problem, but it seemed a bit strange.

This clearly seems to me to be: You paid a scam artist at a discounted rate for a refill. He then pays for that refill on your account using a stolen credit card. No?

surfsidebeach said:   zach4572 said:   Are you getting the pins to apply yourself, or are they refilling for you? Reason I ask Is because I bought from a similar place for my at&t gophone, and I noticed on my account page that the refill was done by credit card by whomever accessed my account, I never had a problem, but it seemed a bit strange.

This clearly seems to me to be: You paid a scam artist at a discounted rate for a refill. He then pays for that refill on your account using a stolen credit card. No?

No, the scammer buys a regular prepaid card with a stolen credit card, then sells the prepaid card.

But, if anyone is dumb enough too give out their account info, they deserve to be scammed.

Purchased tmobile PIN and it wasn't even the right number of digits. Emailed customer service then told my cc company to revoke transaction. CGT then refunded through Paypal with no 'real' explanation of the problem. Beware!

chomerj said:   Purchased tmobile PIN and it wasn't even the right number of digits. Emailed customer service then told my cc company to revoke transaction. CGT then refunded through Paypal with no 'real' explanation of the problem. Beware!I wonder if there was some mixup as now they are selling Simple Mobile and not TMobile on their site.

I purchased a ST pin last night, $39.xx and no tax, normally it's closer to $50 when purchasing from ST or WalMart. They required me to enter a telephone number to verify (?) and they call and give you a 4 digit pin to enter, to complete the sale on their site.

Despite all the grumblings and musings and theories I've yet to see any evidence that CGT or any of the other discount sellers are hawking stolen or illegal PINs. I've bought several 30-day ones from various sellers as low as $35 and never had any issue. That's not to say bad guys aren't swimming among us but CGT seems to do a lot of business and I don't see any complaints. Unless I've missed something?

[Copied from howardforums:]
Ok, so here's what we know:
They are not an authorized reseller. This means they are not getting these pins at a significant discount most likely (as the only legitimate sources for them would be ST or WalMart; ST isn't going to sell airtime pins to a non-authorized reseller at a lower cost, and why would WalMart sell them at a loss?)
The company is supposedly a midwestern US based company, but Paypal payment is going to China and to an individual listed rather than a business name. The combination of these is major red flag.
The scam here almost certainly is a very common one. The pins are being purchased with large amounts of stolen CC info. These will work flawlessly unless and until the CC owner disputes a charge and it gets charged back to ST or to WalMart and then the remaining service on that pin would be axed by ST. This is a common scam, and not just with prepaid airtime cards. Prepaid game time cards, and even other merchandise. I've been hit by one, although nothing came of it. I ordered an OCZ revodrive on eBay for what was an awesome price (though not so low as to be obviously not legitimate - the model had been discontinued so the price could have reasonably been believed as clearing out old stock). The seller said they shipped the order and gave a tracking number that turned out to be invalid. I contacted the seller and informed them I would file a dispute if I didn't have legitimate tracking info shortly. They replied and said they sent the first message incorrectly and the item hadn't shipped yet, was shipping that day and sent me another tracking number. That one was valid.
The next day I got a revodrive in the mail, shipped direct from Newegg, bill to Person A in florida, ship to me. 3 days later I got a 2nd revodrive shipped direct from Newegg, bill to person B in North Carolina, ship to me.

Yes, these PINs could have been purchased with stolen CC.
Yes, these PINs could have been purchased with legit CC or Cash.

...no way of proving...that's the business of "digital goods"
this could all be a "Money Laundering" scheme...???

cpabster said:   Despite all the grumblings and musings and theories I've yet to see any evidence that CGT or any of the other discount sellers are hawking stolen or illegal PINs. I've bought several 30-day ones from various sellers as low as $35 and never had any issue. That's not to say bad guys aren't swimming among us but CGT seems to do a lot of business and I don't see any complaints. Unless I've missed something?I agree. ST cards were recently selling for $42.99, and are now out of stock. Maybe the cynics will feel a little better now. However, I also agree with those that question the fact they are selling at a loss; perhaps legitimizing other "non-taxed" or "extra" income from other sources.

crap, no more t-mo!

What's the best place to buy T-Mo refills now?

callingmart only has 3% off at the moment.

Stickied this thread to watch it play out hilariously for those that took advantage

im looking for tmobile refills too. i have the prepaid $30/ month 1500 text/min and 30 mb data. Callingmart no longer has 3% off as their FB page says tmobile is no longer selling reduced price cards to them. WalMart has 1.5% CB through FW but also has tax and a "merchandise" fee (listed as recycling or environmental fee). Cheapest I have found is calling mart at $30 OTD. However, they never verified my account so it is a complete PITA trying to get a new order to go through. I'm just a normal guy looking for $30 plan to equal $30 here...

... might be time to go back to Net10 or try out another discount carrier.

Slider said:   Stickied this thread to watch it play out hilariously for those that took advantage
So how's that working out for you since this thread is over 2 months old? Getting a good laugh yet?

Slider said:   Stickied this thread to watch it play out hilariously for those that took advantage

It's been two months and I do indeed find it hilarious that the $36/mo I paid Crazy Game Time is legit and so much cheaper than just about everybody else.

AcuraTLFan said:   
this could all be a "Money Laundering" scheme...???

That's a good point. Although the "laundry man" may "lose" money, but he now has legitimate money.

So far so good, I've bought more then 6 codes from them and i have not had a problem. I hope it's legit!

Problem resolved / update: Ordered $60 Virgin Mobile Top-up minutes from Crazygametime.com 7am this morning. Received and applied email-provided pin#. VM Top-up website response: "having trouble with your Top-up, call VM". Called VM rep who said pin# used 4 days ago. Crazygametime.com website said not available until 10a CDT, so sent email at that time. (Have used this site for several months to buy VM minutes with no problems. Will keep abreast. Is this the only purchase with problems?)
By 9am Crazygametime.com replied with a new VM Top-up pin#, which also was used before according to VM rep. Replied to Crazygametime.com with this new fact.
11am Crazygametime.com replied, a little befuddled and suggested trying to Top-up my account themselves or would refund $60. This only required my cell phone number, no password nor personal pin number. Within a half hour, received an email that it was successful. Checked my VM account and $60 was present.
No explanation was given when I asked. As much trouble as this exchange was, am willing try another Top-up next month. Lets see what happens then.

Just purchased a $60 VM top-up ($50.99 to paypal) and received the pin right away. Successfully added to VM account.

Someone didn't read the thread.

I buy only from USA sellers and as far as half year back of every month refill from same powerseller on dibuu auctions I never had problem with them

I've bought at least 3 VM $50 top ups and some ms points. No problems at all. I do see that they don't have VM refills right now. I would think if they're buying with stolen CC info they would say that you should use the refill/pts as quick as possible. Otherwise they would have a problem with the inventory getting "stale" since some people would realize a problem with their credit card in a short amount of time.

They have a facebook page also. I would think if they were running into issues you'd see a lot of posts on there. However it looks pretty clean.

Anybody tried Virgin Mobile $60 refill deal from Netstrada website for $42 ? I seen they sell on eBay too

dibuu said:   Anybody tried Virgin Mobile $60 refill deal from Netstrada website for $42 ? I seen they sell on eBay too

looks too much like a scam. $60 card now for $35.50. if it's too good to be true.............

guilty1 said:   dibuu said:   Anybody tried Virgin Mobile $60 refill deal from Netstrada website for $42 ? I seen they sell on eBay too

looks too much like a scam. $60 card now for $35.50. if it's too good to be true.............
I've bough numerous "cards" from these "type" of folks & similar deals over the last year and never had a problem. Of course that could change and YMMV but so far I'm way ahead of the game.

Skipping 6 Messages...
I'm still using CrazyGameTime refills whenever I can't find a better deal on eBay from reputable dealers.

I've been able to score $50 T-Mobile cards for $35 and $40, every once in awhile. Dealers only have a handful, since they buy cell phones for use overseas and have no use for the $50 T-Mobile card that's included in the package. Therefore, they separate them and are able sell them at a discount or put them up for bid.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014